• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

19gp4a.gif

WE'RE BACK

Linius

FC Twente - Ajax is this saturday. I bet that Twente fan pops up again if Twente manages to win. Well my body is ready, it's time to take three points home from Enschede.

Linius

So about the WC2014 seeding. One European country will miss the boat and will end up in pot 3. I bet that's gonna be the European country with the lowest ranking right? Can someone confirm that?

Clegg

I got Sven in instead, both seemed much the same really for in-game stats.

Got shot of Clev on loan, no one will take Valencia.
Chelsea were going to sign Valencia for £12m, but the deal fell through because they couldn't arrange the finances for it.

I can't get anybody to sign Young either.

kharma45

Chelsea were going to sign Valencia for £12m, but the deal fell through because they couldn't arrange the finances for it.

I can't get anybody to sign Young either.

I'm hoping to off-load Young, Clev, Valencia, Evra, Rio and maybe RVP (get the maximum for him before his value declines) next year in the game.

Linius

Very different teams. Yours got weaker and I think Twente's team got stronger, even without Chadli.

That would have been a valid argument if Twente was performing this season but they are just as shitty as PSV, Feyenoord and us. I mean they got smashed by Heerenveen for the cup to give you an example of how inconsistent they are.

Anyways, heading to bed. I'll read any replies tomorrow :p

So about the WC2014 seeding. One European country will miss the boat and will end up in pot 3. I bet that's gonna be the European country with the lowest ranking right? Can someone confirm that?

Yes. Except they'll be in the "special pot" by themselves. By design it will be the very first team drawn and then they will only be able to draw the non-European teams from the seeded pot to ensure than there is no group with 3 European teams in it.

It's what happened to Serbia in 2006.

Blablurn

can't wait to have Javi and Thiago back. Looks like Thiago will play as DM too, could end up being interesting, could end up being something like Pirlo but with actual defensive skills.

But you know what this means. Schweini will be gone. I doubt he will replace Martinez.

Scum

Why in God's fucking name are you guys buying new consoles for FIFA 14 and Assassin Creed 4? Just buy them cheap for your PS3 or Xbox360. Even better, buy them for cheap on Steam sales. Get one next year and let GamingGAF beta test these new machines.

Oh, and the Steam controller is all good. Can't wait to use it.

Elchele

But you know what this means. Schweini will be gone. I doubt he will replace Martinez.

Schweinsteiger is playing as #8 now, he sucked as lone DM. Javi can do the job, and maybe Thaigo will be able to do it too thanks to his pace.

Schweinsteiger is on his way out for sure, he doesn't fit in Pep's system that well.

Elchele

Will there be a fan revolt if he tries to sell Schweini? o_O

Pep can't make transfers, ergo we won't sell Schweini but he'll start to fade away with this new system. He has contract until 2016, I expect him to leave after that... he's almost 30 yo already

We have Thiago, Javi, Kroos and Højbjerg for his position anyway. Højbjerg specially looks like an improved version of Schweinsteiger in the long run.

Maybe if we change back to 4-2-3-1, or if he finds a way to actual be important in the 4-3-3 he could stay longer. But we rarely keep players who are 30+.

Scum

The video made it look quite rough I thought.

Console-esque games seemed to work well, but Civ looked atrocious.
I'll pass judgement after I use one. I think Bayonetta esque games might be dodgy though. Will wait and see.

Lol at calling out a Mans manhood over a game.

:lol

Gaming. Serious bizzness.

Just bought Deus Ex: HR on impulse from XBL. Am I in for a good one?
The one game that Square Enix couldn't fuck up.

Clegg

In:

Zelalem
Crowley
Bender
El Shaarawy

Out:

Young
Anderson
Smalling
Evra

Thiago is available for £24m. Think I might jump on that.

WJD

Yeah but the directors cut comes out in a week and it fixes the terrible bosses...

One of my favs this gen.

or maybe any gen.

The picture was enough.

Fantastic game. One of the best this gen IMO.

I'll pass judgement after I use one. I think Bayonetta esque games might be dodgy though. Will wait and see.

Gaming. Serious bizzness.

The one game that Square Enix couldn't fuck up.

One of the GOTG

GOTY 2011 (ignoring Portal 2)

One of my favourite games ever. I was lost for a week. Came out a new man.

Awesome, it was only £12 too.

Arnie

Got the beta code but my Steam's doing that cunty thing it used to do where it can't connect.

Want to see Suso's stats.

arkon

Woah. Didn't realize Jojo anime part 3 was confirmed. Set to air spring 2014. Better jump back on that train. I left it at the start of part 2.

Zabojnik

Woah. Didn't realize Jojo anime part 3 was confirmed. Set to air spring 2014. Better jump back on that train. I left it at the start of part 2.

WRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Fantastic news. Part 3 & 4 >>> everything else.
Yes, Yurt, I know. Soon. SOON.

Whenever you ask a hypothetical question, why is there always one cunt who tells you why the situation would never arise? Who gives a fuck, its a hypothetical.

arkon

WRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Fantastic news. Part 3 & 4 >>> everything else.
Yes, Yurt, I know. Soon. SOON.

Actually, reading up it seems Spring isn't confirmed but some time in 2014 is. We'll know more after the Jump Festa on December 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom