• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
W1nAuYh.jpg

subtles

The one problem I have with Memento is the glaring plot hole in the premise. If he can't create new memories, then how can he remember his condition and give the same little speech every time he resets?

But it's a pretty minor issue. Best Nolan movie, without question.

I think your avatar is from one of Fincher's lectures? I recall watching some of them earlier this year.

kharma45

£15m and Valencia for Baines?

That's a shit deal for us.

I don't know which way to feel about it, probably leaning towards it being alright. Valencia hasn't been good for a long time nor can I see him ever getting back to being great for us. Lacks the footballing intelligence and frankly the skills to do much else bar stand around all match with his hands on his hips looking like a rabbit in headlights or drilling in shite crosses.

Yen

Watching S5 of Parks and Rec. I think the Woodwork Awards and Bachelor Party episodes have to be the best comedy double bill I've watched. Brilliant season thus far.

Baines is a consistent player, so he's very worth the exchange. The +15M part is crazy.

pd Why does your avatar has pubic hair in his face?

DeGod can put whatever he wants on his face.

I don't know which way to feel about it, probably leaning towards it being alright. Valencia hasn't been good for a long time nor can I see him ever getting back to being great for us. Lacks the footballing intelligence and frankly the skills to do much else bar stand around all match with his hands on his hips looking like a rabbit in headlights or drilling in shite crosses.

It's a poor deal for us, but I'd take it. I've had enough of Evra.
We're better off just paying £20m for Baines and getting more than £5m for Valencia which I'm sure we could.

I thought Evra did okay today and has been okay so far this season.

kharma45

DeGod can put whatever he wants on his face.

We're better off just paying £20m for Baines and getting more than £5m for Valencia which I'm sure we could.

I thought Evra did okay today and has been okay so far this season.

Fronting up the £20m would be better yeah.

Are there any stat websites where I can find out Suarez's goalscoring record since a specific date (Sturridge's signing) rather than having to count the goals and games myself?

Sturridge is on like 19 goals in 25 games

FootballFan

i guess those if you count them. I was thinking more rugby. lol

As Hitcher says, Bowling/Darts, you are literally doing the same thing everytime. Sure it is tough and requires mental strength/concentration but nothing unexpected happens, it's the same challenge every time. Go for the strike/180.

Is MILF Hunting a sport? Bud pls.

NASCAR looks pretty easy, just keep going left until you are first.

The people that goes to nascar looks like the easiest people to please ever. As long as they have their gun license, trailer and nascar it's all good. It's like the crowd that goes to Stoke matches all showed up for nascar instead as a result of lack of football.

i guess those if you count them. I was thinking more rugby. lol

As Hitcher says, Bowling/Darts, you are literally doing the same thing everytime. Sure it is tough and requires mental strength/concentration but nothing unexpected happens, it's the same challenge every time. Go for the strike/180.

Is MILF Hunting a sport? Bud pls.

I once played Bowling with a guy who managed to hit the roof of the building with the bowling ball. That was unexpected as fuck and a nice surprise.

NASCAR looks pretty easy, just keep going left until you are first.

NASCAR has races on road courses as well, not just ovals all the time( aka right turns are required). This is why your trolling isn't on my level FootballFan. Trolls that are factually accurate always sting more.

GorillaJu

I fell asleep just after the first Januzaj goal last night.

Congrats United bros, but I would be able to feel happier for you if it Sunderland had taken their earlier chances.

That Gardner miss :(

Elchele

We do? That's news to me. Anyone specific that you're referring to?

Every time a south american (or from other region) player moves to Russia, they're stuck there forever. They sign long term contracts and russian teams like CSKA, for example, don't seem to care about selling players at all... so players have to wait until their contracts run out to change clubs.

Neymar is definitely living up to expectations.

haaa

Fry, pls. Bring the Bayern gifs.

Every time a south american (or from other region) player moves to Russia, they're stuck there forever. They sign long term contracts and russian teams like CSKA, for example, don't seem to care about selling players at all... so players have to wait until their contracts run out to change clubs.
What do you consider long term deals? Because 4-5 year deals are done everywhere.

South Americans stay in Russia a long time because they're mercenaries who only care about money. They get paid well in Russia (even better when you consider the tax rate), only have to play 30 games a year so they sign new deals to stay longer.

As for CSKA, I hope you're not talking about Honda. He's only been there 3 years. And CSKA have had no problems selling players. Zhirkov, Jo, Krasic, Vagner Love, etc. I'd love some specific examples.

Fry

Fry, pls. Bring the Bayern gifs.
not at my pc at the moment.

ill post bayern and pools gifs in an hour.

arkon

Been at work all day so I missed all the fun. Fuck :(

Thought we'd lose at home to Watford but after the performance against Blackpool the other week I had a little bit of hope that we'd get something. Shame. Too many draws have fucked us up. Still at least we're mid-table. That's all I ask at the moment. Build little by little and try to become a stable championship club (if there is such a thing).

That Januzaj second! Amazing tekkers. Woy! Woy! Sign him up!

I fell asleep just after the first Januzaj goal last night.

Congrats United bros, but I would be able to feel happier for you if it Sunderland had taken their earlier chances.

That Gardner miss :(

I would feel a lot better if we had a new contract done. The vultures are circling around poor Adnan. It should be easy for Woodward. Start it at 40k a week and go up to 50k a week. Promise him raises as he improves by the year. Give him the number 7 shirt. Offer him Moyes' daughter.

Januzaj needs to start showing his passing skills. It's a bit different in the first team as teams are more compact against United though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom