• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

The Nani red was different. Nani was controlling the ball. Brown just kicked Nerman for no reason.

At no point does Nani make contact with that ball lol.

ib2BsbUFyoZpqQ.gif

Both are reds, but Brown was being a scumbag. Nani made a mistake methinks.

Neymar was a red.

Nani's wasn't. We've been through this before.

Thought Pedro was poor today. Sanchez did well when he came on.

Agreed, pedro was poor. Liked seeing Tello left, Nerman center and Alexis right. At the end. We should play that sometimes when messi gets a break or copa.

Messi

There's always a reason to kick Neymar.

But yeah, very disappointed in Brown, for barely touching him, and it not being to the face.

I thought Nerman had a great game. Your keeper is fantastic though. That double save holy fuck. World Class. Also another great save 1 on 1 with nerman.

ib2BsbUFyoZpqQ.gif

Agreed, pedro was poor. Liked seeing Tello left, Nerman center and Alexis right. At the end. We should play that sometimes when messi gets a break or copa.

I never said he made contact. The intention was to control the ball. That is how you control the ball when it's a bit far and a bit high.

Completely different from Brown who just kicked Nerman after the whistle.

K1LLER7

ib2BsbUFyoZpqQ.gif

50/50 both for the ball. One decides to use his foot, the other his chest. A yellow at most =P

Neymar needs to be more greedy imo. He gets into so many good positions, but instead of shooting, he tries to lay it off. Agreed he did better through the middle. Some of his through balls towards the end were class.

Still, Neymar left a sour note by completely over-reacting. I'm sure Dani Alves did similar earlier in the game too - squirming and screaming all over, and then getting up and happily jogging on.

I recall a Celtic player got challenged fairly heavily...guy just got up.

I wanted to make some predictions for tomorrow night, but I genuinely can't - all the games are so hard to call.

Celtic did well though, really made Barca work. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that they had the better of the chances either, despite the disparity in possession.

Clegg

The thing which pissed me off the most about the Nani sending off was Javi Martinez doing the exact same thing in the next round of the CL and not even getting booked for it.

cremino

FUCK YOU ALLEGRI, Ajax humiliated us you prick, we can't play decent football and that's your fucking fault.

Mario rules and getting a pen like that is pathetic but I don't care. Farça are still gonna trash us tho.

Allegri is so lucky....Everybody want is head but he always get away with it at the last moment. I know many Milan fans hoped in a defeat and then his dismissal......And they hate him even more after his post match interview...

Messi

50/50 both for the ball. One decides to use his foot, the other his chest. A yellow at most =P

Neymar needs to be more greedy imo. He gets into so many good positions, but instead of shooting, he tries to lay it off. Agreed he did better through the middle. Some of his through balls towards the end were class.

I wish he would just shoot more, he is clearly trying to fit into the passing system and he is doing well. But he is losing that killer edge he had in brazil and when he plays for brazil. You seen it when he was in the center at the end. But its for nothing as in 2 weeks messi will be back in that position.

Nerman over reacted, but it's still a clear red. Brown should shoulder all of the blame, not Nerman.

Yeah I agree to be honest.

Bartra got cleaned out of it near the end and just got up lol

Clegg

Saw this on twitter. Don't know if true or not

Interesting statement. Allegri (mgr AC Milan): "We let Ajax have all the ball possession because that's our tactic against superior teams."

K1LLER7

Still, Neymar left a sour note by completely over-reacting. I'm sure Dani Alves did similar earlier in the game too - squirming and screaming all over, and then getting up and happily jogging on.

I recall a Celtic player got challenged fairly heavily...guy just got up.

I wanted to make some predictions for tomorrow night, but I genuinely can't - all the games are so hard to call.

Celtic did well though, really made Barca work. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that they had the better of the chances either, despite the disparity in possession.
PREDICTIONS:-

City - Bayer = Draw
Shaktar - M.United = United win
PSG - Benfica = PSG win
Madrid - WoodenFC = Madrid win
Moscow - Plzen = Moscow
Anderlecht - Olympiakos = draw
Juve - Gala = Juve win

PREDICTIONS:-

City - Bayer = Draw
Shaktar - M.United = United win
PSG - Benfica = PSG win
Madrid - WoodenFC = Madrid win
Moscow - Plzen = Moscow
Anderlecht - Olympiakos = draw
Juve - Gala = Juve win

I'm so conflicted about United :[

I WANT them to win, I HOPE they win, but they've just been so shocking as of late. You look at it on paper and it's a game that they should get through, but then the same can be said of West Brom at HOME this past weekend :/

I definitely agree with City drawing though, think both teams will score but it'll remain tight. Both teams have won their first match so won't want to give too much away to the other.

I'd expect Juve to win, but everytime I come in here on a CL night it seems to be full of people complaining about how terrible they're performing :p

LegoArmo

I thought Nerman had a great game. Your keeper is fantastic though. That double save holy fuck. World Class. Also another great save 1 on 1 with nerman.

It was a pretty good game, very tense. Neymar did okay, probably your biggest threat before Sanchez came on.

I think Celtic played a lot more than the game last year, actually had quite a few chances, shame about how it ended. And yeah, I do think it was a red, just because of the intent. Your captain shouldn't lose his head like that.

Neymar overreacted quite a bit, but then Brown knew he would. Just silly.

Crowd was great and really respectful of your players besides the obvious. Iniesta got applauded off.

Great save from Valdes too. Seems he's having a good season so far in general. Forster is similarly flappy sometimes though. :)

Messi

I WANT them to win, I HOPE they win, but they've just been so shocking as of late. You look at it on paper and it's a game that they should get through, but then the same can be said of West Brom at HOME this past weekend :/

I definitely agree with City drawing though, think both teams will score but it'll remain tight. Both teams have won their first match so won't want to give too much away to the other.

I'd expect Juve to win, but everytime I come in here on a CL night it seems to be full of people complaining about how terrible they're performing :p

Oh you have met JuveGAF, bunch of optimists and that turncoat Yurt.

K1LLER7

Messi, JM7 will put in a defensive masterclass.

I've got a feeling that United will pull the win off. Maybe a close 1-0. RVP back is a boost and Kagawa did look good in the 1st half. Shame Moyes doesn't seem fond of him.

Wouldn't mind a 433, Carrick - Fellani - Cleverley midfield. Looked good in the 2nd half vs City. Would like to see it used again.

Juve-bros always complain about their team and then they go on to win lol.

Slizz

Messi, JM7 will put in a defensive masterclass.

I've got a feeling that United will pull the win off. Maybe a close 1-0. RVP back is a boost and Kagawa did look good in the 1st half. Shame Moyes doesn't seem fond of him.

Wouldn't mind a 433, Carrick - Fellani - Cleverley midfield. Looked good in the 2nd half vs City. Would like to see it used again.

Juve-bros always complain about their team and then they go on to win lol.

Unfortunately these days clean sheets are a rarity. I'd be very surprised to see one against Shaktar.

Messi

It was a pretty good game, very tense. Neymar did okay, probably your biggest threat before Sanchez came on.

I think Celtic played a lot more than the game last year, actually had quite a few chances, shame about how it ended. And yeah, I do think it was a red, just because of the intent. Your captain shouldn't lose his head like that.

Neymar overreacted quite a bit, but then Brown knew he would. Just silly.

Crowd was great and really respectful of your players besides the obvious. Iniesta got applauded off.

Great save from Valdes too. Seems he's having a good season so far in general. Forster is similarly flappy sometimes though. :)

Fans at the Celtic games are always amazing, such passion for the team.

I was happy to see that you guys didn't sit back and defend all game. Samaras in particular was trying all game to get something going.

The whole Neymar thing was silly. Brown got wound up over the stupid foul and Neymar did exactly what he expected him to do once he kicked out. stupid all around. But still a red.

Valdes has been our 2nd best player this season after Messi. He saved 2 penalties in the past 3 weeks. Has made lots of flying and reaction saves. Its almost as it he is putting himself in the shop window lol. I wish we could keep him as I love him. He is also helping out big time with the defensive problems, if he was not playing well we might be fucked as the defence is still usless.

Dibbz

Highlight of the night was Özil dribbling past players down the wing then playing it to Rosicky only to find out it was actually Giroud on the wing.

giroud_smilejdjv6.gif

Lightning

Banned
Yup, huge games. The home game is sandwiched between two potentially lighter fixtures (Norwich, Crystal Palace, though admittedly we've dropped a lot of points against Norwich over the past two seasons) so we should really be looking to pick up at least 3 points out of 6 for those two. The away fixture will be a challenge, and it comes at a really difficult time, but our away record has been fantastic this year. I definitely think we can (and will) get at least 3 point from these fixtures, and with it, hopefully qualification.

Personally, I'm glad we've gotten a pretty difficult group this year. It's good to get more difficult fixtures earlier in the season to get the team up to speed—especially how the past two seasons, we've really struggled coming out of the gate.
I'm not so worried about that anymore.

We played outstanding today and that was with us carrying Rosciky since he wasn't up to speed because of his injury.We still have Cazorla, Podoliski and Walcott who all come back with 3 weeks, 2 of which are an international break. That will give us depth in midfield and some forward depth as well as Podolski can play and score as a CF.

This team has become mentally stronger this season. A normal Arsenal after that Villa game would have lost or drawn the next 2 games and struggled to beat Fenerbache. We were comfortable. It's not only Ramsey, although he's the standout, everyone has upped their game. Gibbs has been sensational, Gnarby comes in and states his claim, Merte and Kos steady and Flamini has been beast mode. This Napoli game Arsenal made a huge statement, imo, just 1 game but that was fantastic. Flamini/Arteta double pivot excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom