• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

You've got to be the biggest Suso fan there is. I don't think I've ever seen someone else post something about him that wasn't in response to you, not even Liverpool-bros. I don't mean anything by it, I'm just sayin'. :)

I've got two gigs of images, bro.

Just kidding.

Morata just scored a nice header. The only positive of losing Suarez to Real is getting that butternut squash in return.

FootballFan

You're not even Neymar's biggest fan. FF pls.

pls. I slowed down my Neymar love because it annoys everyone here.

Blablurn

Man, I found some very old photos yesterday.

Schalke Arena - Bayern vs. Mc Fit Allstars lol. Random game against B celebs. But tickets were cheap.

14oswg.jpg

Cologne vs. Bayern. We had some arranged friendlies against them because of the Podolski deal.

2bdsxh.jpg

Chelsea vs. Wigan - Yeah, I was at a Chelsea game lol. It was 2009. Great great atmosphere and I sat in the first row.

3nxs4m.jpg

LAMPARD!

47sse0.jpg

And that was my first visit in the Allianz Arena. Also from 2009. During the Klinsmann era lol. Random cup game vs Nürnberg.

54esw1.jpg

Arnie

So we're buying Koke in January, swapping Suarez for Morata plus cash, and getting a Super Saiyan six Suso in the summer.

Los Blancbros

Meier

So we're buying Koke in January, swapping Suarez for Morata plus cash, and getting a Super Saiyan six Suso in the summer.

Los Blancbros

I can't imagine Koke costing less than £30m or so. Do you think you guys would pay that for anyone, let alone a midfielder?

Arnie

I can't imagine Koke costing less than £30m or so. Do you think you guys would pay that for anyone, let alone a midfielder?

If we wouldn't pay that for Michael lemon tits and Willian I can't see us offering such a figure for Koke. I think we'll go to between £20-25m and see where that gets us. FSG really don't like overpaying, though. But Koke fits the FSG model like a glove.

And you just know Brendan wants to fucking rub his cheeks.

Walshy

We bid £21m for Diego Costa.
We bid £28m for Willian
We bid £24m for Mkhitaryan.

We will spend big on a player eventually, hopefully in January we are in a good position in the league and bring a few good players in. We've been linked with Matic, Pastore and Fernando from Porto from shite sources but I can't see us getting any of them.

If we wouldn't pay that for Michael lemon tits and Willian I can't see us offering such a figure for Koke. I think we'll go to between £20-25m and see where that gets us. FSG really don't like overpaying, though. But Koke fits the FSG model like a glove.

And you just know Brendan wants to fucking rub his cheeks.
It was the agents that we refused to budge for in the Willian deal, his agent wanted £5m.

Splatt

We bid £21m for Diego Costa.
We bid £28m for Willian
We bid £24m for Mkhitaryan.

We will get one of them one day, hopefully in January we are in a good position in the league and bring a few good players in. We've been linked with Matic, Pastore and Fernando from Porto from shite sources but I can't see us getting any of them.

It was the agents that we refused to budge for in the Willian deal, his agent wanted £5m.

You'd be wasting 40mil. on Matic.

Meier

I think Koke's price is around 20-25M euros.

I think that would have been a more realistic figure prior to him standing out at the U-21 Euros this summer. He's doing very well in La Liga too. I don't know what his buyout clause is, but I bet it's in that region now and can't see any reason why Atletico would sell for less than it.

Walshy

You'd be wasting 40mil. on Matic.
I reckon he will go for about £30m myself and that's overpriced however he has been impressive whenever I've watched which is limited to Champions League and the Europa League last season.

Chelsea were stupid to let him go.

Arnie

How's Suso doing tonight?

Solid.

Spain have pretty much kept possession for 45 minutes and within that Suso's been at the hub of their central midfield. Passing, moving, passing, moving. Hard to read too much into it but he's been positionally very good. Nothing outstanding anywhere on the pitch, though.

Can't watch the second half. Someone take over the scouting.

Just lost the Capital One Cup to Fulham. Leading 1-0 after 3 mins, the assholes had to comeback and win with a header in the last minute.

Fuck FM.

And fuck Allegri too.

Edit: and they even ask one of my U21 players on a loan two days after the final. I'm starting to dislike them.

Just lost the Capital One Cup to Fulham. Leading 1-0 after 3 mins, the assholes had to comeback and win with a header in the last minute.

Fuck FM.

And fuck Allegri too.

Edit: and they even ask one of my U21 players on a loan two days after the final. I'm starting to dislike them.

Fuck Allegri.

Salvadora

Benzema lost his starting place in the French line-up to Giroud. Bringing him in as our 'world-class' forward would be embarrassing.

Lewa and Sir Szc seem to be good mates. Whisper in his ear, please.

Chrono

Banned
What do you guys think of this comment, is it true?

Except one – individual ability – in particulare, the physical decline of so many of their players. You did mention Xavi, but also Iniesta, Alves, Messi, Mascherano, even Busquets and Pique I would argue, have lost speed and quickness, and this has affected not only their ability to press, but more importantly, their ability to dribble past opponents.

Tiki taka worked not only because Barca players were good passers and decision makers, but because a critical mass of them could dribble past one, two, or even three players, especially when aggressively pressed. Today, Barca’s passing is as good as ever, but now even Messi sometimes gets dispossessed one on one. Unheard of. This makes it easier for the opposition to both selectively press and to park the bus.

This, in my opinion, is the main reason why Barca need variation – because they just don’t have the ability to walk the ball into the goal any more when faced with really strong opponents.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/11/new-managers-martino-at-barcelona/

It's the very last comment under that article.

Clegg

What do you guys think of this comment, is it true?

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/11/new-managers-martino-at-barcelona/

It's the very last comment under that article.
It has some truth in it. Some of Barca's stars are getting older and declining physically. Xavi and Puyol are the obvious ones. It even mentions on the article that Xavi isn't quite as good as he once was.

Another thing to remember is that Barca used a very high pressing tactic for close to five seasons. No matter how fit your players are, they will eventually succumb to fatigue. If anything, it's amazing that their slihght decline didn't happen sooner.

They definitely need a new centre half though. Preferably someone tall and physical as they're very vulnerable to long balls and crosses.

Chrono

Banned
It has some truth in it. Some of Barca's stars are getting older and declining physically. Xavi and Puyol are the obvious ones. It even mentions on the article that Xavi isn't quite as good as he once was.

Another thing to remember is that Barca used a very high pressing tactic for close to five seasons. No matter how fit your players are, they will eventually succumb to fatigue. If anything, it's amazing that their slihght decline didn't happen sooner.

They definitely need a new centre half though. Preferably someone tall and physical as they're very vulnerable to long balls and crosses.

The point the poster made about dribbling I thought was the most interesting, I don't really see how iniesta nearing thirty made him less of a dribbler, same with messi who's at his mid twenties, and of course there's a new player neymar who's also a good dribbler. And Pique and Busquets getting slower? I don't watch a lot of barcelona but I'm not sure how anyone would notice a slight decrease in speed, especially as those two aren't particularly old. And yes barcelona did a lot of pressing but they dominated games and finished them off early, relaxing for most of the game by passing the ball. They haven't played a lot of physically difficult games really.

The comment above it is also interesting, says that guardiola wanted to make wholesale changes or something, I think I remember reading about it. Either way, it'd be great if some of this decline talk is true, I want someone else to win the champions league, perhaps underdogs like arsenal. Would be great if they beat barcelona (last time barca was half asleep when they lost at the emirates) with all their expensive signings (neymar, sanchez, fabregas etc...) while arsenal only has one (ozil).

Clegg

I've only just remembered about poor Darren Fletcher. Christ he was great for us in the last couple of seasons before his illness. Never mind a Scholes replacement. Right now we could do with someone who can capably do Fletch's job. I suppose Khedira is a player with similar qualities to Fletch. But he'd be at least £20m.

Messi

The point the poster made about dribbling I thought was the most interesting, I don't really see how iniesta nearing thirty made him less of a dribbler, same with messi who's at his mid twenties, and of course there's a new player neymar who's also a good dribbler. And Pique and Busquets getting slower? I don't watch a lot of barcelona but I'm not sure how anyone would notice a slight decrease in speed, especially as those two aren't particularly old. And yes barcelona did a lot of pressing but they dominated games and finished them off early, relaxing for most of the game by passing the ball. They haven't played a lot of physically difficult games really.

The comment above it is also interesting, says that guardiola wanted to make wholesale changes or something, I think I remember reading about it. Either way, it'd be great if some of this decline talk is true, I want someone else to win the champions league, perhaps underdogs like arsenal. Would be great if they beat barcelona (last time barca was half asleep when they lost at the emirates) with all their expensive signings (neymar, sanchez, fabregas etc...) while arsenal only has one (ozil).

Like the last two seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom