• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Ronaldo's new TV:

ng2789976.jpg

now he can watch Barcelona's march to the title in glorious Full HD.

pls photoshop messi with ballon dor

From the videogame OST thread:
Then, again, i'm a firm believer for the theory that human voice is a pretty shitty instrument, and if you've got something interesting to say on it's own merits, write it and i'll read it.
I don't know what to say.

And I can't even write it.

There was also a clear handball when we were 0-0, to be honest. This pen is bullshit, I agree, but let's talk about the whole game and not just one highlight.

Gambit

Hmm, dont have the feeling we are not hungry anymore. I remember the Supercup against Chelsea and how we fought or the last game against Wolfsburg, were we forced the goal. Only reason we could lose tonight is City in überform or our defence acting like shit. :D

I agree. If anything, Pep's Bayern seems under-motivated against the mid-table Bundesliga teams. They will bring it in the Champions League.

Fuck Allegri.

Also so far this season we've incorrectly not been given more penalties than we've actually been awarded. Just yesterday the ref missed two clear ones (a handball and a foul on Balo.)

Zabojnik

Luci, that small cluster of pixels over your avatar's head that's visible on the black theme is driving me insane. Use this.

gordonhousetrasparente.png

Jack cw

And the best squad, too.

He's trying to make us play like a team we trashed 7-0 last season. Plain stupid

Hehe, to be fair Barca was way overdue to be punched out. If you go in depth with the tactics, then there are huge differences between Peps Barca and Peps Bayern. We play with a classic 9 and the tactics are not tailored to one or two players. He even changed the def. midfield back to Heynckes double 6, with two defending midfielders on a line when the opponent has the ball. The big difference is that all attacks are created through the middle, because Alaba and Rafinha become central midfielders. We are now able to run attacks through the middle and trough the wings. Problem is finding balance when we lose the ball. I admire Pep for forcing his idea of football from day one and not carry over Heynckes tactics. It will take some time, but in the end it will become the ultimate idea for Bayern. It started with van Gaal and Heynckes tweaks to that tactic and Pep givig it the last polish. I am pretty confident that we might reach the CL final again this year.

GorillaJu

Cheers, Mastadon.

I didn't realize that a Liverpool player was captaining England at all U21, U19, and U16 levels, as well as of course Gerrard captaining the senior team.

That's the kind of factoid that you'd hear about teams that are in other countries, you know, actually successful. :lol

Elchele

Hehe, to be fair Barca was way overdue to be punched out. If you go in depth with the tactics, then there are huge differences between Peps Barca and Peps Bayern. We play with a classic 9 and the tactics are not tailored to one or two players. He even changed the def. midfield back to Heynckes double 6, with two defending midfielders on a line when the opponent has the ball. The big difference is that all attacks are created through the middle, because Alaba and Rafinha become central midfielders. We are now able to run attacks through the middle and trough the wings. Problem is finding balance when we lose the ball. I admire Pep for forcing his idea of football from day one and not carry over Heynckes tactics. It will take some time, but in the end it will become the ultimate idea for Bayern. It started with van Gaal and Heynckes tweaks to that tactic and Pep givig it the last polish. I am pretty confident that we might reach the CL final again this year.

Using a striker and crosses aren't exactly the most revolutionary things in football. He's just copying what he did in Barcelona, and he completely ignored all Heynckes did. He started from grown zero.

How would that be the ultimate idea for Bayern? We were the best team in the world last season. This is a huge mistake, and by the time the board sees it, it's going to be too late.

faridmon

Fuck that.

And fuck him. Fuck all of the cockends who entertain that fucking stupid idea.

u are ok tho
Yeah, i don't like the idea as well. A feeder club destroying the balance of football league.

ALAS martinez also voiced the same thought earlier this season.

Mastadon

Banned
Fuck that.

And fuck him. Fuck all of the cockends who entertain that fucking stupid idea.

u are ok tho

Nah I agree, I wouldn't like to see it happen. Think it makes a mockery of lower league football. It's a shame the NextGen series wasn't funded this year. It was a good way to introduce youngsters to proper competitive football.

Jack cw

Using a striker and crosses aren't exactly the most revolutionary things in football. He's just copying what he did in Barcelona, and he completely ignored all Heynckes did. He started from grown zero.

How would that be the ultimate idea for Bayern? We were the best team in the world last season. This is a huge mistake, and by the time the board sees it, it's going to be too late.

This is a bit of an exaggeration. We were pretty lucky, dont forget that. Arsenal nearly kicked us out and luck was also on our side against Dortmund (the first 35 minutes) in the final and against Barca (2 goals were irregular) or against Stuttgart in the DFB final. Everything was on the brink and especially those finals were decided by really small margins. And there were a lot of weak games against Frankfurt or Leverkusen for example. The memory of the treble might have blinded some people. It was an expectional season last year but some key matches were pretty tight and could have easily went the other way around.

Pep didnt invent anything new at Barca too. I still think Heynckes tactics were fantastic but Bayern wants to establish an idea of football for coming generations to stay competitive and Peps way of football is a baseline for this. In the end he will be judged by the success. Bayern plays more like Heynckes 2013 at the moment than Barca in 2008 which is a good thing, but Pep was available and for a club like Bayern the only chance to get him. It is indeed daft but you have to invest into the future sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom