• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

BWVQzA9CIAAl9XZ.jpg

giphy.gif

Clegg

Just based on his CL performances, he looks like he should play for a bigger club.
I think he'll move eventually. Don't think it'll be to us though. We already have a young winger who we don't play.

Seriously, I want to know what's up with him. Does Moyes not think he's up to it yet? He was full of praise for him during pre season. He cost £15m ffs. He needs to play.

L1NETT

Seriously, I want to know what's up with him. Does Moyes not think he's up to it yet? He was full of praise for him during pre season. He cost £15m ffs. He needs to play.

It was mentioned to United fans when he was bought that he is still at a championship player. Just because he cost an inflated 15m (he is worth so much less than that) doesn't mean he needs to play.

He will get his chance, I just don't think he is anywhere near good enough to be starting for a top 4 (potentially :p) side.

---

Well done Colombia :)

Have we got any Aussie football fans in here? Our left back should deffo play for them but never gets a look in.

Batigol

Banned
"@SRTRC_England: Really poor comments from @ITV Adrian Chiles "There will be 15,000 (Polish people) here on Tues - good job, I need some building work doing""

If there's a God I'm going to pray to him to get that fucker sacked.

I don't like say this much, but he really is a right cunt

He has a stupid, punchable face and talks so much shite. I'm surprised Roy can hold his temper while sitting next to that giant bellend

I'm getting angry typing this. He makes me so mad

Clegg

It was mentioned to United fans when he was bought that he is still at a championship player. Just because he cost an inflated 15m (he is worth so much less than that) doesn't mean he needs to play.

He will get his chance, I just don't think he is anywhere near good enough to be starting for a top 4 (potentially :p) side.
I agree about him not being ready for United. But its frustrating when we have a player talked up by the manager yet we haven't seen him play. I think the fans would just like to see him show what he can do.

Fergie

Banned
I agree about him not being ready for United. But its frustrating when we have a player talked up by the manager yet we haven't seen him play. I think the fans would just like to see him show what he can do.
Well he gave Adnan a chance, Zaha should be the same. Well Carling cup and such will be soon so I guess, we'll have to wait.

3Sixty

If you ever fancy going to an England game, don't.

My day.

After spending sometime eating/drinking in central london, headed off to Wembley.

Get to the weatherspoon's aka the only pub in Wembley. Walk in the door to be grated by the largest gathering of absolute cretins this side of a Jeremy Kyle studio. Skinheads, Stone Island, Neck Tattoo's the fucking lot, as far as the eye can see. Takes ages to get served so i buy 4 pints of overpriced cider. Then some nob in a Voi jeans jacket decides to start belting out 10 German Bombers whilst stood on a table... with his 10 year old son. After enduring this for the large part of an hour i decide to break tradition and make an early dash to the stadium. I balk at £6 for a Programme and get rinsed £4.70 for a Summersby Cider which tastes abit like a shot of apple sourz topped up with suger water.

The game gets underway and have to endure Kyle Walker attempting to play football. Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard hoping their 13th pop shot might take a deflection in. Danny Welbeck just generally do nothing. Andros Townsend run down every blind ally. All while the man of my life is sat on the bench.

I hope England lose to Poland and lose in the play offs. In fact i hope England never win again.

Scum

If you ever fancy going to an England game, don't.

My day.

After spending sometime eating/drinking in central london, headed off to Wembley.

Get to the weatherspoon's aka the only pub in Wembley. Walk in the door to be grated by the largest gathering of absolute cretins this side of a Jeremy Kyle studio. Skinheads, Stone Island, Neck Tattoo's the fucking lot, as far as the eye can see. Takes ages to get served so i buy 4 pints of overpriced cider. Then some nob in a Voi jeans jacket decides to start belting out 10 German Bombers whilst stood on a table... with his 10 year old son. After enduring this for the large part of an hour i decide to break tradition and make an early dash to the stadium. I balk at £6 for a Programme and get rinsed £4.70 for a Summersby Cider which tastes abit like a shot of apple sourz topped up with suger water.

The game gets underway and have to endure Kyle Walker attempting to play football. Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard hoping their 13th pop shot might take a deflection in. Danny Welbeck just generally do nothing. Andros Townsend run down every blind ally. All while the man of my life is sat on the bench.

I hope England lose to Poland and lose in the play offs. In fact i hope England never win again.

:-/

Should have just sold your ticket and gone down your local. But worse, Ingerland will make it through and we'll have to endure bullshit 'til they're dumped out of the 2nd Round by Russia.

3Sixty

:-/

Should have just sold your ticket and gone down your local. But worse, Ingerland will make it through and we'll have to endure bullshit 'til they're dumped out of the 2nd Round by Russia.

Lesson learned I guess.

Atmosphere absolute shite in the ground as well. Some nob on the train home was going on about how amazing the atmosphere was. I said "Fucking hell where do you watch football, at the emirates?"

Highlight of the day was falling in love with some Montenegrin bird after a brief exchange.

Scum

Lesson learned I guess.

Atmosphere absolute shite in the ground as well. Some nob on the train home was going on about how amazing the atmosphere was. I said "Fucking hell where do you watch football, at the emirates?"

Highlight of the day was falling in love with some Montenegrin bird after a brief exchange.

New Wemberley has sucked the life and soul out of Old Wembley. Waste of fucking money to do it all up.

Montenegrin bird, eh? Nice!

K1LLER7

Blastoise >>>>> Charizard.

Going to start with the fire type. Fepkin or whatever its called.

Also mega Mewtew Y > X.

Checked the exclusives, X gets Starmie, whilst Y gets Tyrannitar.

Clegg

Oh :(

Hope not.
Sorry, I got this wrong.

Mega Charizard is in both versions but they look different. X looks way better imo.

In other news I caught my first Pokémon. Pidgey fuck yeah. The battles are slick as fuck. And you get exp for catching Pokémon now. That's dead handy.

subtles

It seems like England won comfortably. I know that's never the case but a convincing score nonetheless.

Should be getting Y tomorrow :D

Clegg, was Mega Charizard X exclusive?

Yes, but apparently those stones are purchasable so anyone with X can trade with you.

Allegedly.

Chris R

WTF happened to his head?

edit: I just turned over, sorry

edit 2: Great bicycle kick! Still don't know wtf happened to his head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom