• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is against Parma, but great call by the extra official. Finally they do something worthwhile...

Oh wait it was just outside the box.

Fuck the officials

Suen

lol you Juve cunts, what have we done to you?
Thanks Zabo

Sassuolo has bribed the ref in this derby, second half Rimonta believe!!!!

#ParmaRimonta

rangersmad92

Neo Member
Rangers game is about to start on Sky Sports 4 if any of yous are interested.

Fancy the team to do the business today with a 3 or 4 goal win. Need a good performance to detract from the news that we suffered a £14 million in our first year in the lower leagues.

Zabojnik

lol you Juve cunts, what have we done to you?
Thanks Zabo

Sassuolo has bribed the ref in this derby, second half Rimonta believe!!!!

#ParmaRimonta

Eh, you'll get the points you need elsewhere. Have mercy on Sassuolo, ffs. :)

What time is the Juve-AC match starting?

20:45 CET, the superior time zone. Should be a terrible match, you're better off watching Stoke.

K1LLER7

Paul Pogba has blamed Sir Alex Ferguson’s decision to use Rafael and Park Ji Sung in central midfield in Manchester United’s 3-2 loss back in December 2011 as the reason why he had to leave.

At the time, United were in the midst of an injury crisis with Michael Carrick playing at centre back but Ferguson decided not to use Pogba, despite the 18-year-old asking to be given an opportunity.

“I said to Ferguson: ‘Play me, and I will show you if I’m ready or not’,

Pogba told Telefoot: "Against Blackburn, on December 31, 2011, I was on the bench. Ferguson puts Rafael in midfield with Ji Sung Park. Then I gave up. I was really bummed.

“I joined Juve to silence people who have criticised me, who did not believe in me and said that I would fail.”

20:45 CET, the superior time zone. Should be a terrible match, you're better off watching Stoke.

I am sadly going to have to miss this match. It is on a 3,45am my time and i have to be up at 5.30 for a run/Insanity workout.

Arsenal game will finish at 2am, so I will watch that and then go to bed. Maybe will wake up at 5 for the last 30 minutes.

In reality I will go to bed at 2am and toss and turn till 4am before deciding fuck it and turn on the game. Monday is an easy day at work anyways :D

Yen

813258167.gif

--
Uefa plot to turn the Euros into alternative World Cup

Revolutionary plans to expand the European Championship into a huge rival to the World Cup are being discussed by advisers close to Uefa’s president, Michel Platini.

In the biggest change to international football for three decades, the revamped tournament would see national teams from other continents invited to take part. Under the new blueprint, which is another sign of the growing rift between Platini and Fifa’s president, Sepp Blatter, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and even Japan would be invited to compete against Europe’s leading teams at Euro 2020.

The plans are still to be finalised, let alone approved, but one senior adviser to Platini said: “The ideas are at an early stage but they are very feasible. The South Americans have been doing it for decades, inviting teams from outside their continent to take part in the Copa America. So why cannot Europe?”

Since 1993 three teams from North and Central America – USA, Mexico and Costa Rica – have been regular participants in Copa America.

A decision has already been taken to expand the 2016 European Championship to 24 teams, just eight fewer than the World Cup. According to Platini’s adviser the tournament could be run on similar lines to Fifa’s showpiece event.

Although the two tournaments are held two years apart, Uefa insiders are clearly aware that Fifa would regard the new venture as a significant threat, since the World Cup is their major source of income.

The development comes amid widespread disillusion with the way Fifa, and the controversial Blatter, have handled the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar, the fallout from which dominated last week’s Fifa Executive Committee meeting in Zurich. Premier League clubs have led the opposition to moving the tournament to a winter schedule, and a Fifa task force has been set up to try to find a way forward.

That the European Championship plans are being openly talked about in Uefa circles also shows the split that has developed between Platini and Blatter, world football’s two most powerful men. That in turn reflects a wider battle which has seen Fifa seek to dilute Europe’s influence.

As the adviser said: “Many in Fifa are talking of cutting back Europe’s power, reducing the number of European teams in the World Cup [currently 13 out of 32 in 2014] and also our representation on the Fifa executive [eight out of 24].”

If the plans are implemented, they would mark the final evolution of a tournament which began in 1960 as a competition run along the lines of the old European Cup. Teams played each other home and away in the early rounds, with only four teams contesting the finals. The present format of qualifying group stages was only introduced in 1980, but last year Platini shocked everyone by announcing that the 2020 tournament will be held in 13 cities.

The proposed new tournament would be a huge money-spinner and could also be justified on football grounds. The European Championship has long been regarded as producing a better calibre of football than the present World Cup, because of the latter’s need to accommodate all continents. This contrast was particularly pronounced in the last tournament, in South Africa in 2010.

Rad-

Paul Pogba has blamed Sir Alex Ferguson’s decision to use Rafael and Park Ji Sung in central midfield in Manchester United’s 3-2 loss back in December 2011 as the reason why he had to leave.

At the time, United were in the midst of an injury crisis with Michael Carrick playing at centre back but Ferguson decided not to use Pogba, despite the 18-year-old asking to be given an opportunity.

“I said to Ferguson: ‘Play me, and I will show you if I’m ready or not’,

Pogba told Telefoot: "Against Blackburn, on December 31, 2011, I was on the bench. Ferguson puts Rafael in midfield with Ji Sung Park. Then I gave up. I was really bummed.

“I joined Juve to silence people who have criticised me, who did not believe in me and said that I would fail.”

He just mad because Adnan has stolen his spotlight.

Wes

venison crêpe
UEFA didn't have to do anything to get a lot of their reputation back the way FIFA are bungling this Qatar World Cup.

Then they go and try and do something stupid like that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ZazahAHAH what a world class control!

But really, be thankful he joined us and not Barca, Madrid or [insert utter cunts]. We don't hate you, and I'd like to think you don't hate us either.

Lunchbox

Banned

But really, be thankful he joined us and not Barca, Madrid or [insert utter cunts]. We don't hate you, and I'd like to think you don't hate us either.

fuck you thieves

hope milan runs through you like roy keane in 99

Henriquez scored twice this morning.

Doing well. We have too many strikers at the club. Stacked even in the youth teams.

Atletico have won 8 of 8. Wow. Apparently Simeone has a 65% win % there. Pretty amazing.

K1LLER7

Stay away from Adnan and we'll be cool ;)

If we don't give Adnan a new contract now and he leaves, it'll be worse than Pogba leaving.

Wooderz pls.

qindarka

Banned
Hazard has just come back from a knock. Not that he wouldn't deserve to get dropped even if fully fit, he needs a kick up the ass.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zuliani confirms our official XI: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Padoin, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Tevez, Quagliarella.

Meanwhile, Llorente is desperately looking for naked pictures of Conte.

L1NETT

Anyone want to come to the Bradford Wolves game lol.

Gonna be a massive fixture. Hope 20k turn up, Wolves should bring a big attendance.

Anyone want to come to the Bradford Wolves game lol.

Gonna be a massive fixture. Hope 20k turn up, Wolves should bring a big attendance.

Back when Wolves were in the Prem they played Palace in the FA Cup. My Wolvo mate lived in London so h wanted someone to go and I went.

Most boring match ever. My mate and I suggested Mick mcarthy bring on another forward and change the shape. He did and Wolves conceded three goals in 6 minutes to lose 3-1. Haha

The European Championship has long been regarded as producing a better calibre of football than the present World Cup, because of the latter’s need to accommodate all continents. This contrast was particularly pronounced in the last tournament, in South Africa in 2010.

So basically they want the world cup to not include Africa/parts of Asia? That hurts. Why don't they just make tournament of the top 32 ranked countries and be done with it (not that it would be a good idea)

I don't have any hope for tonight guys. Like, it's a written loss, maybe, just maybe, if we were at home a draw could've been far more probable, but in Turin? Nah.
Cunt. I was going to root for you guys today.

Forza Milan! The Glorious Red-and-Black Devils!!

greatest-office-gifs-fist-bump.gif

My man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom