• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWong

Banned
Lukaku finally got some action.

With Giroud, Studge, and Benteke on my line, I'm not sure if I can switch out for him, and my other lines are pretty solid too.

Suen

Fiorentina that is why you're in the Europa league... Finish off your fucking games
It was meant to happen. As long as Donadoni choose Palladino, Okaka or preferrably Sansone we can create more chances to score. As much as people hate Cassano he does have (and have shown it well in Parma so far) good ability to quickly pick out the right players to pass the ball to when we're clashing with our opponents defense. We need quick players, players with a good pace and who scores quickly, to be there with him or else he's pretty useless on his own. Amauri is static, he doesn't really suit Cassano's play. But knowing Donadoni he will soon put Amauri back there, instead of someone like Sansone who seems to have lots of promising talent and who a good chunk of Parma fans would love to see play more.

Zabojnik

I remember when some people thought Palladino was going to be the next Del Piero.

palladino02gjj6.jpg

5 assists in his last 5 games bro.

Won Barca a cup against Atletico in 45 minutes, the same team that just kept Ronaldo, Gareth Bench, Isco, Illarraflopdi and Benz in their pocket for 90 minutes.

GOAT in the making.

#MessiOut

Convenient that when you win it that it's a cup and when Real beat you to win it then it's only a glorified friendly.

FootballFan

Convenient that when you win it that it's a cup and when Real beat you to win it then it's only a glorified friendly.

Exactly as Zab and Klopp said. When you lose the supercup it's nothing and you seriously don't care. When you win it, "fuck yeaaahh!!"

(Klopp after Dortmund beat Bayern earlier in the season)

"It was an amazing game. I think you could see that both teams really wanted to win. The winner is always happy and the loser does not care too much – this is the great thing about the Supercup."

That's how it works everywhere for everybody though. It's how it should be. JUVE SUPERCUP WINNERS 2013 FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Exactly as Zab and Klopp said. When you lose the supercup it's nothing and you seriously don't care. When you win it, "fuck yeaaahh!!"

(Klopp after Dortmund beat Bayern earlier in the season)

"It was an amazing game. I think you could see that both teams really wanted to win. The winner is always happy and the loser does not care too much – this is the great thing about the Supercup."

So I don't have to feel bad anymore about being crushed by CSKA in the Super Cup this year(and Rubin last year)? Excellent.

The heart celebration is one of the worst celebrations. I don't like the baby one either or the thumb sucking celebration. The shirt messages are shit too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mirko Vucinic turns 30 today. We are already dead.
It has never been cool. Worst 'celebration' out there today.

Worst celebration is Messi's. Pointing to the heavens/grandma.

The jig is up man, just point to your penis or scratch your balls from now on.

Not LB. Evra and Fabio can cover that. Not really RB, because Rafael, Fabio, Jones, Valencia can get us by. I will be infuriated if we keep pushing for Baines in the next window.

Beast CB would be lovely. Probably v. difficult to acquire in January. Almost any CB worth getting is going to be one of a pair, and you'd have to be a fucking tit to split your partnership in January.

I want another central midfielder but I have a really fucking hard time seeing Herrera as a satisfying buy. We can expect to get stitched up by a few clubs to start the window off, too. Everybody is going to want to turn us down, make us panic. Galatasaray will say we offered 2m for their entire squad.

I'd like a mean winger to compensate for the age/exit of Giggs, the uselessness of Young, the radical inconsistency of Valencia, and our reluctance to unleash ZahALLAH. Probably quite gettable. Dunno if we are even interested, though.

We may keep going for Baines, it will be unfortunate seeing such an experienced player like Evra benched while Young gets to run around doing fuck all.

The 4-4-2 with 2 defensive midfielders that Moyes insists on playing makes me wonder where a player like Herrera would fit in, you can't just throw him on the wings. I wish he'd at the very least try 4-3-3 against Palace, Arsenal or an equally shit team.

Lightning

Banned
They'll never learn. It's sickening.
Oh get stuffed. You assholes will shit on us regardless of how we act when we lose. Message board forums are like that, it's not an issue.

You think it's sickening how we act? Just imagine how the rest of us have felt with Man U fans throwing their higher than thou shit in everyone's faces for years. So to united fans bitching is just amusing, nothing more.

You can understand Liverpool fans laughing at others. We have a game against Napoli in the elite competition, they sit and wait for their ohhhhhhhh exciting game against crystal palace. Fun to be a Liverpool fan.

bjaelke

Lukaku finally got some action.

With Giroud, Studge, and Benteke on my line, I'm not sure if I can switch out for him, and my other lines are pretty solid too.

I swapped Benteke for Lukaku after he got injured. Best/only good decision I've made so far.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marcia's assistant editor:

He writes: "I might be wrong, because Gareth Bale has joined late and has barely had a pre-season, but he seems to be a one-dimensional player, who is not so involved in the dynamic side of the game."

He prefaced this by criticising the sale of Mesut Ozil to Arsenal, stating: "The sale of Ozil is an historic error. Real Madrid has got rid of its second best player. He's a 24-year-old player who brought out the best in everyone around him, especially Cristiano Ronaldo."

iZa5MPO1p2AjL_zpse11db6e0.gif

Oh get stuffed. You assholes will shit on us regardless of how we act when we lose. Message board forums are like that, it's not an issue.

You think it's sickening how we act? Just imagine how the rest of us have felt with Man U fans throwing their higher than thou shit in everyone's faces for years. So to united fans bitching is just amusing, nothing more.

You can understand Liverpool fans laughing at others. We have a game against Napoli in the elite competition, they sit and wait for their ohhhhhhhh exciting game against crystal palace. Fun to be a Liverpool fan.

Everyone will shit on everyone. You don't need to get that upset about, I mean you just mocked both United and Liverpool fans.

Mastadon

Banned

Don't worry, we're biding our time. Rodgers will lead us to CL glory next year.

Jack cw

Jack, whats up? How is it going these days?
Nothing much. Girlfriend still has to lay in hospital to avoid a preterm birth. But both are fine so far.

@topic
BILD suspects that Löw has something against Dortmund because he criticizes Dortmund players more often (Hummels for example) and favors Bayern cause he talks pretty much with Pep about tactics...

Lightning

Banned
Everyone will shit on everyone. You don't need to get that upset about, I mean you just mocked both United and Liverpool fans.
Because you's misunderstanding us. What you are seeing for us is excitement for our game. Certain people will have the cautious/humble approach to the game, others will have the confident lets do this approach. Both are acceptable and fine.

Being shit on is fine, I've taken heaps and heaps when we've lost. Shit gets thrown at me, I throw shit at others, it's fine. Liverpool laughing at us when we lose, if we lose is no different to me laughing at them that they are no where near the competition to begin with.

It would be like Inter fans laughing at AC Milan if they lose against Ajax. All well and good but where are Inter? It doesn't mean they shouldn't though, banter is fun. I certainly had a good laugh after your game with West Brom as many of you had after our game with Aston Villa.

These draws are shitting on us too. First we drew Fenebache, the hardest team we could have gotten, then we drew a group of death, then we got West Brom away followed by fucking Chelsea. What the fuck... With this luck we will draw Everton away first game of the FA cup, win and you get Man City! Well thanks a lot.

pappe

I have a feeling we are gonna lose in UCL and then against Sunderland too as they will have a new manager and the team and supporters are always charged up when they have a new manager.

Blablurn

Nothing much. Girlfriend still has to lay in hospital to avoid a preterm birth. But both are fine so far.

@topic
BILD suspects that Löw has something against Dortmund because he criticizes Dortmund players more often (Hummels for example) and favors Bayern cause he talks pretty much with Pep about tactics...

I'm sure she will be fine! Good luck for everything!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom