• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to summarize Allegri's amazing performance today:

1. Starts with a two-striker system, which the 3-5-2 was specifically developed to counter against.

2. Benches Poli, one of our best players all season, for Nocerino, who is a useless piece of shit. And he doesn't bring on Poli until the 85th minute.

3. Substitutions about 15 minutes too late as usual.

4. Matri plays for 90 fucking minutes.

I feel like I've missed something.

Zabojnik

So to summarize Allegri's amazing performance today:

1. Starts with a two-striker system, which the 3-5-2 was specifically developed to counter against.

2. Benches Poli, one of our best players all season, for Nocerino, who is a useless piece of shit. And he doesn't bring on Poli until the 85th minute.

3. Substitutions about 15 minutes too late as usual.

4. Matri plays for 90 fucking minutes.

I feel like I've missed something.

allegripupo.png

Linius

ifaFwYR8tBfxb.gif
ietc4S9YGkqVl.gif

iCxW1qgzL2P0t.gif
i9hOmLVsczFeC.gif

That shot before the second goal came from the same guy that scored against Milan. Denswil is gonna be a good one. He'll end up playing for a big club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like Homeland but you can tell that Brody should be dead by now. The writers have already admitted as much but it's bordering on silly now just like Dexter.
Winning a Golden Globe isn't helping lol

But what's next after Brody? The show won't survive.

Fry

I like Homeland but you can tell that Brody should be dead by now. The writers have already admitted as much but it's bordering on silly now just like Dexter.

I hope he dies this season.

If they are planning a fourth season, I can't see a purpose for him unless they do some brilliant twist or something.

Timerda, I'm thinking tonight's episode will suck going by the description.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ugh, watching the West Ham goals back...Paulinho and Vertonghen go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done. I suppose if we're going to lose a stupid match it's better to do it early, West Ham deserved to win but this wasn't really a 3-0 game. It was a bit like Arsenal-Villa earlier in the season. We were quite mediocre but were brutally punished, their first two goals were from rebounds. On another day we clear the second ball and live to fight another day.

Scum

Ugh, watching the West Ham goals back...Paulinho and Vertonghen go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done. I suppose if we're going to lose a stupid match it's better to do it early, West Ham deserved to win but this wasn't really a 3-0 game. It was a bit like Arsenal-Villa earlier in the season. We were quite mediocre but were brutally punished, their first two goals were from rebounds. On another day we clear the second ball and live to fight another day.

Have a word wiil ya, Ush. String 'em up for the next game.
Anyway, it's done. Here's hoping they pick themselves up after Englandlol.

Timurid

I hope he dies this season.

If they are planning a fourth season, I can't see a purpose for him unless they do some brilliant twist or something.

Timerda, I'm thinking tonight's episode will suck going by the description.

Why do you hope Brody dies this season? Brody is trying to prove his innocence this season. I haven't read the description.

Timurid

So do you (or anyone else who watched the PSG game) mind telling me why the ref was insane?
He was giving yellow cards out like candy. Ibra was walking off field to the bench to be substituted then the ref decides to give ibra a yellow card for walking.lol Same shit happen to Cavani too. I'm not even going to mention that horrible red he handed out too.

Suen

Madrid-GAF, interesting article that I forgot to share with you late night yesterday, might have been mentioned already but anyway:

Madrid can always win a match in five minutes - Ancelotti

Carlo Ancelotti heaped praise on his Real Madrid side following their sensational 3-2 triumph over Levante on Saturday.

Los Blancos twice hauled themselves level through Sergio Ramos and Alvaro Morata before Cristiano Ronaldo fired home the winner in Valencia with just 30 seconds to go.

"Our first half wasn’t too good but the second half turned out differently," Ancelotti told reporters after the match. "When Real Madrid play well, we can win a match in five minutes.

"It was important for us to get a victory. We didn’t play fantastic football but we did deserve to win. And when you have players who battle and never give in, there’s always a chance to improve.

"The players made a huge sacrifice and never surrendered."

Morata and Jese Rodriguez played key roles in the come-from-behind win and Ancelotti says that the young duo will continue to see plenty of game time under him, even suggesting that the former could occasionally be selected ahead of Karim Benzema.

"They don’t need to convince me because I already have faith in them," the 54-year-old explained. "Morata scored and Jese looked dangerous when he got the ball.

"They both showed great enthusiasm when they came on. I have the same confidence in them as I had before tonight’s game.

"It [starting Morata] could happen, although he hasn’t got Benzema’s experience. He’s an important player for us and he’s doing really well."

The win ensures Madrid maintain pace with front-runners Barcelona at the top of the Primera Liga, after the Catalans' 4-1 victory over Vallodolid.
Basically we can all accept that we'll see Benz starting up there in the foreseeable future.

Jupp save us.

Suen

He was giving yellow cards out like candy. Ibra was walking off field to the bench to be substituted then the ref decides to give ibra a yellow card for walking.lol Same shit happen to Cavani too. I'm not even going to mention that horrible red he handed out too.
lol that's one of the most ridiculous things I've read about a ref. Bribed or he just hates PSG with a strong passion. Can you even do that, give a yellow for a player who's walking out to be substituted? Unless he was moving at a snails pace.

Timurid

lol that's one of the most ridiculous things I've read about a ref. Bribed or he just hates PSG with a strong passion. Can you even do that, give a yellow for a player who's walking out to be substituted? Unless he was moving at a snails pace.

It's fucking dumb and 3 yellows in ligue 1 is a 1 game suspension. You have these refs handing out cards like candy.

Suen

It's fucking dumb and 3 yellows in ligue 1 is a 1 game suspension. You have these refs handing out cards like candy.
Yeah it sounds pretty dumb. There's been some rather strange incidents across the leagues with refs and we're still early in the league. Makes you wonder what it will look like in a few months.

Lightning

Banned
Shouldn't time waste then. Cards justified!

3Sixty

Problem with not scoring many is that it's eventually going to start costing points with frustrating draws. You lot do look solid though and it's always a good base to build from.

Once Osvaldo fully settles i think a few more goals will come.

Both our teams need to start bangin' 'em in, though. :-/

Lot of new attacking players for you lot, the classic gelling problem i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom