• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Haha

I have a friend who does that, I linked him to the thread and he said "better avoid posting their or my inhumanity will be revealed."

You have a friend on gaf? It's viva isn't it?

I knew it.

You're brothers probably.

List of gaf brothers:

tc and dc
Wilbs and FW
Sleepless and viva.

GorillaJu

^ lol me too I had to run into the bathroom because I couldn't stop laughing.

Super Mario 3D world looks shitty. Nintendo has completely lost their sense of originality. Makes me so sad. :(

Salvadora

WWWWWDWDWWWLWWWWWWWWWW
wengercelebration.gif

gQoGDBY.jpg

Fuck Napoli losing 2-0, useless bastards.

Thank god it was to Arsenal.

I really hate when Arsenal play Italian opposition. I always want Arsenal to win, but as an Italian who believes our football is superior also wants them to do well.

Saw this on twitter. Don't know if true or not

It's true.

And that's how we're going to play when we're away facing a side that isn't from the second half of the Serie A standings. We let them play in the first half, then we try to do our best in the second half. Sometimes it'll work (it almost did yesterday), a lot of times it won't work (it almost did yesterday).

Juve is going to trash us on Sunday.

Lightning

Banned
It's true.

And that's how we're going to play when we're away facing a side that isn't from the second half of the Serie A standings. We let them play in the first half, then we try to do our best in the second half. Sometimes it'll work (it almost did yesterday), a lot of times it won't work (it almost did yesterday).

Juve is going to trash us on Sunday.
How can he possibly think Ajax are better than Milan? Barcelona are going to hand you your asses if you play like that.

How can he possibly think Ajax are better than Milan? Barcelona are going to hand you your asses if you play like that.

Currently, it takes little effort to be better than us, form-wise, talent-wise, you name it. We are struggling to find the best tactic for our team both because of our injured players (yesterday Birsa got injured, Kakà is still out, same with El Shaa, De Sciglio and Pazzini) and presidential orders (Berlusconi says we should play with a 4-3-1-2, Allegri wants to use the same 4-3-3 from last season).

After the international break (and, well, losing to Juventus) all of the injured players will be back according to Galliani, and then we'll finally be able to consider better than Ajax. I know that's depressing, but as of today that's how things are. It's a matter of time, basically.

Barzul

I've been expecting Ramsey to have a bad game one of these days, but he keeps maintaining the same level he's been at all season. He's come very far. Carzola might be back for West Brom, so I'm looking forward to that. But I'm thinking Wenger won't use him to avoid him being called up for the international break. Looking forward to Bayern - City later, goodnight footyGAF.

Lightning

Banned
Aaron Ramsey's form could be the best thing that ever happened for Jack Wilshere. He needs competition for his place, he needs a kick up the ass to perform better, or he sits on the bench because Ramsey at the moment is the perfect midfielder. He can shoot, he can pass, he scores, he gets assists, he defends and tackles well, he has learned when to attack when to defend. He's fucking awesome.

When our players come back its hard to see how Jack starts any of the big games. Cazorla and Ozil working together is going go be orgasmic. This is awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So we meet again, Mancini and Fry8 :)

And what a brilliant performance by Arsenal last night! They played like champs.
With Messi last season, loss vs Celtic.

With Neymar this season, win vs Celtic.

Oh god, just fuck off already with your Neymar PR.

Zabojnik

Guys, I tried buying / downloading Fifa 14 PC on Amazon.com, but apparently is for US citizens only. Is there any way around that? PrematureQuiche led me to believe everybody was buying it there, the bastard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd expect Juve to win, but everytime I come in here on a CL night it seems to be full of people complaining about how terrible they're performing :p

we r terrubl pls understand

Actually, I'm quite confident in our team, and against anyone, but currently we are in bad BAD form. It's like watching a XI of Mirko's running jogging around the pitch.

Tevez please be fit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Aaron Ramsey's form could be the best thing that ever happened for Jack Wilshere. He needs competition for his place, he needs a kick up the ass to perform better, or he sits on the bench because Ramsey at the moment is the perfect midfielder. He can shoot, he can pass, he scores, he gets assists, he defends and tackles well, he has learned when to attack when to defend. He's fucking awesome.

When our players come back its hard to see how Jack starts any of the big games. Cazorla and Ozil working together is going go be orgasmic. This is awesome.

I think that's what is quite exciting for a lot of the top teams. They still have big players to put back into the team, they are still well below their potential. Liverpool have added Suarez back and it makes a big difference plus they have Johnson and Coutinho to come in, Arsenal have Cazorla, Arteta, Podolski etc and Spurs have Lamela, Lennon, Kaboul, Capoue and Adebayor still to come in and compete. The big teams all have killer squads this year, except United.

Manager

Guys, I tried buying / downloading Fifa 14 PC on Amazon.com, but apparently is for US citizens only. Is there any way around that? PrematureQuiche led me to believe everybody was buying it there, the bastard.

If nothing has changed, people pick any US adress (from a state with no tax) and use their European credit card.

Jack cw

I'm a pessimist. I don't need reason. ;-)
Haha touché :p
I hope for a win but I'd be fine with a draw too. City is probably the big opponent at the right time. They might even have the better individual players but I think our tactics and team is superior.

Manager

Haha touché :p
I hope for a win but I'd be fine with a draw too. City is probably the big opponent at the right time. They might even have the better individual players but I think our tactics and team is superior.

City's away form is currently horrible, but every single home match has been very good so far. I think most City fans would be happy with a draw though. City's defense has been vulnerable against quick transitions and counter-attack.... Pellegrini plays with high risks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Probable lineups

Juventus (3-5-2):
Buffon
Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini
Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah
Vucinic, Tevez.

Galatasaray (4-2-3-1):
Muslera
Riera, Chedjou, Semih Kaya, Eboue
Felipe Melo, Selcuk Inan
Bruma, Sneijder, Aydin Yilmaz
Drogba.

If Sneijder is the one marking Pirlo then they're already dead.

I didn't know there were that many people that strictly listened to video game music. The hell man. And it doesn't make any sense. Video game music isn't restricted to one genre. What's stopping them from listening to the same type of music found in other media? The fact that it didn't come from a video game? Just seems extremely weird and biased.

cause they're nerds.

seriously, there's no deep explanation. i bet it's the same type of people who stay up late for Nintendo directs and would rather listen to a podcast filled with neckbeards talking about Bayonetta than watching a good movie.

Zabojnik

If nothing has changed, people pick any US adress (from a state with no tax) and use their European credit card.

That worked, thanks!

EDIT: Or maybe not ... looks like I'll have to wait a while, they're "processing" the order.

Say no more. Stupid clown. Still can't believe the ref bought this shit.

Can't escape the Balotelli (pen.). We're expecting one on Sunday as well.

Jack cw

maybe we are lacking motivation. no idea. we have to see.

Hmm, dont have the feeling we are not hungry anymore. I remember the Supercup against Chelsea and how we fought or the last game against Wolfsburg, were we forced the goal. Only reason we could lose tonight is City in überform or our defence acting like shit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom