• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
KKQrvOL.png

Oh. You edited your post. Kuban is shit, I agree but why do other clubs consistently perform much lower than similarly money-showered Shakhtar ?

CSKA reached quarterfinal and the knockout round their last two times in the CL. Quite good, certainly no worse than Shakhtar. Zenit? Yes, we've been poor in Europe under Spaghetti. But we did make the knockout round in 2011-12 and finished ahead of Shakhtar in our group. If we don't make it out of the group this year then Spaghetti will be fired, simple as that.

Spartak? Won't even talk about that embarassment.

Rubin? Always solid.

Kuban? Lost several key players, and did well just to make the group stage.

Anzhi? Worst team in Russia, can't expect much from them in Europe.

We'll see how Loko and Dinamo do in Europe next season. I have high hopes for them.

But really, Shakhtar spends quite a bit more money than any Russian club bar Zenit.

Wilbur

Banned
After seeing some of the stuff posted in Wilbury's thread I think we're going to get shut down.

Oh I hope not :( this is why I want footygaf members to stop posting, its just Messi and Suen carry on name dropping Moyes and footygaf haha

that wasnt what was supposed to happen

it was supposed to be about the evilore lookalikes

LETS STOP POSTING THERE
LET IT DIE

Kenka

CSKA reached quarterfinal and the knockout round their last two times in the CL. Quite good, certainly no worse than Shakhtar. Zenit? Yes, we've been poor in Europe under Spaghetti. But we did make the knockout round in 2011-12 and finished ahead of Shakhtar in our group. If we don't make it out of the group this year then Spaghetti will be fired, simple as that.

Spartak? Won't even talk about that embarassment.

Rubin? Always solid.

Kuban? Lost several key players, and did well just to make the group stage.

Anzhi? Worst team in Russia, can't expect much from them in Europe.

We'll see how Loko and Dinamo do in Europe next season. I have high hopes for them.

But really, Shakhtar spends quite a bit more money than any Russian club bar Zenit.
For the latter, abandon all hopes. You know the players will turn into statues of salt once they are fielded in a European campaign game. Regarding the former, I must give you credit, you are right. Just plain right, I have nothing to add.

Wilbur

Banned
Big Sam continues proving he's the best twitter account in history

Marched all around London town today, playing Mike Oldfield's 'In Dulci Jubilo' on my recorder.

Felt incredible. Like some sort of rampaging Pied Piper. But not a child molester or anything. Just a guy with a terrific appetite for fun.

By the time I finished, I was being followed by men, women and beasts of all ages. There was even one lad in a wheelchair. Marvellous.

I think the wheelchair-clad chap syphoned off from a community group that was painting murals, but it didn't matter. He was bloody welcome.

"Follow me!" I roared. "Follow me and become enchanted by the sweet, joyous melodies I create with my wondrous, woodwind wand."

The little wheelchaired scamp rolled past at the end, waving his hands and screaming in sheer, unabashed delight.

He was so entranced, he rolled straight into a canal. We fished the little rascal out though. And then I played that bloody flute some more.

As I finished my tunesmithery, I stood upon an ancient rock & gazed at my followers. As they whooped & cheered, I knew who I was. Who I am.

I am Big Sam. And I was meant to pick up some fish fingers for tonight's tea. Ah balls. Why the fuck did I bring my recorder with me?

For the latter, abandon all hopes. You know the players will turn into statues of salt once they are fielded in a European campaign game. Regarding the former, I must give you credit, you are right. Just plain right, I have nothing to add.

Last time Loko were in Europe they easily made it through their Europa League group but then lost by away goals rule to a Bilbao team that crushed (a non Moyes-led) Man United. Not horrible. And this season's Loko is significantly better than that team.

As for Dinamo, they have Kokorin, that's enough.

Kenka

Monaco AND Paris will be playing the CL next year, and there is no chance in hell they don't gather at the very least 30 points together. It will make up for the crapiness of the likes of Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Marseille and help them stay ahead of Portugal and Russia, and maybe Italy also.

Damn, Sevilla and Genk scored. I shouldn't have stayed in front of the computer tonight.

Arnie

Today was so stressful at work at one point I contemplated headbutting someone and just walking out. Like, genuinely. Just leaving. It was Moyes levels of awful.

Felt like a test from God. If God was actually a thing.

Monaco AND Paris will be playing the CL next year, and there is no chance in hell they don't gather at the very least 30 points together. It will make up for the crapiness of the likes of Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Marseille and help them stay ahead of Portugal and Russia, and maybe Italy also.
The key to overtaking them won't be the CL, it will be making deep runs in the Europa League. Just look at how many points Portugal got in 2010-11 when they had 3 teams in the Europa League semis.

As for Monaco in the CL, they'll be seeded in pot 4 so they could end up in a very strong group, no guarantee that they do anything of note there. But yes, in general, fuck Rybolovlev! Traitor!

Kenka

Last time Loko were in Europe they easily made it through their Europa League group but then lost by away goals rule to a Bilbao team that crushed (a non Moyes-led) Man United. Not horrible. And this season's Loko is significantly better than that team.

As for Dinamo, they have Kokorin, that's enough.
During your ban, Kokrin did indeed catch everyone's attention in here. Great player, I hope he doesn't get affected by the Russian "I care once a bluemoon after I get recognition syndrom" which strikes forwards once they get under the spotlight.
The key to overtaking them won't be the CL, it will be making deep runs in the Europa League. Just look at how many points Portugal got in 2010-11 when they had 3 teams in the Europa League semis.

As for Monaco in the CL, they'll be seeded in pot 4 so they could end up in a very strong group, no guarantee that they do anything of note there. But yes, in general, fuck Rybolovlev! Traitor!
True. That's also how Germany overtook Italy, they had two great C3 teams at that time, Hamburg and Werder and they did the job. Now, those two teams are playing no better than Odense hence the heavy weight on the shoulders of Bayern and Dortmund in the CL. If you can build a league with solid mid-upper table teams, you could work your way to the summit.

FootballFan

What's up football-gaf! I have been lurking for the past few months since I have been in moderation purgatory for 3 months. Then I decided that lurking was fun but I am finally coming out of hiding. As for which team I support, I am a proud member of Chelsea nation! That's about it I guess...

Chronicle

During your ban, Kokrin did indeed catch everyone's attention in here. Great player, I hope he doesn't get affected by the Russian "I care once a bluemoon after I get recognition syndrom" which strikes forwards once they get under the spotlight.
He won't have a chance to relax since he has to fight for his place in squad with the mighty Kevin Kuranyi.
lol

Hixx

So Miley Cyrus has p much shown everything now with this new Terry whosits photoshoot

Not that she has much to show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom