• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegri said:
It was a good performance

Allegri said:

Allegri said:

Allegri said:

Allegri said:

Allegri said:

motherofgodvnsgr.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mexes was sent off for two yellow cards, but should’ve seen red earlier for punching Giorgio Chiellini on the back of the head during a corner.

“It wasn’t a punch, it was a tussle in the box and he hit him on the back. If you want to call it a punch, then call it that, but there are a thousand different fouls like that in the box. He didn’t even catch his face. It was absolutely not a punch.”

The French defender is expected to face a lengthy ban using video evidence, particularly as he is not new to this sort of behaviour.

BV7DvgSIMAEfT49.jpg

BV62YwaIEAACDDS.jpg

You know what? It's actually a good thing. Pretty much ALL the goals we conceeded came from retarded, like truly retarded defensive mistakes. I'm sure it'll get sorted out soon enough and then ... business like usual. I hope.

True!
3AQmK.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I agree on Carrie S1! A complex lovable character.

I can't wait to see your tears when Wenger comes to PSG and Arsenal are sitting in 12th with utd right by their side.

I can't wait to see you in May when they win the title and you finish third behind Monaco and OM.

And of course, Torino in Serie B.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Damn, Spurs defence just imploded in this match.

Vertonghen was dogshit, truly awful and cost us two. The slightest push from Reid takes him out of play on that first corner and the way he let Morrison waltz past him for the third was embarrassing, he's a player that can get far too nonchalant sometimes.

Really this match was lost in midfield, Eriksen was away with the fairies and Paulinho just didn't seem to realise how little he was actually doing. Dembele made 6 tackles, Paulinho just one. It is not normal for a 3 of Eriksen, Dembele and Paulinho to be outplayed by Nolan, Noble and Diame but that's what happened. Only Dembele put in the required effort. I'm not worried because I think this squad will bounce back quickly, we have too much quality, but we have to start scoring goals ASAP. At least this match guarantees Defoe won't start again for a long time.

Scum

Cardozo right foot, goal of the weekend.

20131006138109651188402.gif

Can we have him, Lambda?

Vertonghen was dogshit, truly awful and cost us two. The slightest push from Reid takes him out of play on that first corner and the way he let Morrison waltz past him for the third was embarrassing, he's a player that can get far too nonchalant sometimes.

Really this match was lost in midfield, Eriksen was away with the fairies and Paulinho just didn't seem to realise how little he was actually doing. Dembele made 6 tackles, Paulinho just one. It is not normal for a 3 of Eriksen, Dembele and Paulinho to be outplayed by Nolan, Noble and Diame but that's what happened. Only Dembele put in the required effort. I'm not worried because I think this squad will bounce back quickly, we have too much quality, but we have to start scoring goals ASAP. At least this match guarantees Defoe won't start again for a long time.

We should give money to Everton so that they can make Lukaku's loan deal a permanent one. Then we get him on loan to buy.

Fergie

Banned

I agree it's still early days. Defoe is a weird situation, sometimes he looks unstoppable and then this match.

WTF were the Swansea defence doing.

Shows how much UCL and Europa takes out of some teams.

Salvadora

I'm more irritated at how we played today rather than the result. Man that was disappointing.
Anelka was playing for us at times.

I feel like if we had got to half time with it being 0-0, we could have taken the points in the second half. We need Cazorla and Walcott back, neither Jack or Aaron work on the wings. Jenkinson had a poor game too.

Wingers is what we need. We have no width.

Dibbz

I feel like if we had got to half time with it being 0-0, we could have taken the points in the second half. We need Cazorla and Walcott back, neither Jack or Aaron work on the wings. Jenkinson had a poor game too.

Jenkinson was so bad. Felt sorry for him. He's clearly rusty. Before Bac got his spot back Jenkinson looked so comfortable but now it looks like back to square one. :|

Also just want to point out it's not the first and probably not the last time Ramsey and Wilshere play wide. It was a bad day all round but they can both do a decent job out there. Of course it would be better to have Walcott, Podolski, Ox, Cazorla out there but you play with what you have.

Lightning

Banned

Wingers were not the problem in that game. Wenger's tactics and lineup was the problem. We were way too defensive, Arteta and Flamini should not be playing together against teams like West Brom. Ramsey should have been in the centre and either Rosciky or Gnabry on the wing with either Flamini or Arteta on the bench.

Wenger also seemed to be playing for a draw. Giroud's sub was irritating, although he wasn't playing well.

The whole thing was just wrong and we looked tired as fuck which didnt help.

Salvadora

Jenkinson was so bad. Felt sorry for him. He's clearly rusty. Before Bac got his spot back Jenkinson looked so comfortable but now it looks like back to square one. :|

Also just want to point out it's not the first and probably not the last time Ramsey and Wilshere play wide. It was a bad day all round but they can both do a decent job out there. Of course it would be better to have Walcott, Podolski, Ox, Cazorla out there but you play with what you have.
I like Jenkinson because he is an Arsenal man through and through, but he tries far too hard relative to his abilities. I lost count of the number of times I saw attacks break down because he would run into a crowd of WBA players. Perhaps his eagerness to impress is his downfall.

I fully expect to see Ramsey & Wilshere on the wings in the future, but it's frustrating. For me and the players, as it quite clearly doesn't work and that is very well proven in Ramsey's case. Think Lightning is dead on, play Gnabry or Rosicky there. Like fair play to WBA, they played well but Wenger did come across as very negative today. I don't think we looked tired, but we looked braindead. Devoid of ideas.

Dibbz

I like Jenkinson because he is an Arsenal man through and through, but he tries far too hard relative to his abilities. I lost count of the number of times I saw attacks break down because he would run into a crowd of WBA players. Perhaps his eagerness to impress is his downfall.

I fully expect to see Ramsey & Wilshere on the wings in the future, but it's frustrating. For me and the players, as it quite clearly doesn't work and that is very well proven in Ramsey's case. Think Lightning is dead on, play Gnabry or Rosicky there. Like fair play to WBA, they played well but Wenger did come across as very negative today. I don't think we looked tired, but we looked braindead. Devoid of ideas.

Gnabry is 18 just starting to break into the team and Rosicky is 33 back from an injury as well as the team having played mid week in the CL. Both Wilshere and Ramsey are capable of running up and down the wing as well as linking up with the attack and defense. In theory it makes sense to play this way with what we have. It was just a bad day for a few players and you could see the CL tie took a lot out of them.

We should begin to get some more players back after the break which is great because we really need them badly so we can start to rotate. Playing almost twice a week for most of the team is bound to burn them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom