• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

When you got Cahill in defense, one of Jones/Smalling out of position at RB and Hart in GK then you are gonna concede at least one.

I try and keep my Taylor Swift listening to a bare minimum. Over 10 seconds a year is a failure on my part

I've never really listened to her music. I figured you would recognize it was the lyrics to that Taylor Swift song as you guys were joking about it earlier and you referenced that guy's post when you quoted me.

Come on son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_2Z2u74Tk

Share some music guys. We have nothing else to do right now.

When you got Cahill in defense, one of Jones/Smalling out of position at RB and Hart in GK then you are gonna concede at least one.

Can;t believe that if we get there, we'll be going to Brazil with Jagielka and Cahill at centreback. Jagielka is good, and Cahill has certain strengths which complement Jagielka, but there's just something about them that screams 'DOWNGRADE!' compared to Ferdinand and Terry

@KidA, I honestly assumed that a Taylor Swift song would have better lyrics since I've never really listened to any of her rubbish. That'll teach me for being anything other than absolutely pessimistic about the quality of mainstream pop

Walshy

Can;t believe that if we get there, we'll be going to Brazil with Jagielka and Cahill at centreback. Jagielka is good, and Cahill has certain strengths which complement Jagielka, but there's just something about them that screams 'DOWNGRADE!' compared to Ferdinand and Terry
It's a huge downgrade from the mythical 'golden generation' from 2006.

The 2010 squad was pretty shit looking back on it. 40 year old David James, a finished Joe Cole, Warnock, Heskey etc

sohois

Only took 8 hours to get from page 329 to 330.

8 hours

50 posts

Mumei pls.

It's always slow at those hours because the euros are asleep. Plus one should consider the loss of Wilbury who would regularly contribute 1000 posts on his own to a thread. No surprise really.

England won't lose I don't think. Hodgson can't do much but I he can grind out some crappy win at least

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Going to Naples tonight to watch Italy - Armenia.

Italy is qualified but needs a victory to be top seed.

Balotelli should start from the bench, hope he will eventually play :)

Have fun man!

Look for Rafa he might be next to you.
3AQmK.gif

arkon

Interest in the English national team must be at an all time low. We have a must-win match tonight, and nobody seems to care. McClaren, Capello and Hodgson have sapped the life out of the entire setup :p

I honestly thought the matches were on Wednesday. Imagine my delight when I checked the fixture list for today. Christmas come early!

Walshy

Another one halfway through November I think. Friendlies for most, playoffs for some
Just noticed there is a week gap between the Fulham game and the derby.

Luckily, we have managed to get a full squad back. Kelly is nearing full fitness, Johnson and Allen have been training and should be available for the Newcastle game as well as Cissokho whose been training for about three weeks now. Coutinho should be back for the West Brom game at the end of the month too.

Knowing our luck with Internationals, Sturridge will do his ACL tonight.

subtles

I miss Liverpool already. Please bring back the Footy.

The best striking portfolio.

The best collection of Center Backs.

I will not mention the flanks or the midfield.

I have faith we are going places. Brendan you shall fix the problems and take us higher.

Left England content with Woy he did, United with Moyes they are.

My full kit on I shall sing YNWA till the Footy is back.

Why do people still get so excited for Zelda when the last 4 have apparently been pretty disappointing? (Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kyle Walker has created 13 chances this season, the most by a defender in the EPL, 2 more than Leighton Baines.

Shame he's not playing tonight, he's started the season well. I wonder if Hodgson will still start Andros without Walker behind him. I think Milner might get the nod.

Why do people still get so excited for Zelda when the last 4 have apparently been pretty disappointing? (Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword)

Even a mildly disappointing Zelda shits on most games. IMO Skyward Sword was a classic and as good as any other 3D Zelda.

Shame he's not playing tonight, he's started the season well. I wonder if Hodgson will still start Andros without Walker behind him. I think Milner might get the nod.

pls no

We have to win

Avoiding defeat isn't good enough, ergo Milner isn't good enough

Milner isn't good enough either way

subtles

Victory Road is no longer a cruel mistress. Gone are the days of suffering.

Friend Safari is nice. You need many friends to capture decent Pokemon though.

According to Tuttosport, Berlusconi is looking for investors in the UAE and one of his men might travel there in the next few days to start talking to some of them. He won't sell more than half of Milan shares (currently he owns around 98-99%), so we shouldn't change (almost) everything like Inter is doing and Roma did a couple of years ago. Just more money and people in our board, simple as that.

I know that's Tuttosport and probably bullshit, but I need some good news and fuck it, I want to believe.

Walshy

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 4m
BREAKING NEWS: Official: Inter president Moratti announces club takeover from Indonesian Erick Thohir

pretty big news?

arkon

lol what a blast from the past

I was a teenager when that video first came out and she became a star instantly.

Watching that just reminds me how much I hate choreographed, synchronized dancing.

I love choreographed synchronized dancing. Explains my k-pop mania I suppose.

According to Tuttosport, Berlusconi is looking for investors in the UAE and one of his men might travel there in the next few days to start talking to some of them. He won't sell more than half of Milan shares (currently he owns around 98-99%), so we shouldn't change (almost) everything like Inter is doing and Roma did a couple of years ago. Just more money and people in our board, simple as that.

I know that's Tuttosport and probably bullshit, but I need some good news and fuck it, I want to believe.

Berlu is always looking for new investors. But why would anyone put their money into Milan unless they can also wrestle control from him? Berlu has proven himself completely incompetent and uninterested as an owner the past several years, only a complete moron would trust him with their money.

He has effectively been letting Galliani run the club and while the Gold Tie is great at going around and making deals for players, he has proven over and over again that he lacks the steel and vision to properly run the club (see: him sticking up for Allegri and then signing Matri like he was Max's bitch). Berlu is in love with the idea of being the owner of Milan more than actually being the owner of Milan. He either needs to fix that problem, or be willing to sell a controlling share in the club to an investor who actually gives a shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

tumblr_mumiswcQSo1qcxfxbo4_500.gif

***** ‏@*****
BREAKING NEWS: Official: Inter president Moratti announces club takeover from Indonesian Erick Thohir

pretty big news?

No.

Zabojnik

Why would anyone invest big money in a club they'll have no real say in? Sponsors though, that's a different story.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 4m

pretty big news?

It's been in the works for a long time now. I guess it's finally official. Not a single fuck was given.

Oh hey, Rami will start training with Milan today. January can't come soon enough.
Why would anyone invest big money in a club they'll have no real say in? Sponsors though, that's a different story.
Sponsors with benefits? I dunno, I know it's unlikely but:
Berlu is always looking for new investors. But why would anyone put their money into Milan unless they can also wrestle control from him? Berlu has proven himself completely incompetent and uninterested as an owner the past several years, only a complete moron would trust him with their money.

He has effectively been letting Galliani run the club and while the Gold Tie is great at going around and making deals for players, he has proven over and over again that he lacks the steel and vision to properly run the club (see: him sticking up for Allegri and then signing Matri like he was Max's bitch). Berlu is in love with the idea of being the owner of Milan more than actually being the owner of Milan. He either needs to fix that problem, or be willing to sell a controlling share in the club to an investor who actually gives a shit.
Probably they'll start with a small amount of shares to begin with, and try to buy the rest in the next years. If B wants to stay as our president he's free to do so, as long as somebody puts money in Galliani's hands, whether he's some random rich guy from the UAE or some dude from Russia or whatever I don't really care. If these people (the ones willing to spend money to buy some of B shares) really exists, then they must have other interests in Milan clearly, I don't think they just grew up watching Van Basten and Baresi ruling Europe in the early 90s and want us to get back to that point just to make the fans happy. If you know how to run a football club properly it might turn out to be useful for your own interests, which is basically what Berlusconi did when he bought us.
Yurt pls.

Let me live the dream.

It's been in the works for a long time now. I guess it's finally official. Not a single fuck was given.

Didn't Moratti say he has some clause allowing him to take control back if he disagreed with the way its run by the new guys? If so, I give it 14 months before he's back in charge

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has voiced his anger with the way Gareth Bale has been treated since his world-record move from Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

"Here in Madrid, you know the press try not to appear as Madridistas. News like the report about Bale would never have been published in Barcelona, being false as it is.

"There's a campaign against myself and others at Madrid."

tom-cruise-crazy-laugh-7026-593634_zps76a41e80.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom