• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

At least he'd die as a martyr.

It's bizarre how an entire flock of people can turn on you and you suddenly face a dozen people arguing against you. You can't "win". They're gonna bring up strawman arguments, they're gonna throw every stupid shit they can at you and if you're out of luck and happen to make one tiny mistake they're gonna keep pointing at that instead of doing something productive.

And that's why the likes of EA do the shit they do. This mentality allows it. Pathetic.

I wish multiplayer shooters nowadays were still like Quake and UT.

The only shooters I've really enjoyed in the last few years have been story based ones (bioshocks, HL etc).

UT '99 is still fuck awesome now. But the mobs nowadays have no patience for games like that anymore.

Just checked The Wolf Among Us on XBL. So an episode costs $5 but the season pass is only $15?

Is every episode $5? Might be the first time I get a season pass if the demo is good.

I had forgotten you used to write for a website! Yeah still remember Alex, still keep in contact with him on Twitter and Facebook from time to time. Nice guy.

He really irks me on Twitter too, I can't put my finger on quite why though.

Haha, it was a nice experience. Very stressful though. Especially for a Uni student.

Wotta's :D :D after every tweet must be why.

KZ2 had some of the best shooting mechanics in a console shooter ever. Then a bunch of babies whined about it and they went to chase the cod market from there on, not that kz2 was a fantastic game because of that, the story was boring, characters terrible and it had no sense of pacing.

I agree. KZ3 had nothing going on for it when the removed the weight of the guns, playing it with the PS Move was okay though.

L1NETT

Sven to Arsenal? :lol

He wasn't odds on favourite don't worry ahah ;-)

---

LT, why can't FPS be like Timesplitters? When was the last time you burnt a Snowman alive, and he cries out "I'm Meeeeelting". And you are playing as a ninja monkey. Now you just get Oscar Foxtrot Billy no name to call a missile from the sky to blow up your foes.

But to be fair I do find Battlefield MP tons of fun. Mainly because it is about the unexpected and odd and there is variety to an extent in matches. I also have fun whilst getting my bum kicked, whilst I find other FPS shooters more frustrating than enjoyable.

Scum

He wasn't odds on favourite don't worry ahah ;-)

---

LT, why can't FPS be like Timesplitters? When was the last time you burnt a Snowman alive, and he cries out "I'm Meeeeelting". And you are playing as a ninja monkey. Now you just get Oscar Foxtrot Billy no name to call a missile from the sky to blow up your foes.

But to be fair I do find Battlefield MP tons of fun. Mainly because it is about the unexpected and odd and there is variety to an extent in matches. I also have fun whilst getting my bum kicked, whilst I find other FPS shooters more frustrating than enjoyable.

:-(

Killzone is not a game designed to be played, it's a game designed to be a gif on a messageboard.

Yep. :lol
An interactive set piece.

rodvik

Genuinely excited for the MLS game of the weekend tonight.....

Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders.

Essentially the best rivalry in MLS due to proximity of teams and 2 of the absolute best fanbases in MLS.

I have been to both grounds, I agree with your assessment. Top fans, a fun time.

Scum

'Quiche must own the entire Steam library! :lol
He's just dropping in and out games like you would not believe.

'Quiche must own the entire Steam library! :lol
He's just dropping in and out games like you would not believe.

haha. I only have 486 games which isn't that bad compared to some of my friends. I also am in the Family Sharing beta so I am currently going between games from my library and others!

Slizz

Wait, so it's a Fables game just made by the same people that did The Walking Dead game?

Damn, thats kinda cool, time for a 100 Bullets game and/or TV series

Scum

Does anyone here have an ISA of any sort? Any tips for me? I want to put away a lump sum for away for at least a year without touching it. I might even top it up every month for that year too.

Lightning

Banned
Football will never be back for PSG then. Even if Wenger leaves at the end of the season he has far too much respect for our club to poach our players.

Far more likely he will try to lure Cesc to PSG then turn Arsenal fans against him by trying to steal Ozil.

Timurid

Football will never be back for PSG then. Even if Wenger leaves at the end of the season he has far too much respect for our club to poach our players.

Far more likely he will try to lure Cesc to PSG then turn Arsenal fans against him by trying to steal Ozil.

:lol Everyone will abandon ship when Arsene leaves. You should know that by now.

Lightning

Banned
:lol Everyone will abandon ship when Arsene leaves. You should know that by now.
Yes because United's players have all jumped ship now that Ferguson is no longer there, Barca have a totally new squad now that Pep left, when Mourinho left Chelsea everyone followed etc... Oh wait!

The french players will likely go but other than that I can't see the others being overly concerned about Wenger, especially our British players.

FootballFan

:lol

It's so boring here I posted all 3 videos that show nothing.

I was thinking someone should make a "Higuain vs Peru |1080p| Can't Stop Me *2013* HD" video even though he was injured. Just show all the little clips of him on the bench.

I'd watch.

Probably been done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mumd73H87y1r6707bo4_250.gif

Does anyone here have an ISA of any sort? Any tips for me? I want to put away a lump sum for away for at least a year without touching it. I might even top it up every month for that year too.

I have an HSBC fixed rate cash e-ISA, with on-demand withdrawals. Its okay but you can only put £5,000 a year into it, which is pretty brass if you have the security to try and save the majority of what you earn. Thinking of moving over to Lloyd's.who last time I checked have the best saving account

Speaking of ISA, fuck off Arnie :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom