• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Ramsey/Arteta needs to be the first choice midfield pairing. That was Wenger's biggest failing I think; Arteta is not a player who will get forward much so it's good to have a player like Ramsey who can both make tackles and cover the back four, while also being capable of really driving forward and add an extra dimension to the midfield beyond just recycling possession.

Ramsey/Arteta needs to be the first choice midfield pairing. That was Wenger's biggest failing I think; Arteta is not a player who will get forward much so it's good to have a player like Ramsey who can both make tackles and cover the back four, while also being capable of really driving forward and add an extra dimension to the midfield beyond just recycling possession.

Until Flamini starts performing poorly I'd keep him and Ramsey as the back two in the three central positions.

Fry

3RVifkE.jpg

Mata is so gud.

Come to Liverpool babe.

You know what happens to Chelsea rejects here.

ib1QMCDOY8h85v.gif

Messi

Guys, can we pretend Pep never left Barca? BayernGAF you can have Jupp back and we will take Pep back. No one say anything bad about you guys for a few days. Tata is good and all but I miss that fashionista on my sideline.

Look at him drinking beer with all those Bayern players and thiago.

COME HOME :(

PLEASE, we have Neymar now. You can even try him out in CB if you like.

itku1.gif

Messi

Thanks everyone !

Sir yes sir ! Born, raise and currently living in Paris, and absolutely delighted by the win tonight, Blanc is really starting to improve with that win and the Benfica game.

And I must recognize that I was very doubtfull

Welcome to the thread. I hope you stay around and get to see that we all belong in an insane asylum. :p

Timurid

Yeah, massive player.

Does Lucas start for PSG or is he on the bench most of the time?

Ever since Cavani was brought Lucas is on the bench most of the time. Lucas at united would've been something, but too bad IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!

Moyes is interested in Benz. lol

Messi

iWtY1IoXZHUS5.gif

Come back to us Leo. Show us the magic that is an inform Neymar, Messi and Alexis. Together we can take over the footballing world again.

Edit: Fuck he has 4 doesnt he.

2013-01-16_BARCELONA-MALAGA_05.v1358372462.JPG

Also when looking for that picture. I found this little treasure. Still kills me.

1455181.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Winning the league talk at this point is foolish for any club. Results from other clubs at this point are irrelevant, good for banter but serves no purpose beyond that. A draw away to West Brom is a fairly good resultm it's the performance that was worrying but after the break 3 key players return so that will help definitely but also add bite to our bench.

All in all we are in the best position we could hope for given the injurues we've had and the amount of games we've played. Next 5 games in London, Norwich at home and Crystal Palace away our league games are excellent while we get players back.

Quite pleased with our situation.

Suen

Interesting statistic but I meant what Light. said, that we've been missing key players and the break couldn't come at a better as they recover. Having them back will improve our team. Winning the title is too early to discuss now though. Better to not get arrogant about our current results.

Glad we're playing against Norwich and not a big team as we have Dortmund three days after that, will be a tough game.

For the first time ever, I was our 5-a-side manager last night because of the injury and everything. We won 17-16, I'm a Zeman-ish manager, apparently. Still, we won, unlike Allegri. Adriano, if you want to give me a call, you have my number.

Of course, because of that, I completely missed yesterday match, how was i-
Yes. Allegri has a dick in his head.
So to summarize Allegri's amazing performance today:

1. Starts with a two-striker system, which the 3-5-2 was specifically developed to counter against.

2. Benches Poli, one of our best players all season, for Nocerino, who is a useless piece of shit. And he doesn't bring on Poli until the 85th minute.

3. Substitutions about 15 minutes too late as usual.

4. Matri plays for 90 fucking minutes.

I feel like I've missed something.
Oh, so that was the usual Allegri Experience. I ain't even mad. I just gave up on the guy, a couple of more games and he's gone, even Galliani (who has his faults, definitely, Ljajic, Astori and Honda would've helped. Still, I wouldn't fire him, he's too valuable to end up somewhere else) can't keep defending him. Sack the moron after Barca, get Inzaghi on board and hope to reach a Europa League spot.

As much as I'd hate to somehow ruin Inzaghi prematurely, he's the one of our former legends to show some ability on the bench, Seedorf is still playing and Rino was a disaster with Palermo.
Madrid-GAF, interesting article that I forgot to share with you late night yesterday, might have been mentioned already but anyway:

Basically we can all accept that we'll see Benz starting up there in the foreseeable future.

Jupp save us.
Ancelotti can also lose a final in six minutes. Just saying.

Thanks everyone !

Sir yes sir ! Born, raise and currently living in Paris, and absolutely delighted by the win tonight, Blanc is really starting to improve with that win and the Benfica game.

And I must recognize that I was very doubtfull

You ruined my juanpablo joke :(

@Sleepless, what did you want earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom