• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Arsenal have a much better squad than Liverpool. They're already top of the pile with about 7 injuries to attacking players.
They have one solid striker, two good centre halves and a mediocre keeper.

And we're top of the pile you albatross.

Moyes = Allegri

I still really do not understand the Allegri hate by Gaf. Won the league in his first year breaking up the Inter dominance of 5 years. finished 2nd his 2nd year to a team that went undefeated and could have won it. 3rd year fester breaks up his team and sales the player he had built his team around, Silva, and best striker and he still manages to get them into the CL. the type of job that everyone tells me makes Wenger so brilliant take scrubs and getting them to the CL every year.

All that despite having an owner who has wanted to fire him since his second day on the job and is constantly undermining him in public.

I think he has done a great job at Milan, especially as he has had to use Mexes and Zapata as his CBs the last two seasons.

I can't believe how many quality chances Bayern are creating without score a single one of them :(

949767-sami-hyypia.jpg

Barzul

If I was a United fan I'd be getting really scared now. We're reaching that point where it doesn't matter how good they start playing, if the teams around them don't start dropping points, could get ugly, like no CL ugly.
There's always Spurs but they finally have a competent manager in AVB.

Salvadora

If I was a United fan I'd be getting really scared now. We're reaching that point where it doesn't matter how good they start playing, if the teams around them don't start dropping points, could get ugly, like no CL ugly.

If this result stands we could go 11 points clear of Manchester United Football Club with a win tomorrow.

pappe

I AM scared.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wish we could play United now. They can't be this shit forever.

Arnie

We went from missing out on the league by a whisker, to 7th, mostly because we lost Alonso.

United can do similar given that they've replaced Ferguson with a slug.

I still really do not understand the Allegri hate by Gaf. Won the league in his first year breaking up the Inter dominance of 5 years. finished 2nd his 2nd year to a team that went undefeated and could have won it. 3rd year fester breaks up his team and sales the player he had built his team around, Silva, and best striker and he still manages to get them into the CL. the type of job that everyone tells me makes Wenger so brilliant take scrubs and getting them to the CL every year.

All that despite having an owner who has wanted to fire him since his second day on the job and is constantly undermining him in public.

I think he has done a great job at Milan, especially as he has had to use Mexes and Zapata as his CBs the last two seasons.

He has M+Z as his CBs because he begged Galliani to sign Matri instead of a CB.

Milan fans hate him because he is a coward. He set us up in a catenaccio formation against fucking Ajax and later said that this is how we play against "superior" teams. He constantly starts two or three defensive midfielders and his style of play is "punt it to Ibra/Balo." Not to mention the way he treats El Sha, it is unforgivable. We also keep making the same mistakes that are purely down to coaching errors. No subs until the 80th minute even though we are tired, starting Muntari every game, horrible set piece defending for the fourth year in a row, etc.

Yes he got good results when we were the best squad in the league but the guy belongs at a mid-table club. After years with this guy, you'd think we'd have some identity or some defined style of play. Instead, we play sloppy defensive-minded negative long-ball and hope for penalties or some Balo magic to win. Just pathetic.

Suen

La-Liga gaf, Elche won against Espanyol today. I thought Espanyol would win comfortably. Espanyol feels like such an inconsistent team. Sometimes they play so good you'd think they are among the top 5-6 and sometimes they play mediocre that you'd expect them to be where they usually are, in the middle of the rankings or something. Aside from that they will always be Barca's bitch together with Valencia.

bud

which means it'll be even harder to sign world class players. if they still had ferguson, they could still bounce back from this, but they don't; they have moyes now. who the hell would want to play for moyes?

haha, just saw the edit.

Spurs will fuck it up and Liverpool will throw away a 2 point lead over United on the last day of the season. Giving United 4th and maintain the top 4 hegemony

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
La-Liga gaf, Elche won against Espanyol today. I thought Espanyol would win comfortably. Espanyol feels like such an inconsistent team. Sometimes they play so good you'd think they are among the top 5-6 and sometimes they play mediocre that you'd expect them to be where they usually are, in the middle of the rankings or something. Aside from that they will always be Barca's bitch together with Valencia.

Real Madrid had to pay the referee to beat Elche. I'm not surprised they beat someone decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom