• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

It really is Reina all over again. The number of times Kenny and Rodgers uttered a line to that effect was borderline nausea.
Did you see he is still talking about Barcelona as well even whilst at Napoli?

Sort of glad we got rid of him even though we have only had two months of the season, it seems like Mignolet is the better choice. He became a liability in the last three years, but he was brilliant at the start.

3LXB6mp.gif

Great to have him back, as much of a cunt as he is. We'll miss him like fuck when he's gone

Manager

I think his wall positioning for the Rooney free kick left a lot to be desired btw. Without all that much curl, he got it around the wall and into the corner

Now that I think about it, I meant the Aston Villa freekick. He almost saved Rooney's but didn't even make an attempt to save the Villa one, though it was very similar positioned to the United one.

ibhrXpBNhVbZCt.jpg

Tried to do my best, hope it shows him standing still against Villa and almost catching Rooney's (got his hands on it). Obviously I don't know much about goalkeeper tactics though, that meter difference might make a huge difference. Villa's is closer, but Rooney's shot was a bullet and very close to the corner.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Ravel Morrison is an Arsenal fan...

‘I can't wait for Sunday,’ he went on.

‘I'm more of an Arsenal fan to be honest, but Tottenham have done really well this season.

‘Hopefully we can carry on playing how we have been playing, but we can score a few goals this time and you never know how things could go.’

All the more reason to smash them to bits on Sunday.

subtles

Did you see he is still talking about Barcelona as well even whilst at Napoli?

Sort of glad we got rid of him even though we have only had two months of the season, it seems like Mignolet is the better choice. He became a liability in the last three years, but he was brilliant at the start.

His recent interview/comments skewed my opinion of him, as harsh as that sounds. I can understand his frustrations after Rafa/Xavi Valero left. There was the failed Arsenal move and Torres' transfer to Chelsea. None of that however justifies the form he's been in since and the basic goalkeeping errors we witnessed time and time again. A steady regression that rarely showed signs of improvement.

3Sixty

Now that I think about it, I meant the Aston Villa freekick. He almost saved Rooney's but didn't even make an attempt to save the Villa one, though it was very similar positioned to the United one.

Tried to do my best, hope it shows him standing still against Villa and almost catching Rooney's (got his hands on it). Obviously I don't know much about goalkeeper tactics though, that meter difference might make a huge difference. Villa's is closer, but Rooney's shot was a bullet and very close to the corner.

He didn't see the Villa one until it was over the wall.

subtles

My biggest frustration this season is the lack of the slick passing combinations we demonstrated at times in the opposition box last season. That and our sudden inability to hold on to the ball and play our way out of trouble. We were a work in progress last season but that progress has disappeared.

Barzul

I don't understand PL transfer policies. They wait until the last days of the transfer window, how in hell that makes sense?

In Bundesliga most teams have made all their transfer before the window is even open, that way the new players can participate in pre-season.
Some deals are cheaper or easier (see Özil) the later the transfer window goes on. I think that's the way PL clubs see it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Does your backlog permit time to replay a long game? If so, go for it.

Lets make a list of players who single-handedly make matches worth watching. Like, they could play for Maidenhead United and you'd watch it on TV just to see that one player

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Robben(imo), Reus, Suso, Mata, Totti, Di Santo, Balotelli, Di Natale, Cazorla, Ozil, Isco, Neymar (not at Barca, until he's comfortable doing the tricks,) Bale, Pirlo, Falcao

Pogba, seriously.

And I can't be the only one who enjoys watching gritty players like Vidal, Barzagli and Chiellini?
3AQmK.gif

A well-timed tackle is an art too. Or a mistimed one in Chiellini's case.

Some deals are cheaper or easier (see Özil) the later the transfer window goes on. I think that's the way PL clubs see it.

The PL is a seller's market imo. All of the clubs generally have their contracts sorted, so its difficult to just swoop in and back the club into a corner because their player's contract is winding down. Also there's a lack of release clauses to consider.

De Gea was a lot better last season after being dropped. Maybe it would help.

Sometimes I feel like it could be associated to the lack of competition in keepers on international level too. De Gea might have been worried that he might not have been picked for the Olympic team or the U21.

Is there anyone to replace Hart in England that's on the same level as him on a good day?

GorillaJu

My biggest frustration this season is the lack of the slick passing combinations we demonstrated at times in the opposition box last season. That and our sudden inability to hold on to the ball and play our way out of trouble. We were a work in progress last season but that progress has disappeared.

I don't think this is true. We didn't pass the ball well in/around the box until we Coutinho came into the team and we turned into flat track bullies. Last year pre-Coutinho we still suffered from rushed, impatient and imprecise final balls.

Cou has been getting marked out of games and couldn't seem to get involved over the first few games of the season. With Suarez, Sturridge, Moses and Coutinho all in the mix, there just aren't going to be enough defenders to cover all of them. At some point they expose themselves - Cou can pick the pass, Moses can burst through, Sturridge can provide the final ball or finish, Suarez can basically do all three.

subtles

I don't think this is true. We didn't pass the ball well in/around the box until we Coutinho came into the team and we turned into flat track bullies. Last year pre-Coutinho we still suffered from rushed, impatient and imprecise final balls.

Cou has been getting marked out of games and couldn't seem to get involved over the first few games of the season. With Suarez, Sturridge, Moses and Coutinho all in the mix, there just aren't going to be enough defenders to cover all of them. At some point they expose themselves - Cou can pick the pass, Moses can burst through, Sturridge can provide the final ball or finish, Suarez can basically do all three.

Most of those moments did come after January as we were a mess before that but we did have our moments pre-January as well. Man City and Gomel are the two that immediately come to mind.

One of the issues with Coutinho this season is that he plays more like a 'star' would, his positions now are less about putting team mates in and more about being at the center of play. I'd say it was just me but I've seen many people share this sentiment and would like to hear your thoughts on it as well.

GorillaJu

lol i got something similar one time when I posted a picture of a coat (while wearing it) on superfuture, a fashion forum.

I got a list of creepy private comments like
"srsly put some tits on you and i'd fuck you"
and "i know ur not gay, but if u r i wanna be the first on ur list"

GorillaJu

... p-post it?

I already searched but it was years ago and the rep comments were deleted. Or did you mean the picture?

It was one of these two, but I can't remember which:

j8zxMyhwk6m1G.png

Full disclosure: yes, I actually had my gf take pictures of what I was wearing for a forum of dudes.

omgkitty

I already searched but it was years ago and the rep comments were deleted. Or did you mean the picture?

It was one of these two, but I can't remember which:

j8zxMyhwk6m1G.png

Full disclosure: yes, I actually had my gf take pictures of what I was wearing for a forum of dudes.

I don't.....I don't get it? No offense, but I don't understand how......yeah, nope.

GorillaJu

odd, is that what you would wear about the place?

It sort of looks like what you'd see on a catwalk.

Hard to answer that question. I don't dress like that all the time but it doesn't seem particularly strange to me, maybe because I've been in Asia for years and people here commonly dress in what you might see on a catwalk and no one thinks twice just because there's a high standard all around. When I go back to the States, everyone thinks I'm a tourist because the only Americans who dress this way live in NYC or otherwise are just really rare.

I don't ever leave the house wearing ratty ill-fitting jeans or jogging shoes (unless to jog), if that's what you mean - I only buy clothes that I think look good, and a lot of what I think looks good appeared in a runway show at some point or another.

But I only used to take "WAYWT" (what are you wearing today) pics if everything came together really well on a certain day. That second pic is the most expensive ensemble of clothes I've ever worn, I think it was about $3300 for everything together there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom