• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I'm enjoying it for 'what it is'.

What in the FUCK was Twin Peaks? A melodramatic cheesy soap opera?
A supernatural melodramatic cheesy soap opera thank you very much. Best thing about is was Dale Cooper tho.

The one good thing I'll say aboutbthe new season of Homeland is that it hasn't reached the levels of awfulness that season 2 achieved.

Fergie

Banned
Wilshere about Januzaj playing for England: "The country doesnt need him. Only the English should play for the national team."

olive-oil-jelly.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A supernatural melodramatic cheesy soap opera thank you very much. Best thing about is was Dale Cooper tho.

The one good thing I'll say aboutbthe new season of Homeland is that it hasn't reached the levels of awfulness that season 2 achieved.
Dale Cooper was brillianttt! :lol

And yeah, Homeland S2 was fucking dreadful.

Messi

Watching Homeland is akin to having nails hammered into your cranium. It hurts that much.

They should've killed Brody off at the end of S1 like they originally they planned. Half of their problems would be solved if they'd done this.

I only watched the first season but my biggest problem with it was the fact that they copped out on actually
killing brody
, put me off watching any more of the show.

I started watching Boardwalk Empire instead and I am currently mid season 2. My goodness that is some show. Love every bit of it.

@jtb

Heck yes! Loved the show, don't care what the haters think. Though it probably had to do with the fact that it was the first show that was more adult driven that I had ever watched (And it was awesome).

Also it is one of the few that I watched until the proper end with Heroes (awesome first season), Flashforward (got maybe 7 episodes in), The Event (lousy), among others being canceled, there is not much else to look back on or love.

Heroes was actually pretty great in the first series, then I watched like 15 mins of the second series and thought, "what's the fucking point?!" :lol

I still haven't nor ever will forgive NBC for cancelling Awake or BBC 3 for cancelling The Fades. Heck, I just remembered I haven't forgiven AMC for cancelling Rubicon. They all still hurt :(.

Arnie

I really disliked parts of Season 5, but other than that I was well entertained all the way through, even season 6... Actually especially season 6, it got insane sure, but I kind fo liked it.

The whole thing was just entertaining.

Even when it got weirder and weirder. If you're sat at home during the bit where resurrection Locke turns out to be a smoke monster and you're like 'boo hoo that's not perfect writing that's soooo implausible' then you need to take a look in the mirror and subsequently headbutt it.

jtb

Banned
I lost all interest in Lost the moment
Locke died. And the fact that they lied to us about the fact that he was actually dead... that just pissed me off even more.
Throw in time travel and shit like Across the Sea and I just did not like any of the last two seasons of Lost.

The first four seasons though... some damn good stuff in there. I feel like I'm alone in my love for S2. The hatch was a great little plot device to build a season around, filler and all.

Locke was the show. I just don't care about whiny Jack.

Messi

I really disliked parts of Season 5, but other than that I was well entertained all the way through, even season 6... Actually especially season 6, it got insane sure, but I kind fo liked it.

I watched the Pilot again on Blu Ray there the other day. That was a fantastic episode. I really liked the show up until the end of season 3. Kept watching until the end as I really liked the characters. But by the end I was falling off.

I also watched this episode last night

Desmond-penny-phonetalk.jpg

Still gets me.

Edit: Also Olivia's eyes are bleeding as it is halloween soon.

Arnie

I LOVE YOU PENNY

I'LL SEE YOU IN ANOTHER LIFE THEN BROTHER

Hatch story was brilliant.

That opening scene to season 2 with Mama Cass and Desmond.

Happy memories.

K1LLER7

ibkQ7z0YnKUJwL.gif

In other news, United might sign Bruno Gomes due to Madrid being interested. This is the only player that would choose us over Madrid.
Who was the other Brazilian guy United had over for trials? He would post pics of himself holding the United kit.

Last I remember hearing about him, was that we wouldn't be signing him. Not entirely sure though.

I watched the Pilot again on Blu Ray there the other day. That was a fantastic episode. I really liked the show up until the end of season 3.Kept watching until the end as I really liked the characters. But by the end I was falling off.

The characters were one of the best parts for me, this why other shows like The Walking Dead struggled to keep my interest, I hate them all and wouldn't mind in the slightest if they all got eaten.

I almost decided to come back when
Andrea died.
But then I realized that I still don't care.

Clegg

I didn't watch Lost during its original run so I think I missed out on what made it so special to its followers.

Decent show but I wasn't blown away by it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
#TeamLost #TeamLocke

Sure, the story is stupid and could've been a lot better, but the whole thing was entertaining as fuck.

PUSH THE BUTTON

THEY TOOK MA BABY

WAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

Yep, LOST was great. Wouldn't watch it again, tho.

Walt's dad was a cunt.

I rarely rewatch any serialized drama or any show for that matter. No point really for me I guess.

Michael really made some boneheaded decisions so I agree with you there.

Who was the other Brazilian guy United had over for trials? He would post pics of himself holding the United kit.

Last I remember hearing about him, was that we wouldn't be signing him. Not entirely sure though.

Same guy. United didn't want to sign him a couple of months ago and he was pretty sad. Seems like we might sign him after all. Everyone knows how much he likes United.

GE5_3303-580x386.jpg

Adnan-NBA-580x435.jpg

Man I'm a third year at uni and I joined the kayaking club and I threw up tonight after I had to down 4 drinks in a row. Now I'm gunna be known as the chunder boy :( fuck Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom