• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hart is just so bad these days. Even Chesney looks better than him right now.

Hasn't even been given chances with Valencia and Welbeck on the wings. Even Welbeck offers so much more than Valencia. Unless the teams defends shit and leaves space he's utterly useless. Need to stop starting him for now.

Welbeck did not make a cross in the entire match. He played left wing. Think about that for a minute. Not a single cross.

Salvadora

Yeah, it has been so fucked up the last few years.

HOW THE FUCK COULD ROSICKY BE OUT FOR OVER A YEAR WITH A HMASTRING INJURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is insane. Players have had legs snapped in half and come back quicker than Jack and his foot injury.
You're damn right.

It's mystifying. Wenger is a very intelligent man and Arsenal are a very wealthy club, how is this a problem year after year? I get the feeling that Arsene doesn't really understand the modern game in that respect honestly.

Fergie

Banned
Welbeck did not make a cross in the entire match. He played left wing. Think about that for a minute. Not a single cross.
Still offers overall better play. Valencia can't even join up with the attack, nor does he move centrally if needed.

But I agree, absolute shit wing play today.

Valencia is done. Bad form for a long time with some patchy good displays.

Can we ditch this 3-5-2 now? Our wingbacks are pretty useless and we look vulnerable to counter-attacks #$#$÷@@@!

165012893_2704671642001_vs-524867abe4b06aa01e05ae4b-1083021587001.jpg

Jack cw

Man we were really good today.

Götze needs to get match fit soon.
Götze will be killer in a few weeks. After seeing Müller today I wonder why we need Lewandowski. Mandzukic is also there. I am amazed how pep manages to get players playing different roles.

Elchele

Just like lahm is no DM and müller no CF ;)

Well, Lahm was a CAM in his early days. A DM for a while too. No surprises he can play pretty much everywhere on the pitch, he's one of the best players in the world. Müller was a striker in Bayern II, wasn't he?

But Kirchhoff doesn't has the quality to play as DM. I hope that selling Luiz Gustavo wasn't linked with Pep thinking of Kirchhoff as his replacement...

fuenf

Götze will be killer in a few weeks. After seeing Müller today I wonder why we need Lewandowski. Mandzukic is also there. I am amazed how pep manages to get players playing different roles.

I'm not even sure if Pep wants Lewandowski, it looks like a typical Hoeneß transfer.

Sup folks.

Only seen the second half, grim stuff but the result is fine.

Take it and move on to the next game. Needless to say improvement needed.

Plus points in the 2nd half were Vidic who was immense, Smalling who is looking good at CB and De Gea who is going to be fantastic for Barcelona in the future.

Elchele

Jack pls. Lewa is the ultimate striker we need.
If anything we should off load some midfielders. And Rafinha.

faridmon

Lol. I'm trying. But with the starting lineups and subs he's making with 7-8 games in. Isn't showing much promise.

Experimenting too much.
Was the same at everton. I understand your frustration.

Well, at least he will punch above his weight amd qualify for europa league. :p

fuenf

There was just so much movement among our players. Suddenly Müller was a winger and Robben/Ribery were on the same side, another moment it's all mixed up again.

Getting Ribery and Robben on the same page is easily Heynckes' biggest achievement. I don't know how he did it but for the past 1,5 years it has been a joy to watch these two linking up plays.

Jack cw

Well, Lahm was a CAM in his early days. A DM for a while too. No surprises he can play pretty much everywhere on the pitch, he's one of the best players in the world. Müller was a striker in Bayern II.
Müller was offensive midfielder mostly 10 in the Bayern youth but in the end peps system works and it's absolutely brilliant. This team will get even better in the next few months. Our away performance is fantastic.

Arnie

Robin looked isolated, though.

Not surprised he's gloomy, despises the training methods and the matches ain't much better.

dc89

City fans clapped Bayern off the pitch tonight. Well, gotta hold your hands up, they were pretty damn impossible to play against.

Elchele

Getting Ribery and Robben on the same page is easily Heynckes' biggest achievement. I don't know how he did it but for the past 1,5 years it has been a joy to watch these two linking up plays.

I still remember when we only got to saw both of them playing at the same time for like 2 matches each season.

Elchele

Müller was offensive midfielder mostly 10 in the Bayern youth but in the end peps system works and it's absolutely brilliant. This team will get even better in the next few months. Our away performance is fantastic.

You sure about that? I remember Müller being a striker in the reserves, because they played 4-4-2 until 10/11 season I think.

I'd have taken a draw but I was really disappointed with that performance.

Tactics were like Benitez Liverpool, score early defend for the rest of the game, just awful. They were there for the taking but we had no ambition to attack, none. Valencia was clearly told not to try and run past the full back.

Fellaini was awful, Cleverley not much better. Vidic, Carrick and Evra played well (thought Wellbeck did his job very well, but defending for 70mins should never be his fucking job). RvP barely touched the ball, not entirely sure why Giggs was brought on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom