• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Austria is where it's at now. How can you sign youth players from distant countries? Isn't that against UEFA rules? Bayern can because Munich is next to Austria.
Did you watch the U19 Man City vs Bayern match? I'm watching it now, just because of Markoutz and Scholl's son. I've never seen Julian Scholl play.

There may be some restrictions but they're minimal. Dortmund has a kid from the US for instance. Usually as long as a compensation fee is paid, then I don't see any reason why they'd have a problem. City signed this kid from Admira Wacker after he impressed for the U-17 Austria team against England. England has restrictions in terms of recruiting within a certain radius but they've now made some exceptions that have increased the allowable radius for certain clubs.

You can see each of the 6 goals City scored here: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2013/October/EDS-v-Bayern-highlights. Made this crappy gif of the final one.. burned.

iNWpz7Kr0M4We.gif

I'd only watch Di Natale out of fascination, so old yet he still outdo many of his teammates and sometimes opponents.

On that principle I'd put Giggs in that list too.

I'd only watch Di Natale out of fascination, so old yet he still outdo many of his teammates and sometimes opponents.

On that principle I'd put Giggs in that list too.

His movement is honestly ridiculous. You can tell within 5 minutes what a pain in the arse he must be to defend against

And Giggs is genuinely a bit rubbish these days, living on his reputation

LTWheels

I'm strangely more excited about the new Pokemon game than I was about gtav. Haven't played a pokemon game since the red/green remake. Really looking forward to seeing everything in 3d. Hopefully Staryu is in the game.

His movement is honestly ridiculous. You can tell within 5 minutes what a pain in the arse he must be to defend against

And Giggs is genuinely a bit rubbish these days, living on his reputation

He was amazing against Liverpool last year, as for Di Natale he was okay too. :p

I don't know, seeing Giggs cover the whole field wows me when you notice how Evra (before the last match tbf) is disinterested in going back to defend.

dc89

Holy cow, you'd be silly not too! Original is still the best looking game ever due to the flawless art design.. and then they went ahead and cranked it up to 11.

Does your backlog permit time to replay a long game? If so, go for it.

You should

it will be my first game when i get the system

and that price is dead cheap

I can only get it for £17 due to Nectar points btw.

But it's incredibly tempting.

Elchele

So Vieira is the U19 Man City coach :eek:

There may be some restrictions but they're minimal. Dortmund has a kid from the US for instance. Usually as long as a compensation fee is paid, then I don't see any reason why they'd have a problem. City signed this kid from Admira Wacker after he impressed for the U-17 Austria team against England. England has restrictions in terms of recruiting within a certain radius but they've now made some exceptions that have increased the allowable radius for certain clubs.

You can see each of the 6 goals City scored here: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2013/October/EDS-v-Bayern-highlights. Made this crappy gif of the final one.. burned.

[IMjG]http://i.minus.com/iNWpz7Kr0M4We.gif[/IMG]

They have to wait until he's 18 to use him in official matches. Because of the UEFA (FIFA?) restriction:

Organisational/managerial context
The protection of young football players is one of the priorities of UEFA. As a result, UEFA
considers that the FIFA rule which restricts the poaching of U18 players, that currently applies
throughout the world apart from within the European Union, should also apply within the EU.

In order to protect young football players, as well as the teams that invest in their education, the
FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players forbid international transfers of minor
players. However, these regulations allow three exceptions to this rule:

- When the player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons
not linked to football;

- When the player lives no further than 50 km from a national border and the club with which
the player wishes to be registered in the neighbouring association is also within 50 km of that
border (the maximum distance between the player’s domicile and the club’s headquarters
shall be 100 km);

- When the transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player is aged between 16 and 18. The last exception is a consequence of article 39 of the EC Treaty. This article prohibits restrictions on the movement of workers within the EU and most EU Member States’ legislations consider as a worker any person aged of at least 16 who undertakes an economic activity.

I guess Man City uses the last exception case. Bayern uses the second one to sign austrian talent.

Batigol

Banned
Johnson isn't going to renew his contract with Liverpool apparently. Runs out in 2015. Won't take a paycut on a new deal. He gets 100k+ :lol

Johnson isn't going to renew his contract with Liverpool apparently. Runs out in 2015. Won't take a paycut on a new deal. He gets 100k+ :lol

Shit

McLaughlin had better hurry up his development then

Think Johnson will go to Spain if Atletico or someone will have him, no English team will pay him even the new wages we'll have offered unless its QPR.

faridmon

Mirralles might be out because of injury as well as Pianaar. Barry is ineligible and Gibson who is a liability might start...

Good god! overtly worried about this one.

LTWheels

Johnson will be 31 by then. By this stage I expect to see Kelly to start to equal him. We would also have McLaughlin as well.

Suen

Footy-GAF, I allow you to give me a name to use for my new Origin account, preferrably Madrid/Arse/Parma related. Give me some good ideas.

faridmon

Apparantly Martinez is going for the win judging by the press conference he did today. Doesnt understand how he couldnt do anything less than go for the win.

But Pinaar, Miralles and Gibson out and we might get stuffed. On the other hand Delafou might start so that is a plus.

Meier

Nasri says Hart is one of the top 5 in the world, Zaba says he's the best he's ever seen. Glad our players are backing him.. his confidence must just be in the absolute toilet right now so they really need to get behind him.

@Xperia bros

I'm trying to use a saved image as a wallpaper, but its forcing me to crop it, rather than just autosizing the image to fit the screen. Any way around this?

GorillaJu

Johnson will be 31 by then. By this stage I expect to see Kelly to start to equal him. We would also have McLaughlin as well.

I don't see Kelly as being a Rodgers player at all, personally. If Rodgers is still our manager in 2015, I expect McLaughlin to be phased in and become our main right back, provided he doesn't make any huge errors or completely fall out of form the way Flanagan did. He's got the tools, as they say.

subtles

Nasri says Hart is one of the top 5 in the world, Zaba says he's the best he's ever seen. Glad our players are backing him.. his confidence must just be in the absolute toilet right now so they really need to get behind him.

I do hope someone has a word with him in private. We all know what Hart is capable of but look at what happened with Reina the past few seasons.

Mignolet's hunger is a breath of fresh air.

Manager

I do hope someone has a word with him in private. We all know what Hart is capable of but look at what happened with Reina the past few seasons.

There has been something about him for a while, not just his mistakes leading to a goal. His "grip" has seemed off for the last two years, it's very common to see him "dropping" soft shots on the ground and then catching them after a bounce. He rarely did this a few years ago but now he does it in almost every match. Then you have complaints about his positioning (example Robben goal) and reflexes (example not even trying for Rooney freekick), and suddenly people are complaining about every aspect that makes a good goalkeeper.

Obviously it's possible to nitpick on every goalkeeper but it's very weird when Hart used to get loads of applause for his reflexes and positioning. He has always gotten "complaints" about his handling with crosses though, for example.

edit
Also, City fans are also giving him bit of a stick since he's apparently in a lot of TV commercials lately.

dc89

Pellegrini said something to the effect of "Joe knows he must improve how he is playing but he also knows he has our trust"

So yeh. He knows.

There has been something about him for a while, not just his mistakes leading to a goal. His "grip" has seemed off for the last two years, it's very common to see him "dropping" soft shots on the ground and then catching them after a bounce. He rarely did this a few years ago but now he does it in almost every match. Then you have complaints about his positioning (example Robben goal) and reflexes (example not even trying for Rooney freekick), and suddenly people are complaining about every aspect that makes a good goalkeeper.

Obviously it's possible to nitpick on every goalkeeper but it's very weird when Hart used to get loads of applause for his reflexes and positioning. He has always gotten "complaints" about his handling with crosses though, for example.

edit
Also, City fans are also giving him bit of a stick since he's apparently in a lot of TV commercials lately.

I think his wall positioning for the Rooney free kick left a lot to be desired btw. Without all that much curl, he got it around the wall and into the corner

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma boss Rudi Garcia has admitted that Manchester United almost signed Daniele De Rossi this summer.

The Premier League champions were linked with a number of high-profile midfielders during the transfer window, and the French Coach has claimed that David Moyes’ men came in for the Italy international – but left it too late to sign the vice-captain.

"In the summer we talked about his future. He is from Rome, but there were some big clubs looking at him,” Garcia told L’Equipe.

"I told him that I could not lose him last minute, so we set a date after which no one would leave. That is exactly what happened.

"A few days after the first Serie A match of the season, Manchester United called the club and called him, but the date had passed and he didn't move."
C7DRnkj.jpg

preferrably Madrid/Arse/Parma related. Give me some good ideas.

zero tituli

Elchele

I don't understand PL transfer policies. They wait until the last days of the transfer window, how in hell that makes sense?

In Bundesliga most teams have made all their transfer before the window is even open, that way the new players can participate in pre-season.

I don't understand PL transfer policies. They wait until the last days of the transfer window, how in hell that makes sense?

In Bundesliga most teams have made all their transfer before the window is even open, that way the new players can participate in pre-season.

Excitement > sense in this league :p

Salvadora

Easy, they wait because (selling) clubs and players can make more money because of the desperation factor.

Economics innit.

GorillaJu

I think it's because players who want to move agitate their clubs harder and harder as the end of the window approaches.

subtles

Pellegrini said something to the effect of "Joe knows he must improve how he is playing but he also knows he has our trust"

So yeh. He knows.

It really is Reina all over again. The number of times Kenny and Rodgers uttered a line to that effect was borderline nausea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom