• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

1374998_747345995282094_1268844128_n.jpg

Welp, I will have to buy that jacket somehow.

GorillaJu

I think any big team manager, silently if not publicly, wants a 'B team' system, because it's in their best interests, and it's their job to further the interests of their club as much as possible.

Can't blame Rodgers for feeling that way, but I agree with you guys and the only part of me that supports that is for the same reason Rodgers supports it - I want to see Liverpool do as well as possible. However, knowing the consequences and as a fan of the sport, not just my team, I'm against it.

Elchele

This is a bit of an exaggeration. We were pretty lucky, dont forget that. Arsenal nearly kicked us out and luck was also on our side against Dortmund (the first 35 minutes) in the final and against Barca (2 goals were irregular) or against Stuttgart in the DFB final. Everything was on the brink and especially those finals were decided by really small margins. And there were a lot of weak games against Frankfurt or Leverkusen for example. The memory of the treble might have blinded some people. It was an expectional season last year but some key matches were pretty tight and could have easily went the other way around.

Pep didnt invent anything new at Barca too. I still think Heynckes tactics were fantastic but Bayern wants to establish an idea of football for coming generations to stay competitive and Peps way of football is a baseline for this. In the end he will be judged by the success. Bayern plays more like Heynckes 2013 at the moment than Barca in 2008 which is a good thing, but Pep was available and for a club like Bayern the only chance to get him. It is indeed daft but you have to invest into the future sometimes.

We lost one Bundesliga match last season, but I'm not discussing about results. I'm talking about how the team played last season in comparison to how we play now. It's day and night. Is like going back to 10/11 and see the team passing the ball around forever until a goal suddenly happens.

Last season we made things happen, we had possession system in place but with counter-attacking and direct play. We lost all that. Now we rely on individual stars like Ribéry or Robben to break the defenses because our passing game is boring and harmless.

Linius

Our second team is playing professional football since this season. They play one league lower than our first team. And they're actually doing quite well.

At least they won in Eindhoven, something our first team failed pretty damn hard :(

Jack cw

Last season we made things happen, we had possession system in place but with counter-attacking and direct play. We lost all that. Now we rely on individual stars like Ribéry or Robben to break the defenses because our passing game is boring and harmless.

Strange. Its actually the other way around. Last season we were dependant on Riberys and Robbens breakthroughs (remember Barca, Dortmund, Arsenal etc.) on the wings to create our chances. Now Pep is adding another dimension to get attacks through the middle to have even more variety. Heynckes won 0 titles 11/12 until he managed to get a system working even against Dortmund. Pep lost 0 games in Bundesliga until now and it will take some time until Bayern translate what Pep wants on the pitch.

EDIT: And keep in mind that Martinez, Thaigo and Götze are still injured or not fit. Martinez was and is key in defensive midfield.

justjohn

Bayern fans are insane with their constant criticism of pep. You have the best manager in the world and yet you keep whinging. Pep should quit and come to England where he'd be appreciated.

Jack cw

Bayern fans are insane with their constant criticism of pep. You have the best manager in the world and yet you keep whinging. Pep should quit and come to England where he'd be appreciated.
We germans are very special with what we have. It simply cant be good enough. There must be growth and room for progress... And the past always surpasses the present.

rvy

Banned
He has the angelic face of Wooden's lover.

I liked you more when talking about PES :p

Your coach is shit. Not my fault. Shouldn't have gotten him in the first place.

Are you planning on letting Pep coach for 20 years and building a German version of La Masia? No? What are you doing then?

Jack cw

Your coach is shit. Not my fault. Shouldn't have gotten him in the first place.

Are you planning on letting Pep coach for 20 years and building a German version of La Masia? No? What are you doing then?

You sound like a far cry from Ibrahimovic :p

Linius

Wooden, I have been meaning to ask this. I was watching Bron | Broen and I wondered what language are the Swedish and Danish detective talking when they're in conversation? I don't think evert Swede knows Danish and the other way around right?

Slizz

Still can't play GTA Online.... had to make a shit load of characters each time cause even though it says save, it doesn't save. Then had to watch the intro video to online game which is like 5 minutes over and over for each character....

Then when I finally am about to the race each time it just continues to load session and I can't do shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom