• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did everyone feel about the BB finale?

I was satisfied but not thrilled. Guess it had to be the way it was though, nicely wrapped up.

I was never going to be thrilled with a finale and when I first watched it I felt a yearning for more. However, it's been growing heavily on me since and now I love it.

Fergie

Banned
Is anyone even playing GTA online right now? I could join a new lobby without any players just fine (well it only took forever to load up) but I can't join any crew members
Same thing. On PS3.

Seems the social club is still having issues, which connects you to your crew.

Clegg

Ravel Morrison has been called up for the England U21's.

First time he's been involved in the international set up since the U16's I think.

dc89

Two of the goals in the CSKA game. :LOOOOOOOOOL

Keeper punches it into some guys head and it chips everyone and goes it.

Wilbur

Banned

I was satisfied but not thrilled. Guess it had to be the way it was though, nicely wrapped up.

Loved it. Cranston was incredible, it was really satisfying, and I think it stayed true to the show. Seen as part of a three act finale with the previous two eps, it was great. Appreciate that others think different though.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen our goal. Loooooool dat defence

Now give me
Hart
Gifs
PLEASE

Was good and solid, not mind b lowing no, but at least it felt like a good proper end unlike so many other tv shows.

That's always a symptom of finales though :lol, people saying "well it wasnt the best episode and that's disappointing". They're literally the hardest episode of the entire run to do right, it would be a miracle if it was the best episode.

The Office christmas special is still the best goodbye ever ;_;

Blablurn

tumblr_mtwhl3GRCr1qhyx8to2_250.gif

tumblr_mtwhl3GRCr1qhyx8to3_250.gif

tumblr_mtwhl3GRCr1qhyx8to1_250.gif

Arnie

Enjoyed it. Satisfied. But I was walking up St John's street on the way to work this morning, sipping a Cappuccino, and this slightly unsavoury thought dawned on me:

It was a bit predictable.

The good guys lived.

The bad guys died.

And the bad good guy got to die on his own terms, leaving his son a wad of cash, giving his daughter a nice little cuddle, and in a meth lab, his little version of Mecca. He died with a smile on his face, both physically and metaphorically, and it felt like a cop out.

And I never really gave a fuck about the nazi dudes anyway, they've only been here about a season and don't have half the presence as Gus or Tuco, so having them act as a pivot for the entire finale felt a bit empty.

I guess Vince just needed a new complication to augment the Walt/Jesse relationship around.

Wilbur

Banned
Gilligan fucked up. That's all there is to it, really.

LOOOOOOOOL you said you liked it, he stuck the landing and it was the best episode of the season a few days ago

@jedtb: that was a very satisfying finale. bravo Gilligan

Come on man. Too much praise getting u angwy?

Zabojnik

Can we ditch this 3-5-2 now? Our wingbacks are pretty useless and we look vulnerable to counter-attacks #$#$÷@@@!

Nope. Conte's too proud to ditch it during the season imo, maybe next summer. Maybe.

2 fucking points, when we could've had 6 easy. *smh* This year's CL City, I called it in August.

jtb

Banned
LOOOOOOOOL you said you liked it, he stuck the landing and it was the best episode of the season a few days ago

@jedtb: that was a very satisfying finale. bravo Gilligan

Come on man. Too much praise getting u angwy?

Of course :p

Nah, the finale was fine. Made the best of a bad situation. It's the final half season that's been totally bizarre and underwhelming. Whatever, show peaked in S3.

It's not the finale that's overrated. It's the show that's overrated.

Clegg

Watching highlights of the City game.

Toure and Fernandinho looked like second rate players compared to Bayern's midfielders. That's scary.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course :p

Nah, the finale was fine. Made the best of a bad situation. It's the final half season that's been totally bizarre and underwhelming. Whatever, show peaked in S3.

3 was better than 4. 4 had a stunning endgame that made people forget that episodes like Open House existed lol

But 5 as a whole was my favourite. I won't talk about it in here, said enough in the other thread

but fuk u

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

I feel the exact same way. They played it safe, the plan went off a little too perfectly but overall it was satisfying and well executed. Ozymandias is the best episode of the season.

That's always a symptom of finales though :lol, people saying "well it wasnt the best episode and that's disappointing". They're literally the hardest episode of the entire run to do right, it would be a miracle if it was the best episode.

The Office christmas special is still the best goodbye ever ;_;

I'm not criticizing it for not being the best episode ever and didn't expect it either, just saying it was good but didn't blow me away, real solid stuff and a good ending. Six feet unders ending wasn't the best episode either, but it left me way more blown away than breaking bads. In the end I still thought it was real good though.

After seeing Dexters ending a week before breaking bads, I think they could have shown Walt wake up and it all being a dream and I would still have accepted it.

Arnie

Nah, the finale was fine. Made the best of a bad situation. It's the final half season that's been totally bizarre and underwhelming.

Bang on the money.

Final half has been pungently average. And the ignorant hyperbole has only added to the stench. Solid final episode, like, but again, given what happened I don't know how you could come away with a sense of plain outrage.

Gambit

My internet cut out just before the second goal, so no footy-gaf for me anymore.

Anyway, back now, reading up on what you good people wrote.

Kirchhoff's substitution certainly changed Bayern's game. I was actually relieved when he finally had to go further back and take Boateng's place. Speaking of which, he was great again and sacrificed himself for the greater good of the team.

I love the free-flowing Pep-Bayern.

Maybe Müller has found his rightful place in the new team.

Indulge me and my narcissism a little, guys.
Made a few avatars - which one is best?

2l40Bz1.png
vs
1BSo4Up.png
vs
LkgL05t.png
vs
IzRzTQf.png
vs
YLndeXa.png
vs
WftNFN4.png

Don't say they are crap you will break my achy breaky heart

Blablurn

My internet cut out just before the second goal, so no footy-gaf for me anymore.

Anyway, back now, reading up on what you good people wrote.

Kirchhoff's substitution certainly changed Bayern's game. I was actually relieved when he finally had to go further back and take Boateng's place. Speaking of which, he was great again and sacrificed himself for the greater good of the team.

I love the free-flowing Pep-Bayern.

Maybe Müller has found his rightful place in the new team.

we are slowly getting there arent we? who knew some change would have that kind of an impact. still, its a long season. we have to stay calm.

GorillaJu

It was an ending Bryan Cranston deserved. Something where he had virtually 100% of the screen time to show his character's depth and development and did it really wonderfully. It was a very good ending, not mind blowing but very good.

bud

i don't think a series finale needs be unpredictable in order to be great. i found it to be a very satisfying conclusion. overall, season four was the only disappointing season, but then again, sopranos also had a disappointing fourth season, so at least this series is in good company.

i didn't hate season two at all. i understand many people didn't like the whole
plane crash thing
, but that didn't bother me.

i don't think a series finale needs be unpredictable in order to be great. i found it to be a very satisfying conclusion. overall, season four was the only disappointing season, but then again, sopranos also had a disappointing fourth season, so at least this series is in good company.

i didn't hate season two at all. i understand many people didn't like the whole
plane crash thing
, but that didn't bother me.

I didn't mind that part.
The part I hated was the the two Mexicans and all their super cheesy scenes

kharma45

Breaking Bad ending was just alright in my opinion, but then that's how I felt about most of the fifth series. 3 and 4 were the best.

bud

I didn't mind that part.
The part I hated was the the two Mexicans and all their super cheesy scenes

yeah, i'll give you that. the intense stares without ever saying anything did get old after a while.

"one minute" has an incredible ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom