• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Just seen pictures of Rodger's bit on the side from yesterday's papers. Don't blame him.

Read about it but haven't seen. He's clearly under no delusion about the quality of our passing and possession play and has high expectations for the team. He nearly said post-match that Suarez and Studge are practically carrying the team. The question is - what needs to change for it to be better? Personnel?

I thought Moses had a few moments yesterday but was shocking at times otherwise - he should definitely be on the wing or on the bench behind Cou for that position if we're sticking with 3-5-2. The ball just gets lost too many times when it gets out to the left flank, but he's only one culprit there. Enrique has got a great long pass in him and he's a bull in the chase but that's about it...

I tend to blame our CMs and think they should do a better job helping the wingbacks push the ball forward, but when they come to support Enrique, he takes so fucking long to pick a short pass out that by the time the ball gets to the recipient we're being overwhelmed by pressure and can't find any space. When you watch videos of players like Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta, Messi, Jordan Henderson, etc. their heads are like on swivels and they're ready to play a pass or move into space the moment they receive possession. Enrique doesn't even think about what he's gotta do with the ball until he's already spreading his arms out with some winger's testicles up his buttcrack.

dc89

813258167.gif

A lad I play five a side with can play crosses like that, I can't, I always trip myself up.

Slizz

Alex Morgan and Sydney LeRoux are vacationing in Hawaii.... together... it's making my Instagram straight boner material

5IocyMg.jpg

WgwFimM.png

UDPD3lW.gif

Also.... Godnan.

Hixx

De Gea's save from yesterday still annoys the fuck out of me

If there is a better save this season it is going to make my head explode

rangersmad92

Neo Member
De Gea's save from yesterday still annoys the fuck out of me

If there is a better save this season it is going to make my head explode

Kammy was saying this morning on Goals on Sunday that its a save he should be expecting to make.

WTF?! How you should be expected to save that is beyond me.

dalVlatko

I feel like this is the best Chelsea's attack has looked so far.

Midfield still looks shaky and I'm still worried that the Ramires/Lampard partnership is just not good enough at helping the back four. I was hoping that Van Ginkel and Ramires together would have been the long term solution :(

GorillaJu

Mig's save from that close range deflected shot yesterday was a top save as well, but I'm afraid that De Gea save makes it look like child's play.

L1NETT

The Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking is so good. Thanks Radio Mirror Park.

--

Nice goal from oscar that. Quickly becoming a top player.

--

Saints one up, Lallana.

GorillaJu

Barca really should go for De Gea. They need a GK and he's got everything they'd be looking for. Top mentality, quality in every dimension, young and Spanish-speaking.

I'd prefer he stays in the PL. He's great entertainment, as is Lloris - both are camera-save machines.

Leroy Fer is a very decent player. Been watching Norwich almost every week and he's always been good at picking out quality through balls and making strong defensive challenges too.

Hixx

Barca really should go for De Gea. They need a GK and he's got everything they'd be looking for. Top mentality, quality in every dimension, young and Spanish-speaking.

I'd prefer he stays in the PL. He's great entertainment, as is Lloris - both are camera-save machines.

Leroy Fer is a very decent player. Been watching Norwich almost every week and he's always been good at picking out quality through balls and making strong defensive challenges too.

Fer is quality he just has the problem that he is surrounded by mediocrity.

LOL how is that a goal kick?

Some of the Sporting goals from yesterday

1-0 by Montero. A gift from Setubal´s defense but it´s a calm, confident finish from the Colombian God.

ic6itcrb5OcSe.gif

2-0 by Carrillo. Lovely dummy from the Peruvian to let the ball go to Adrien who then gives it to Carrillo for a quality finish.

iw5fd4M64eSrj.gif

3-0 by Montero. Carrillo breaks from the left, gives the ball to Adrien who holds the ball well and with a great pass puts it on the left wing for Piris to do a low cross and Montero finishes it like the clinical striker he is.

i0PoQZi9NYuVO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom