• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda regret signing up to EE's data plan. They don't offer an unlimited plan so I picked 3GB a month. I was half-way through it within a week! Hopefully they'll upgrade me when Three introduce their unlimited 4G data plan next month but I signed up to EE because of the horror stories I've heard about Three

A pre-emptive 'fuck you' to the Spuds and their support today, as I can't see us winning a damn thing in that state we're in. Although, the few wins we have against them have come at unexpected moments, so fingers crossed.

I'm going for an optimistic 0-0 bore draw. As BFS would say, respect the point.

dc89

FREE SHINJI KUN

Footballers these days...

Decades ago, one of City's players broke his neck during a game at Wembley, and still managed to score a header in the dying minutes.

Bert Trautmann broke his neck whilst in goal and played on. Hard as nails.

At the City supporters club the other night they had a guy there who's wrote a book on Frank Swift, another City goalkeeper. He said one time he was knocked out cold, no keeper on the bench because they were both injured. He had to get up and play on, but he was out sparko. A whiff of the smelling salts and he was back up and played on.

He said Swift was one of the best English keepers of all time. I think he said Tom Finney said he was the best goalkeeper he ever played with.

Then we had Joe Corrigan, another legendary goalkeeper.

Then we had Joe Hart. And then the legacy of amazing, English, City goalkeepers ended.

Watched 'Moneyball' last night. Decent film.

The guy REALLY reminded me of Wenger though :lol, talking about how they'd never compete with the big teams in buying players, and that they've had to sell their best players to rival teams. Also the guy really believes in his philosophy and tries to get other people to believe in it too.

So, in a way, it was like watching a biopic of Wenger :lol

Oh shit, Beane's wiki says that Wenger is a personal idol of his.

Lovely stat on the cover of one of the Portuguese newspapers, Fredy Montero in 7 matches scored as many league goals as the whole Benfica team in 6 matches - 9 goals.
Those Colombian strikers really love it here in Portugal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Watched 'Moneyball' last night. Decent film.

The guy REALLY reminded me of Wenger though :lol, talking about how they'd never compete with the big teams in buying players, and that they've had to sell their best players to rival teams. Also the guy really believes in his philosophy and tries to get other people to believe in it too.

So, in a way, it was like watching a biopic of Wenger.
Except, you know, *spoiler*
it paid off
:p

Yen

Footballers these days...

Decades ago, one of City's players broke his neck during a game at Wembley, and still managed to score a header in the dying minutes.

Vidal (an ignorant South American playing in an inferior league) orchestrated a comeback in London with one functional foot.

Ashley Young endured the crushing weight of gravity for 90 minutes (and Fergie time) last week.

Simone Pepe scored a crucial goal on Napoli despite having no brain cells.

Football is dead, and footballers killed it.

Gerry Byrne broke his collarbone after 3 minutes in an FA Cup Final and played on for the whole game plus injury time.

Suen

But then the breaks will be even worse because it will just be for friendlies. Well there's also still the WCQ playoffs in November. You should know that since Sweden will likely be playing in them.

Well if England doesn't beat both Montenegro and Poland there's a good chance they might be going to the playoff where they can draw the likes of France.

There's a chance. But they'll probably make it at this point IMO.
Sviato pls. We'll beat Austria and pull off that magic we did when we scored four goals against Germany.

Ibra, Elm, Wernbloom, Elmander, Källström, Toivonen, Olsson. Omg dat talent, we'll crush those German fools!

Roma goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis reveals Rudi Garcia asked him for “information on Walter Mazzarri” to beat Inter.

De Sanctis was Mazzarri’s shot-stopper at Napoli for many years, so knows his tactics inside out and proved useful in the 3-0 victory at San Siro last night.

“Garcia did ask me for some information on Mazzarri so we could take advantage of his weaknesses. We managed it with an almost perfect performance,” he said.

haha.

Mazz was so angry yesterday, must have known he got completely out-coached

Suen

I forgot that Amauri's red was for two games. Seems we're starting with Palladino again with Cassano. He had a decent game last time so I hope he can do just as good and even better this time. Biabiany, Gobbi, Parolo, Gargano and Lucarelli out there too. Disappointed to not see Benalouane or Sansone playing, Paletta is still out :(

If Donadoni start using Amauri again while keeping Bena and Sansone on the bench I'll start crying.

Come on Parma, get this day off to a good start with a win.
We should be able to take three points here. Btw I forgot that this is a Derby, right? Easily the best and most exciting derby in Serie A. Roma/Lazio? Torino/Juve? Inter/Milan? Pfffffffffff

I forgot that Amauri's red was for two games. Seems we're starting with Palladino again with Cassano. He had a decent game last time so I hope he can do just as good and even better this time. Biabiany, Gobbi, Parolo, Gargano and Lucarelli out there too. Disappointed to not see Benalouane or Sansone playing, Paletta is still out :(

If Donadoni start using Amauri again while keeping Bena and Sansone on the bench I'll start crying.

We should be able to take three points here. Btw I forgot that this is a Derby, right? Easily the best and most exciting derby in Serie A. Roma/Lazio? Torino/Juve? Inter/Milan? Pfffffffffff

Yep, it is even more of a derby than Bologna,

Biabiany limping does not look good. Hopefully he will be back and fresh after the international break.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

of course

OF COURSE

A TV pundit reveals he helped Roberto Mancini’s Galatasaray get a point against Juventus. “Mancio is maniacal about these things.”

The Coach only took charge of the Turkish side on Monday and played the Champions League game on Wednesday in Turin, earning a 2-2 draw.

“We met in front of their hotel,” explained RAI television tactical expert Adriano Bacconi, who founded the Digital Soccer Project and worked with Marcello Lippi at the 2006 World Cup.

“After we got together and said hello, his assistant Fausto Salsano called and asked me to come back to the hotel with some material on Juve.

“Let us make this very clear: I gave a few suggestions which I had taken from the analysis of Juve’s games. Galatasaray had fired Fatih Terim and with him their expert in match analysis. It was an added problem for Mancini, who had barely even been there for 48 hours.

“Mancio is maniacal about these things. When we met, more or less 90 minutes before the technical meeting with the team, he already had very clear ideas,” Bacconi told Tuttosport.

“He would use a compact side with a 4-4-1-1 and Wesley Sneijder behind Didier Drogba. We discussed how to neutralise the Bianconeri’s strongest elements, particularly Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tevez.

“I advised him to put Sneijder there as the first line, while with Tevez it was better to put a midfielder on his movements and leave the back four in a line. That way they would block central runs and force Juve to go down the flanks.”

Front two linking up nicely.

Missed it in real time because I was looking at this

Super Star Destroyer fuck yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom