• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

Such a cuntish thing to say even if it's City.

How? He expected Man City to be stronger, to me that suggests the opposite of being cuntish. If he expected City to be this easy, wouldn't THAT be the terrible thing to say? I don't get it.

Peco

Ahh I hope Gravity is going to be released near me. I have yet to see Prisoners yet either.

I should talk about football in here

I had the chance of shaking hands with Cuaron and see the movie premiere here in my country but instead I stayed home drinking. What I'm trying to say is: drugs are bad.

FootballFan

4 > 3 > 1 > 5.1 > 5.2 > 2
(I change my order everyday lol)

A long line of people nearby, I think that Lorde girl is meeting fans or something.

Clegg

Decent strike by Ribery but Hart still shouldn't be getting beaten at his near post from shots outside the box.

vHabE9Q.gif

Suen

CSKA played the game in our stadium. We should get all the points they earn. Not like they'll need them since they'll get destroyed by City in the next two games.
Joe Hart is shit, Honda will score a hat trick and Legendfeev will stop any pathetic shots from City. The Engineer is in trouble.

operon

That's good, that means nobody can criticize Manchester United for their current league position because they've had the hardest start of all the top teams.
What we all want to know is your view on the injury crisis it's not a crap utd performance without this

Joe Hart is shit, Honda will score a hat trick and Legendfeev will stop any pathetic shots from City. The Engineer is in trouble.

Well I guess by the time CSKA play City they'll likely have Dzagoev, Doumbia and Fernandes back from injury so they'll be a bit less shit and might have a chance to surprise City, especially in Moscow, but it's unlikely. Their only chance is the Russian cold against City's soft Spaniards and South Americans.

Can't wait for Gravity, trailer looks amazing on the big screen. Saw it when I went to see Rush yesterday.

Loved Children of Men and HP3 too.

Also:

FUCK YOU SUEN

Has Hart been dropped in any competitive games for the national team in the last two years?

Nope. His place with City and England is ridiculously safe for a keeper who's been out of form for over a year. Probably contributing to his shite form, if anything. Pantillimon should have started the FA Cup final

operon

It's funny how at the start of the season if either Liverpool or spurs wanted to crack the top 4 they were targeting arsenals spot. Now it's look at Manchester and take your pick

Suen

Well I guess by the time CSKA play City they'll likely have Dzagoev, Doumbia and Fernandes back from injury so they'll be a bit less shit and might have a chance to surprise City, especially in Moscow, but it's unlikely. Their only chance is the Russian cold against City's soft Spaniards and South Americans.
I thought Dzagoev was playing today. I don't recognize the other two. There is only one South American player who can withstand the Russian cold and it is Hulk. But of course you had to pay millions for him to withstand it :lol.

K1LLER7

Watching Bayern with Ribery and Robben, and then watching Valencia and welbeck/Young/Nani run around on the wing for United :'(

Also thought Fellani was terrible today. No idea how Moyes wants to use him. Alongside Carrick, he needs to get around more. Further forward, he just slows down attacks.

On sunday, expect Rooney to return and for us to go 451/442. I'd give Januzaj a start on the weekend and Shinji should return. Moyes will probably start Young and Nani.

GorillaJu

Decent strike by Ribery but Hart still shouldn't be getting beaten at his near post from shots outside the box.

vHabE9Q.gif

Reminds me of when Reina let Aguero's strike in. Was a similar height and trajectory, but even worse because he had two hands on it and still let it through lol

How was Rush? I feel like I've read/seen that movie a long time ago
Not bad at all, better than I expected, considering I usually hate Ron Howard's films :lol (Frost/Nixon was great though)

But the races were filmed really well, (although there were far too many close-ups) and the rivalry was interesting to me as a casual F1-watcher.

@Sleepless, Assassination of Jesse James, best film of '07 (what a great year!)

Clegg

Most United bros have probably logged off but I'll just leave this question here as it's something I've been pondering for a bit.

After City won the league there was a really bad mood around Old Trafford. I know that there were some United fans questioning whether this was the last they'd see of United as a force in the Premier League. But then we signed RVP and it gave a massive boost to the fans and the players. We won the league after that and things settled down a bit.

Now we're in a post-Fergie landscape. Some of our legends are geting old and their performances are declining. The team is struggling a bit and questions are being asked about the suitability of David Moyes. Is signing a world class player the answer or does it make more sense to strengthen the team in a number of positions with good but not quite world class players?

Personally I think the team needs a morale boost similar to the one RVP gave us and the one Ozil is giving to Arsenal. It goes against what United have stood for in the past but imo we should look to spend big money on a player of undoubted quality.

Wilbur

Banned
Think we should go all out for someone, Ozil style like you say. Can't think of many midfielders that aren't playing at their clubs though. Thiago please understand

kharma45

Most United bros have probably logged off but I'll just leave this question here as it's something I've been pondering for a bit.

After City won the league there was a really bad mood around Old Trafford. I know that there were some United fans questioning whether this was the last they'd see of United as a force in the Premier League. But then we signed RVP and it gave a massive boost to the fans and the players. We won the league after that and things settled down a bit.

Now we're in a post-Fergie landscape. Some of our legends are geting old and their performances are declining. The team is struggling a bit and questions are being asked about the suitability of David Moyes. Is signing a world class player the answer or does it make more sense to strengthen the team in a number of positions with good but not quite world class players?

Personally I think the team needs a morale boost similar to the one RVP gave us and the one Ozil is giving to Arsenal. It goes against what United have stood for in the past but imo we should look to spend big money on a player of undoubted quality.

Agreed, we need a marquee signing.

Wilbur

Banned
Thiago was not that superstar player,

shut up
Cesc was and you refused ;_;

Nah but serious, there's no one out there available like Ozil was that is a legit star. I don't think we should have gone for Ozil because as great as he is he's another Rooney/Kagawa/Fellaini (tee hee) positionally.

Marchisio? Is that still on. Say yes Shake Appeal. Zabo is too busy listening to Anal Cunt, Yurt is too busy trying to avoid the Internet lest Citizen Kane gets ruined

arkon

Driving back from work and listening to the radio, I thought United had been thumped judging by the way some of those numpties were going on. I come home to find out they've only drawn 1-1. That's a good result. 4 points from 6 and with arguably the toughest away game out of the way.

lol at Hart. Dearie me.

Also.. black dragon charizard! omfg!

It's funny how at the start of the season if either Liverpool or spurs wanted to crack the top 4 they were targeting arsenals spot. Now it's look at Manchester and take your pick

If Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea continue to stay in good form alongside City and United finding form, then we could be in for a really competitive PL season.

Heck, Everton and Villa etc. too

League is looking healthy!

Wilbur

Banned
On the subject of Pokemon,
all three final evos have leaked. And I absolutely loved the starters. Honestly, as a whole, Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie was the best starter trio ever. But as final evos, they're little better than Gen V. Greninja is okay, Delphox is too feminine/humanoid, and Chesnaught is legit one of the worst pokemon ever

Good thing this absolute stone cold pimp is here to be my new favourite. Diggersby my niggazby REPRESENT

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380754212668.jpg

we ride together we die together

Well that was a horribly depressing night of football. We were completely bossed. Back to back CSKA games now, gunna have to turn up the heat on them.

Clegg

Buried in those stories about the £50-75m January transfer budget for United was a little tidbit which I found interesting.

It basically states that the United hierarchy now believe they were wrong to wait for Moyes contract to expire before having him take over at United. They think it gave us less time to identify targets in the transfer window which is why everything went tits up in the last few days with Herrera and Coentrao. It should have been obvious to everyone at United that Moyes needed to be brought in sooner but c'est la vie.

I think this means United are going to organize themselves much better for the January transfer window and hopefully we'll have solidified our targets by then. Of course I'm assuming that these articles in the media aren't just United's PR department blowing smoke up our arses.

K1LLER7

We should sign Jonjo Shelvey. For Wilbs.

Seriously, we should try for Ross Barkley. He would probably go for around 25m and can play across the front line.

For a deeper CM, I would try for Koke from Atletico. Doubt he'd leave though.

If all fails, bid 35m for Khedira again.

Wilbur

Banned
Koke and/or Barkley would be lovely signings, especially the former. But I don't think they'd be huge statements of intent.

Scum

Get Fergie back for a few days and go for Wilshere. He's practically a younger Scholes. Tackles just like him too.

Clegg

We should sign Jonjo Shelvey. For Wilbs.

Seriously, we should try for Ross Barkley. He would probably go for around 25m and can play across the front line.

For a deeper CM, I would try for Koke from Atletico. Doubt he'd leave though.

If all fails, bid 35m for Khedira again.

Would Barkley sign for a manager who barely gave him game time at Everton. I'm not saying he dislikes Moyes or anything like that. In recent interviews he's been full of praise for Moyes. But still, there's the thought in the back of my mind that he'd be better off with Martinez for the next couple of seasons.

Koke and Barkley would be great players to sign but neither are they the statement signing I was thinking of.

got Pacifc Rim to work and watched it.

how the fuck do you take a movie about giant robots fighitng monsters and come out with such a boring, predicatble, by-the-numbers movie like this one?

only saving grace was Elba being fully aware this was a piece of shit and hamming it up to 11.

i want my 2 hours back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom