• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're being linked to:
Thiago Motta
Kevin de Bruyne
Antoine Griezmann.

Liverpool should sign Giovinco.
ib1795vzTt6T1C.gif

That was Borini Coutinho-tier innit

kharma45

That's it.

Me, him and Seedy (Still remember him right?) used to write for the same website and every writing he made had to go through editorial. Even for someone with English as a second language I was able to spot his bad spelling, grammar and defiantly.

I had forgotten you used to write for a website! Yeah still remember Alex, still keep in contact with him on Twitter and Facebook from time to time. Nice guy.

He really irks me on Twitter too, I can't put my finger on quite why though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love buying sunglasses too!

Must be because of where we are living.

I can't pull aviators either, if you can well there's no way but up from here Yurt boy.

The one I got recently is closer to the picture I posted.

Cheeky avatar change m8

james-franco-wink.gif

You are cooler than Odd "I like my women to be 50kg" Morsel.

CONGRATS!

Odd is a(n appropriately) skinny dude. He feels threatened by women thicker than him.

Did Mexes end up with just the one-game ban?

Four. One for the red card and three for violent conduct! (or his offensive ponytail, I don't know)

Is there a way that I can change my Amazon PS4 bundle? Went for the first one, but now I'm thinking of getting the Mega Bundle instead..

Amazon US have been sending emails asking if people would like to change their bundles I think, I'd assume uk will start doing the same when they get their numbers locked down

@Yurt, good. Mexes gets on my nerves for some reason

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Amazon US have been sending emails asking if people would like to change their bundles I think, I'd assume uk will start doing the same when they get their numbers locked down

ponytail

Only elseanio can pull it off.

Yen

BBC article from 2003: Why England will win Euro2008
_38674521_winning_team2_300.gif

Manager: Alan Shearer

Chris Kirkland, 21 now, will be the world's finest goalkeeper by 2008, especially after another five years of shot-stopping practice at the back of Liverpool's attack-shy team.

History has shown that every successful England international team has contained brothers, and Rio and Anton Ferdinand will form the bedrock of Shearer's defence.

This is where England excel, with the maverick talents of Joe Cole and David Dunn backed by the steel and vision of Steven Gerrard.

England will have so much talent up front it will be embarrassing, and other teams may concede games before kick-off to avoid the humiliation on the pitch.

The original odd couple will spearhead the attack - Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen.And to keep them alert, the likes of Liverpool's Neil Mellor, Aston Villa's Darius Vassell, Leeds' James Milner and West Ham's Jermaine Defoe will all be in the prime of their careers.

Slizz

Genuinely excited for the MLS game of the weekend tonight.....

Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders.

Essentially the best rivalry in MLS due to proximity of teams and 2 of the absolute best fanbases in MLS.

L1NETT

Chris Kirkland has won the Champions Leagues more times than Zlatan, Michael Owen, Nedved and Bergkamp combined.

And he wears a cap.

Slizz

Haha, thought of that when I saw this picture today, this is apparently from 2002 in Belgium noting some of their future stars, crazy they got so many right though, some would be like 13 when the article was made.

BWeAUUzCIAAq2X-.jpg:large

Woah, thats awesome lol. Belgium media most legit, confirmed.

3Sixty

Haha, thought of that when I saw this picture today, this is apparently from 2002 in Belgium noting some of their future stars, crazy they got so many right though, some would be like 13 when the article was made.

Someone sign this guy up as a scout.

Randdalf

Belgium have more on the way as well, this is the only the beginning.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Genuinely excited for the MLS game of the weekend tonight.....

Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders.

Essentially the best rivalry in MLS due to proximity of teams and 2 of the absolute best fanbases in MLS.

How is Dempsey doing at the Sounders? I don't hear much about him.

Slizz

How's our boy Di Vaio? Are you guys treating him well?

No fucking clue lol, not a Sounders or Timbers fan.

But most likely he's liking America..... prolly pulling tail left and right.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's on a Canadian team. He probably hates it.

Yen

Actually it's all be nonsense and is just a look at them younger,apparently from a paper this weekend, someone was saying that it was from 2002 on Twitter.

It says 2013 in the top corner.

L1NETT

Belgium are going to cause many a trouble at Euro 2016.

I think they have more of a chance at the WC where they are still *relatively (I use that word hesitantly) unknown.

By Euro 2016 their opponents might have cottoned on to how good they are.

But this summer they are young guns with nothing to lose and little to no pressure on them with a real chance of having a deep run.

---

Oh and Arnie if you see this you are 110% fucking right about Killzone, but I fear of going into that thread in case the Guerilla fans egg my house.

Visually looks stunning, but the gunplay is stale, cumbersome and has no skill gap. It is trying to be arcade CoD style but without the, as you put it, nuance.

And one muppet said KZ is known for the some of best gunplay for an FPS? No point even arguing with those types.

Yen

Nexus 5 sounds like it could be really good. My S2 contract runs until next October, I have no problems with the S2 but I bet I replace it with the Nexus 6!

Arnie

Oh and Arnie if you see this you are 110% fucking right about Killzone, but I fear of going into that thread in case the Guerilla fans egg my house.

Visually looks stunning, but the gunplay is stale, cumbersome and has no skill gap. It is trying to be arcade CoD style but without the, as you put it, nuance.

And one muppet said KZ is known for the some of best gunplay for an FPS? No point even arguing with those types.

He's an absolute dullard with too much of an emotional attachment to the game to understand what I'm saying. In his latest post he's fucking invented some speculative reason for the guns not having recoil. God, it's painful.

Scum

It says 2013 in the top corner.
Yenrot, pls.

Udo Lattek has Parkinson's disease. :(
:-/

I think they have more of a chance at the WC where they are still *relatively (I use that word hesitantly) unknown.

By Euro 2016 their opponents might have cottoned on to how good they are.

But this summer they are young guns with nothing to lose and little to no pressure on them with a real chance of having a deep run.

---

That's a good point about Belgium. I have them down as my surprise team at the tournament next year.

Oh and tread carefully in GamingGAF, El. They'll get you into trouble for stating the bleeding obvious. Don't even think Hitch is interested in Killzone. Battlefield 4 would be a better choice.

Nexus 5 sounds like it could be really good. My S2 contract runs until next October, I have no problems with the S2 but I bet I replace it with the Nexus 6!
Aren't these contracts, 24 month ones nowadays?

L1NETT

I just think graphics is an unhealthy obsession with some parts of Gaf. For me, if Killzone and The Order look out of this world insane and have great draw distances and you can see each piece of dirt on your mate's sock than great, that's good.

But, if they PLAY (it's a game) like turgid boring rehashes of generic FPS and TPS games then I ain't interested. Scripted stuff (i'm thinking in FPS' mostly here) had to be done last gen because devs didn't have the power to do anything else. Now they do have the power, I don't want to play whish bang shooty press x to see pretty vista all over again.

Eh whatcha gonna do. Hurry up Batman.

---

Martin Allen sacked, another one bites the dust. Rubbish rubbish rubbish decision. Tough start to the season, Gills pick up a bit then a couple of bad results boom gone cya.

Hilarious to see Sven in the betting for both next Arsenal manager and next Sheff United manager on a few websites.

kharma45

Killzone is dull, dull, dull with nothing going for it bar some pretty graphics on the surface.

KZ2 had some of the best shooting mechanics in a console shooter ever. Then a bunch of babies whined about it and they went to chase the cod market from there on, not that kz2 was a fantastic game because of that, the story was boring, characters terrible and it had no sense of pacing.

Arnie

pls don't get banned, Arnie :lol

:(
Someone's attempting to backseat mod now. So strange.

I'm just going to back out. Might PM a mod about said white knight.

Mumei, please.

KZ2 had some of the best shooting mechanics in a console shooter ever. Then a bunch of babies whined about it and they went to chase the cod market from there on .
I agree.

Can you please go and post that in the thread.

kharma45

KZ2 had some of the best shooting mechanics in a console shooter ever. Then a bunch of babies whined about it and they went to chase the cod market from there on, not that kz2 was a fantastic game because of that, the story was boring, characters terrible and it had no sense of pacing.

KZ2 was fun online from the bits I played of it, only put a handful of hours in but it was good craic.

I got that email yesterday asking me to choose a bundle.

LTWheels

I wish multiplayer shooters nowadays were still like Quake and UT.

The only shooters I've really enjoyed in the last few years have been story based ones (bioshocks, HL etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom