• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Man I'm a third year at uni and I joined the kayaking club and I threw up tonight after I had to down 4 drinks in a row. Now I'm gunna be known as the chunder boy :( fuck Alcohol
4 drinks of what.

Your answer is crucial as it will colour how we view you from now on.

velociraptor

She got that annoying upside down mouth at times, that Deb from Dexter and every south park character got. It's hard to explain, but it's not a good look.

image.php

edit: wow, I was late. My fault for not refreshing the page. Lol.

Scum

4 pints of brothers pear festival edition. Think it's around 7%. I had a 4 pack of Holsten Pills before I went out too but man that brothers killed me off. I'm known as a heavyweight amongst my friends too I feel so ashamed :(

Expect plenty of...

FFMmr.gif

...next time you're out.

K1LLER7

For some reason he likes using his sweater/jumper/jacket as a scarf.
Soon, Arnie will be doing the same.

He's getting quite a bit of media attention. The international break has come at a good moment, in that by the time the next fixture comes around, there shouldn't be as much pressure on him than say, if we played this weekend, whilst all the media are talking about him.

Bioshock 2 is a good game, but about 5 hours too long. The end stretch drags like a bitch

It should really use regenerating health. Health packs should only be used in games where its possible to avoid damage

He's getting quite a bit of media attention. The international break has come at a good moment, in that by the time the next fixture comes around, there shouldn't be as much pressure on him than say, if we played this weekend, whilst all the media are talking about him.

The england national team bit has gotten him extra press. It's a bit annoying. Stay away from him you cunts. There's no point discussing international football with him. He said weeks ago that it's not on his mind and won't be for a while.

Liverbros, why are some of your fans worried over Suso's lack of goals? Why is there a need for him to score so much at such a young age or just period? If he influences every other aspect of the game, why fuss over something like that? Not even Ronaldo scored so much at age 19 and Iniesta has also never scored much.

Liverbros, why are some of your fans worried over Suso's lack of goals? Why is there a need for him to score so much at such a young age or just period? If he influences every other aspect of the game, why fuss over something like that? Not even Ronaldo scored so much at age 19 and Iniesta has also never scored much.

Its not a worry really, just a reason for us to consider playing him further back

Zabojnik

I think I might be the only person that genuinely enjoyed Lost's finale. By Season 5 and even before that it got so convoluted that it became obvious that the authors were basically making shit up as they went along. I knew we weren't getting all the answers and so I watched it for what it had become by then. A friend of mine was obsessed with finding out what everything meant. Even with two episodes to go, he was convinced we'd get the answer to every single Lost mistery, like even minor stuff all the way back from S1 and S2. I kept telling him "dude, it ain't happening, just let it go", but he wouldn't. The finale literally destroyed him, lol.

GorillaJu

Not sure. I'm more worried about his ability to influence high intensity games than I am his ability to score. He's doing really well in Spain. I hope he is able to manage the same level of performances in England. If so, he's got real potential.

Slizz

Just got back from a Kid Cudi and Big Sean show.

Cudi did an hour and 45 minute set in a suit that looked like it came from After Earth that movie with Will Smith.....

Shit was pretty tight, if you never smoked in your life you got high while you were there.

Mastadon

Banned
Not sure. I'm more worried about his ability to influence high intensity games than I am his ability to score. He's doing really well in Spain. I hope he is able to manage the same level of performances in England. If so, he's got real potential.

I find it interesting that Suso hasn't been used in the number 10 role for Almeria. He's been deployed on the wings, and has been most productive on the left.

I've always had him down as an AMC, but he's looked incredibly comfortable on the wings. Watching him against Barca, I thought it was impressive how he manage to vary his attacks. Looked equally comfortable hugging the touch line and taking on the fullback as he did cutting inside and acting as an advanced playmaker.

I'd be interested to know what Brendan considers to be his best position.

GorillaJu

I find it interesting that Suso hasn't been used in the number 10 role for Almeria. He's been deployed on the wings, and has been most productive on the left.

I've always had him down as an AMC, but he's looked incredibly comfortable on the wings. Watching him against Barca, I thought it was impressive how he manage to vary his attacks. Looked equally comfortable hugging the touch line and taking on the fullback as he did cutting inside and acting as an advanced playmaker.

I'd be interested to know what Brendan considers to be his best position.

I think its typical for young AMs to get played on the wings in Spain because they use that position less as for tricky sprinters and more for forwards and creative playmakers. My guess would be because fullbacks are more defensive in England and seek to stop the supply of crosses and runs in behind, and more space is available in Spain to find a pass in and around the box.

Mata, Silva, Cazorla and Coutinho all spring to mind immediately as players used out wide for their clubs in Spain but are best in the center in the PL.

Mastadon

Banned
I think its typical for young AMs to get played on the wings in Spain because they use that position less as for tricky sprinters and more for forwards and creative playmakers. My guess would be because fullbacks are more defensive in England and seek to stop the supply of crosses and runs in behind, and more space is available in Spain to find a pass in and around the box.

Mata, Silva, Cazorla and Coutinho all spring to mind immediately as players used out wide for their clubs in Spain but are best in the center in the PL.

Yeah that's a great point, although I think it's fair to say that Suso possesses some of the qualities that PL wingers require. I think it bodes well for the future that a potential front four of Coutinho, Suso, Sturridge and Suarez (if we keep hold of him) are able to play in each other's position which adds fluidity and dynamism to our attacks.

bjaelke

Leyton Orient communications manager Jonny Davies said:
The coach boasts a fold-out massage table, a coffee machine and Sky TV, but the most exciting thing for the players was a PlayStation 3. For the majority of the trip the lads, led by Lloyd James, got stuck into the new Fifa 14 game and at times even played as themselves against Oldham in preparation for the match the following day. The staff were quick to implement a “no Fifa on a matchday” rule, however. The gaffer suspects several hours playing football on a video game is not conducive to a good performance in the real thing.
oVCOHu0.jpg

Arnie

Man I'm a third year at uni and I joined the kayaking club and I threw up tonight after I had to down 4 drinks in a row. Now I'm gunna be known as the chunder boy :( fuck Alcohol
More embarrassing than having 'chunder boy' written on your birth certificate.
No.

I mean, I can appreciate a jumper round the neck if it's done right. I'd never try it. I once spent about five minutes at a party congratulating this swagtastic black dude on his use of it. He looked like Jason Roberts, and he had a gorgeous blonde bird on his arm, no doubt related to the jumper. If you can pull it off, do it, but I can't, and John O'Shea junior shouldn't be trying it.

In fact scrap that, Adnan should be tying it as tight as he can.
Because some people are just stupid.

Suso's best position is going to be floating around central midfield making space, recycling the ball, and applying that Coutinho effect from deep.

He's being played out wide because that's just the natural progression for young players with an exceptional ability to take on their man and make things happen, moving into the first team squad.

Manager

lol Cardiff has suspended their director of sports and replaced him with a 23 year old guy from Kazakhstan.

Wow! http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-malky-mackays-6158805

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay's trusted aide Iain Moody suspended and replaced by Kazakh rookie
8 Oct 2013 22:00
Iain Moody, the head of recruitment who Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay has credited with most of his signings, has been suspended by Cardiff City and replaced by 23-year-old Kazakhstani Alisher Apsalyamov.

Malky Mackay's right-hand man Iain Moody has been suspended by Cardiff City - with his role being filled by rookie Kazakhstani Alisher Apsalyamov.
Head of Recruitment Moody, Mackay’s most trusted lieutenant, has played a key role in helping deliver signings during the manager’s successful two-year spell in charge of the Bluebirds
But WalesOnline has learned Moody - who also worked alongside Mackay at Watford - has left his post with the previously unknown Apsalyamov taking over his duties in an acting capacity.
The shock news, which is likely to unsettle Mackay, comes just days after it was revealed the Bluebirds boss has also been forced to deal with tensions between City’s players andowner Vincent Tan over a bonus row.
We have been told Tan has wanted his own man overseeing transfer activity and Moody’s position appears to have become less and less secure.
And it this week reached a critical point with Moody suspended from his duties with Apsalyamov, 23, handed his responsibilities.
Moody has become the most influential member of Mackay’s backroom team, sent by the manager to various parts of the world to target, talk to and sign the players who have helped the Bluebirds win the Championship title and also stabilise in the Premier League.
Among the City stars Moody was responsible for bringing to the club have been England international Steven Caulker, Chilean midfield warrior Gary Medel, French right-back Kevin Theophile-Catherine and £8million Dane Andreas Cornelius. He also helped Mackay snap up the likes of Fraizer Campbell, Jordon Mutch and Kim Bo-Kyung.
However, Tan wants somebody else at the helm with Apsalyamov given the chance in an acting capacity following Moody’s shock suspension, the reasons for which not known.
Apsalyamov has been at Cardiff since February, describing his position as executive assistant to CEO Simon Lim - although has not previously been listed by the club as a key staff member on their website or matchday programme.
According to his own biography on a social networking site, Apsalyamov - thought to be a friend of owner Vincent Tan’s son U-Jiun - has no previous experience in football.
But is believed he has spent several weeks shadowing Moody, a figure Mackay has regularly praised in public for his work in Cardiff’s forensic approach to talent-spotting and recruiting.

BShZ91MIYAEDD6B.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:lol

Oh man Wilshere's comments on English players is some horribly misguided shit. I'll be calling him EDL Jack from now on.

Yeah, kind of scary that one of our most technically gifted prospects is saying this:
"We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that.

"The only people who should play for England are English people."

Can we also try to remember which style gets results?

Lightning

Banned
Argh wtf Wilshere. Needs to shut his mouth and work on his crappy performances.

Wilshere also needs to remember that England are the most boring team to watch. Their attack is fucking diabolical.

As a lifelong England fan, I say what the shit.

It's great that we tackle hard and are overall tough on the pitch but it means nothing if our technical skills are borderline shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom