• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are there no gifs

this thread has gone downhill

iocTnY6bpltys.gif

bud

it's incredible how two of the worst players in the world, coloccini and gutierrez, play for the same club.

Clegg

Newcastle are awful. Arnie was right about that malign French influence.

Debuchy is one of the most average full backs I've ever seen and Mbiwa looks inept whenever the ball comes near him.

Meier

I have no clue how I am still 5th in FPL. Fucking cursed I tell ya.

Started 5 defenders this week thinking Stoke and/or City would sure keep Clean Sheets. Luke Shaw was the only one to get more than 1 point. Panic sold Remy for -4 to replace him with Lukaku and then Remy scores a goal anyway. Didn't play him this week so I took a loss on a guy I didn't even play.

Edit: Strike that last bit. He was 4.5 but is now 5.2.. I guess they gave me his value as 4.8, so I did get the profit.

Lightning

Banned
Higuain could be out of the game against Arsenal? That's disappointing. I wanted us to beat their best team but as long as we win all is good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Debuchy is one of the most average full backs I've ever seen and Mbiwa looks inept whenever the ball comes near him.

Mbiwa was embarrassing to watch tonight, when Williamson is coming on to stem the tide something is seriously wrong. I doubt he'll play again for a long while.

Arnie

Yep yep yep.

Horrendous transfer policy that was doomed to failure. People bigged up M'Biwa big time and he's one of the worst fucking players I've ever seen. Not only are these signings technically poor, they've got less brains than a bowl of porridge. Similar consistency, too.

And the whole thing is concocted by Alan Pardew.

You know that bus in Speed? Well it's like that but Stevie Wonder is driving.

Clegg

Mbiwa was embarrassing to watch tonight, when Williamson is coming on to stem the tide something is seriously wrong. I doubt he'll play again for a long while.
Sissoko is disappointing too. He isn't Mbiwa levels of bad but he started off so brightly and now he's just so average.

Lightning

Banned
I would be more inclined to agree with that if we had our best team available.
If we get our full team back we will take a piss on most other teams midfields. We have way too much midfield talent to have so little talent everywhere else.

Hopefully Poldi comes back soon. I'm sure he will then become back up to Giroud.

Clegg

Yep yep yep.

Horrendous transfer policy that was doomed to failure. People bigged up M'Biwa big time and he's one of the worst fucking players I've ever seen. Not only are these signings technically poor, they've got less brains than a bowl of porridge. Similar consistency, too.

And the whole thing is concocted by Alan Pardew.

You know that bus in Speed? Well it's like that but Stevie Wonder is driving.
They had a few initial successes with their transfer policy. Cabaye was a good purchase as was Ben Arfa. But then they started going for more French players and started getting diminishing returns.

Cabaye is a player who wants a move. He isn't playing as well as he was a few years ago but every now and then he shows that he can still be a quality player.

Clegg

United Bros there is a new article on the Graun saying the Glazers have made £50m available for Moyes to spend in January, with Herrera and Baines being the top targets.

Sounds very similar to the articles written in the summer about funds being available. It also goes on to say that Moyes will only spend the money on players he deems to be of the proper value. Have a read if you like.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/manchester-united-david-moyes-glazer

edit: The Telegraph is reporting the same thing. They mention Mangala too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...he-needs-to-boost-squad-by-Glazer-family.html

WJD

United Bros there is a new article on the Graun saying the Glazers have made £50m available for Moyes to spend in January, with Herrera and Baines being the top targets.

Sounds very similar to the articles written in the summer about funds being available. It also goes on to say that Moyes will only spend the money on players he deems to be of the proper value. Have a read if you like.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/manchester-united-david-moyes-glazer

Aaand that's where the optimism dies.

kharma45

Saw that earlier. Can see us bringing someone in, can't see Everton wanting to let Baines go then though.

Barzul

Giroud + Ozil + Carzola = GODZILLA . Reminds of Theo Van Nasregas (so short-lived). Anyway can't wait to see those 3 play together. Great to hear Higuain is out, anything to get get 3 points and that would be much harder with him playing.

edit: The Telegraph is reporting the same thing. They mention Mangala too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...he-needs-to-boost-squad-by-Glazer-family.html

Herrera's proper value isn't his buyout clause, but you must pay his buyout clause. No way that deal gets done.

Few questions about Band of Brothers

a) Is it historically accurate
b) How much of it is about their family back home
c) How much of it is about the relationships between the soldiers
d) Is it always centred on the US troops?

kharma45

A) Yes
B) None of it
C) All of it
D) Almost always yes, the show is about the 101st after all.

Empty

a) it's heavily based on well regarded first hand book
b) nearly zero. one character mentions his girlfriend dumping him a few times.
c) this is the meat of the show. it's about the camaraderie between a single group (as well as using amazing cinematopgraphy to capture the intensity of warfare)
d) basically yes

We don't need a CB just yet, we just need to stop playing Rio. At the end of the year would be the time to sign one, Ferdinand is OK as back up to Evans/Smalling/Jones.

Do you think Moyes is going to play Evans from now on? Feels like every chance he gets, he puts Rio.

Cheers. Gonna be between BoB and Deadwood I think. My brother has BoB on DVD but he won't let me borrow it, the cunt.

Netflix.

Clegg

HBO make too much money from box sets to ever put their shows on Netflix.

The only reason for Rome being on Netflix is because it was a joint production with BBC.

Clegg

Sounds like the Guardian and the Telegraph have been briefed by United over this £50m to spend in January.

We had plenty of these briefs over summer and they went nowhere. But I still remain optimistic that we'll sign some quality players. Woodward and Moyes will want to make up for a dreadful summer transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom