• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Guardian and the Telegraph have been briefed by United over this £50m to spend in January.

We had plenty of these briefs over summer and they went nowhere. But I still remain optimistic that we'll sign some quality players. Woodward and Moyes will want to make up for a dreadful summer transfer window.

Have fun trying to lure people to you when you're coming 9th in January :p

Scum

So, club European footie this week. Domestic league footie over the weekend and then internationalol for a week and half. :<

So, club European footie this week. Domestic league footie over the weekend and then internationalol for a week and half. :<

Been a good week, PL gained some momentum, now the international break to ruin things as always

Manchester burned to the ground
Liverpool (the city) rise from the ashes
Tottenham and Chelsea drop points
Madrid lose, the curse is broken, La Liga decided before October
The seeds of discontent have been sown at Old Trafford
Napoli won
B-Rod wore his black suit
Kolo gave us another gif
I didn't have to use my AK

Salazar

Maybe, or maybe he's just resting them.

I can definitely see Young getting a Europe start. Perplexing and dismaying though it is.

Less worried about the width at the moment than the defence. Büttner has started talking big about how United are gonna bounce back and whatnot, but you can't extravagantly shit yourself when players run at you and then pipe up after the game about fighting spirit. It's too easy to get round that dude. You can see it - even mid-tier wingers have belief that they can get a line in towards goal if they push and go near the corner flag. Smalling has the same problem but at least he is categorically out-of-position as a fullback. Rafael needs to be our league RB. Evra/Fabio need to be our starting league LBs. Evans, Smalling, and Jones need to be shuffled as partners to Vidic. Give Rio a goddamn holiday. We can't afford to rotate that shit all that much, because look what happens.

Lightning

Banned
Been a good week, PL gained some momentum, now the international break to ruin things as always

Manchester burned to the ground
Liverpool (the city) rise from the ashes
Tottenham and Chelsea drop points
Madrid lose, the curse is broken, La Liga decided before October
The seeds of discontent have been sown at Old Trafford
Napoli won
B-Rod wore his black suit
Kolo gave us another gif
I didn't have to use my AK
You seem like you'll be in heaven if we lose at West Brom this weekend.

Wilbur

Banned
the only upset thing around here will be sviatoslav when russia is proven to be a cunt hair on the vast beautiful pussy that is world football once more*

*disclaimer: once more is wrong because liverpool failed in their task, arnold you fuck you tempted fate

I can definitely see Young getting a Europe start. Perplexing and dismaying though it is.

Less worried about the width at the moment than the defence. Büttner has started talking big about how United are gonna bounce back and whatnot, but you can't extravagantly shit yourself when players run at you and then pipe up after the game about fighting spirit. It's too easy to get round that dude. You can see it - even mid-tier wingers have belief that they can get a line in towards goal if they push and go near the corner flag. Smalling has the same problem but at least he is categorically out-of-position as a fullback. Rafael needs to be our league RB. Evra/Fabio need to be our starting league LBs. Evans, Smalling, and Jones need to be shuffled as partners to Vidic. Give Rio a goddamn holiday. We can't afford to rotate that shit all that much, because look what happens.

Buttner is a strange case, he's got a very good ball control but whoever told him he's good at defending really hates him. I wonder if anyone at United might suggest playing him as a left winger. It could be worth a go if he likes to play up front so much.

Which positions do you think need new players in that we can get at the January window?

GorillaJu

United are so shit right now and yet are only behind City by 3 points. :lol

Yeah the difference though is that City look a real threat if they get their defensive issues worked out (just replace Hart, seriously). They've been scoring 2-3 great goals from open play routinely, but they've just been letting in too many as well.

United haven't scored from open play in weeks. They've got issues all over the pitch. I would say only 4 players out of the starting XI are worthy of the shirt at the moment.

Points are the only stats that matter so when all is said and done if both Manchester clubs pick up the pace from now on it'd be close between them.

Why is Alex the Butt starting though? I know Evra is suspect defensively but he's got to be better than Büttner. Sessegnon waltzed through that defense like an under-21 side.

Wilbur

Banned
‘I have to take this like some kind of message (from the manager),’ said Kagawa. ‘I need to improve more and more, or I cannot survive at this club.

‘I have to take this in a positive way and keep trying to do my best.

david what have you done

david what have you done

iojqN32WPOlYl.gif

Salazar

Which positions do you think need new players in that we can get at the January window?

Not LB. Evra and Fabio can cover that. Not really RB, because Rafael, Fabio, Jones, Valencia can get us by. I will be infuriated if we keep pushing for Baines in the next window.

Beast CB would be lovely. Probably v. difficult to acquire in January. Almost any CB worth getting is going to be one of a pair, and you'd have to be a fucking tit to split your partnership in January.

I want another central midfielder but I have a really fucking hard time seeing Herrera as a satisfying buy. We can expect to get stitched up by a few clubs to start the window off, too. Everybody is going to want to turn us down, make us panic. Galatasaray will say we offered 2m for their entire squad.

I'd like a mean winger to compensate for the age/exit of Giggs, the uselessness of Young, the radical inconsistency of Valencia, and our reluctance to unleash ZahALLAH. Probably quite gettable. Dunno if we are even interested, though.

the only upset thing around here will be sviatoslav when russia is proven to be a cunt hair on the vast beautiful pussy that is world football once more*

*disclaimer: once more is wrong because liverpool failed in their task, arnold you fuck you tempted fate

Haven't you heard, Wilbs? Hulk is no longer a flop, Arshavin is back to his old self after shedding the Wenger-taint, Kerzhakov remembered how to score again. There's now nothing stopping Zenit from CL glory. All I'm upset about is that we only put 4 goals past Spartak this season at the Petrovskiy while it was 5 last season.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't you heard, Wilbs? Hulk is no longer a flop, Arshavin is back to his old self after shedding the Wenger-taint, Kerzhakov remembered how to score again. There's now nothing stopping Zenit from CL glory. All I'm upset about is that we only put 4 goals past Spartak this season at the Petrovskiy while it was 5 last season.

I watched like 11 minutes of some game you had last week, I wasn't impressed.

it was half time and i didnt understand the commentators

Time for some absolutely pointless CL predictions for tomorrow.

FC Basel 1 v Schalke 04 1
Steaua Bucuresti 1 v Chelsea 2

Arsenal 2 v Napoli 2
Borussia Dortmund 2 v Marseille 0

Zenit St Petersburg
3 v Austria Vienna 1
FC Porto 1 v Atletico Madrid 2

Ajax Amsterdam 0 v AC Milan 1
Celtic 0 v Barcelona 3

Lightning

Banned

Arsenal 2 v Napoli 2

Zenit St Petersburg
3 v Austria Vienna 1

Celtic 0 v Barcelona 3
Bitch. We're going to win! Ozil now and forever!

GorillaJu

FC Basel 3 v Schalke 04 1
Steaua Bucuresti 0 v Chelsea 1

Arsenal 1 v Napoli 2/b]
Borussia Dortmund 2 v Marseille 2
Zenit St Petersburg 1 v Austria Vienna 0

Ajax Amsterdam 0 v AC Milan 2
Celtic 1 v Barcelona 4

Time to hit the bookies, guys.

Wilbur

Banned

Arsenal 1 v Napoli 1

Zenit St Petersburg
2 v Austria Vienna 1
FC Porto 1 v Atletico Madrid 1

Ajax Amsterdam 1 v AC Milan 1
Celtic 0 v Barcelona 3

Lightning

Banned
Nope, 2-2 like in the Emirates Cup. Arsenal need to drop some points soon for the sake of all of us at footy-gaf. Arsenal fans have started developing signs of delusions of grandeur.
Nothing can stop Ozil and Ramsey combo. Napoli are ours for the taking buddy.

Join us and enjoy the spoils!

FootballFan

^Messi is injured guys, but we still have

Arsenal 2 v Napoli 2

Zenit St Petersburg
3 v Austria Vienna 1

Celtic 0 v Barcelona 3

Neygod

omgkitty

Fox is showing the AC Milan and Barcelona games again for the 2nd time in a row. Go fuck yourselves Fox. They're playing fucking Celtic and Ajax! Those teams are shit.

omgkitty

You need a stream again for our big game?

I've got it covered this time, but it pisses me off. Having to watch a shitty stream that stutters online when I pay good money for cable and all the sports channels, and they show the same fucking teams over and over again. AC Milan is shit this year too. Arsenal are a bigger club than them and pull in more television money than they do. No reason not to show our game. It's the 1st and 2nd place teams in their respective leagues. Then Fox feels the need to charge a fee to watch games on their website, when ESPN and NBC both offer free options for their games. It's absolute bullshit.

GorillaJu

Arsenal 1 v Napoli 1

Zenit St Petersburg
2 v Austria Vienna 1
FC Porto 1 v Atletico Madrid 1

Ajax Amsterdam 1 v AC Milan 1
Celtic 0 v Barcelona 3

Damn for a second I thought you posted the exact same predictions as Svia but just knocked down Zenit's score by a goal

Would have been funny

FootballFan

Neygod's only appearance on the score sheet will be a yellow card for diving. Pedro will score 3 though.

5 assists in his last 5 games bro.

Won Barca a cup against Atletico in 45 minutes, the same team that just kept Ronaldo, Gareth Bench, Isco, Illarraflopdi and Benz in their pocket for 90 minutes.

GOAT in the making.

#MessiOut

GorillaJu

Won Barca a cup against Atletico in 45 minutes, the same team that just kept Ronaldo, Gareth Bench, Isco, Illarraflopdi and Benz in their pocket for 90 minutes.

GOAT in the making.

#MessiOut

Assists don't put one on the scoresheet.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

GOAT in the making.

#MessiOut

2013-09-30_ENTRENO_GLASGOW_11.v1380569017.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom