• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCold

There´s some weird selection choices. I´m a bit bias about this but Sporting´s second in the league and always plays with 6 or 7 Portuguese players, only 1 played for the national squad. Cedric has been playing really well but André Almeida, who only played 2 or 3 matches, get´s played instead of him. Ruben Micael has been having a shit season for Braga yet he starts for Portugal. Wilson Eduardo has 2 goals and 4 assists in 7 matches and doesn´t get a call. Eder was injured for a long time and got to play today without even playing for his club in a while.

Yeah it's fucked up. There's obvious corruption in the FPF. One thing that will never happen but should is that there should be a limit on the amount of foreigners in a club's roster. It's pretty embarrassing when a team like Real Madrid has more Portuguese players on the pitch than a Portuguese club. This only hurts the national team in the end. I believe this is why teams like Italy and Germany always do pretty well (and now Spain).

Elchele

A better performance given I know what Uruguay are capable off. I don't watch all of uruguay's games but that was poor.

I don't remember a good match from Uruguay since, like the Copa América 2011. Ecuador has been great almost during the entire qualifiers.

Mesousa

Banned
Good lord what in the fuck just happened Chile?

tumblr_mjmeot6Wbv1rqf5p6o2_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom