• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Hmm... City, United and Liverpool all win. Chelsea and Spurs have games where they should win.

A draw against West Brom tomorrow is probably not good enough now. Bugger, that will be a hard game to win.

Scum

Hmm... City, United and Liverpool all win. Chelsea and Spurs have games where they should win.

A draw against West Brom tomorrow is probably not good enough now. Bugger, that will be a hard game to win.
We'll probably lose our game to the Hammers. :-/

JonnyBrad

Am late to the thread but fuck off Woy you useless bellend.

The entire "analysis" of the Liverpool game was just a "how to we fit Sturridge and Rooney into the England team properly"

Fuck off with the national football until next week.

Don't be sad just because Russia is going to take care of business and send your precious Portucunts to the playoff. Must be humbling knowing that your hopes lie in the mighty Luxembourg and Azerbaijan.

you VASTLY overestimate how much of a fuck i give about the national team.

winning that avatar bet was the most invested in them i was in decades.

Hieberrr

I just looked at the Canada national team squad list... no wonder we suck. Half of our players are from the same damn province. Most of the talent has yet to be discovered.. ugh.

I just looked at the Canada national team squad list... no wonder we suck. Half of our players are from the same damn province. Most of the talent has yet to be discovered.. ugh.

Do you think Canada will produce as good a talent as Jonathan de Guzman ever again?

Hieberrr

Do you think Canada will produce as good a talent as Jonathan de Guzman ever again?
We're bound to with all of the academies and grassroot programs that we're building up. But with most of the sports budget going towards hockey, I'm not sure when we'll be able to produce good talent consistently.

K1LLER7

Jeez Adnan can play international football for half of Europe.
He's on another level from other players. So good, he has countries trying to sign him.

Adnan styling in the best league in the world, whilst Suso prances around in Lol Liga, helping Almeria into the relegation zone.

Fergie

Banned
Fergie, I need a gif of his 2nd. Please.

As a reward, I'll let you announce the next #ITK announcement to footy-gaf =P
I'll give you both.

10103315893_40b7cd1a2e_o.gif

10103350165_0d82856fc1_o.gif

ikLKxgNunvkcH.gif

Elchele

On a brighter note, Höjbjerg is back in action and scored a goal in his comeback match with Bayern II :') dat danish talent.

Höjbjerg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Anderson
> Thiago.

subtles

How thick can people be, honestly? It's painfully obvious some of those who replied don't understand the sport but to constipate an answer like that is stupid.

Answers I've personally heard range from "It's boring" to "I don't understand it". The sport lacks historical relevance in the US but there is no denying the fact that the world cup is a big deal. I think it was roughly a third of of the population that had at least viewed some part of the 2010 World Cup.

We seem to love what I'd refer to as "set piece" sports in the US.

Someone just explained Football when talking about Football saying it isn't like Football when he perfectly described Football.

No I will not comment on the thread.

All that thread is doing is reminding me how disgusting the World Cup thread will be. The Euros was bad enough with people who barely watch football trying to educate footy-gaffers on the laws of the game. The World Cup will be 10x worse. But I do hope the little flags by your username are back though. Loved those.

Clegg

The DM are reporting on United's new share issue. Saying the club could try and get it done as soon as February. Want to raise as much as £250m

sneaky77

I find it better to just stay from those kinda threads and conversations in real life also. You don't like football that's fine.. go back to watching baseball or something no need to be an idiot about it

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
JanuzGOD+NeyGOD+GOAT

you know it'll happen in the future. All 3 playing at the Camp Nou, I might run out of jizz.

jtb

Banned
Memento is awesome

pretty depressing ending

The one problem I have with Memento is the glaring plot hole in the premise. If he can't create new memories, then how can he remember his condition and give the same little speech every time he resets?

But it's a pretty minor issue. Best Nolan movie, without question.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Baseball is only cool when you are watching it live in the stadium and with a bunch of friends. On tv it's fucking boring, like watching paint dry.

Baseball is like watching Barca play. Sure it takes plenty of skill, and you can appreciate how much the steroids/hgh make the players better but you're just bored out of your mind.

Clegg

Glazers are planning on pocketing all of it arent they?
They won't take all of it as there would be uproar if they did. Maybe another 6040 split like the last time? Have they paid of the PIK notes? That's their own personal debt iirc.

New share issue is probably needed anyway.Just bring that interest bill down a little more so we can increase our transfer budget. That's probably naive of me tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom