• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

http://imgur.com/a/nYGIq

Try and read it all...

tumblr_lt376tpsdR1qcvly2o1_250_zps80834d4f.gif

wait, what?

sounds like wooden

Hixx

Youtube's butchering of their automatic playlists has made me get a spotify sub
LLShC.gif

Now I can listen to supergrass ALL NIGHT, no more random Blur songs

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If you hate Song 2 get your head checked by a jumbo jet (won't be easy). It's so fucking cool.

‏@NathanRB_61 1m
also tell the cunts that don't like blur they can eat my anal fruit

I've just got into this ultimate team shite with my brother in Fifa, can someone explain how people have such amazing teams? This guy we played had Barcelona x Real Madrid, and this is in division 6. Another guy and Falcao and Van Perise up front. How's he done that? The game didn't even come out that long ago.

Are these people just spending loads of real money on packs and coins?

Yen

England boss Hodgson caught up in row over 'monkey' joke and Andros Townsend

Roy Hodgson has become involved in a bizarre row over a space monkey joke and England World Cup hero Andros Townsend.

England boss Hodgson - who is believed to be upset over reaction to the joke - told it in the Wembley changing rooms at half-time of the Three Lions’ dramatic qualifying victory over Poland on Tuesday.

It was intended to illustrate the idea that Hodgson wanted right-back Chris Smalling to play the ball more often to Townsend, who was terrorising the Polish defence.

At least one player believed to have felt gag aimed to stress passing to the winger against Poland had racist connotationsBut it is believed at one least one player was shocked, because he thought it carried racist connotations.

"I would like to apologise if any offence has been caused by what I said at half-time," he said.

"There was absolutely no intention on my part to say anything inappropriate. I made this clear straight away to Andros in the dressing room.

"I also spoke to Andros again on Wednesday. He has assured me and The FA he did not take any offence, and understood the point I was making in the manner I intended."

The joke, which Hodgson is believed to have told in full, is one that was popular at American space agency NASA.

“NASA decided they’d finally send a man up in a capsule after sending only monkeys in the earlier missions,” the joke goes.

“They fire the man and the monkey into space.

“The intercom crackles, 'Monkey, fire the retros.'

“A little later, 'Monkey, check the solid fuel supply.'

“Later still, “Monkey, check the life support systems for the man.'

“The astronaut takes umbrage and radioes NASA, 'When do I get to do something?'

“NASA replies, 'In 15 minutes - feed the monkey.'”

Roy-Hodgson-bunny-hop.gif

Scum

I've just got into this ultimate team shite with my brother in Fifa, can someone explain how people have such amazing teams? This guy we played had Barcelona x Real Madrid, and this is in division 6. Another guy and Falcao and Van Perise up front. How's he done that? The game didn't even come out that long ago.

Are these people just spending loads of real money on packs and coins?
Yep. It's a cash cow for EA. That's how some people play the game now. I'm still waiting for EA to announced FUT as a separate thing.

Clegg

You can't sign Lewandowski in FM 14. He has a pre-contract agreement with Bayern in the game.

Januzaj got a nice little upgrade in stats too. Kovacic is a very handy player and is relatively cheap. Clubs make more offers for your players too.

Kassu

Banned
I just finished Beyond few days ago and actually liked it, though I also liked Heavy Rain so I don't know. Game itself was quite depressing for me, specifically since I'm already having a hard time with my life lately and I've been depressed for about few months now. I even bought Sound Shapes from PS Store earlier just to hope it makes me feel better tomorrow.

And apparently Saturday will be a deciding day, my girlfriend comes back from her vacation and I'm going to talk about our future with her since she has been quite distant lately. Also if Arsenal lose to Norwich on that day, I really think our season is over and the cycle continues. I feel I might get positive results from both but there's always chance that everything will just go downhill and then I really don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I just finished Beyond few days ago and actually liked it, though I also liked Heavy Rain so I don't know. Game itself was quite depressing for me, specifically since I'm already having a hard time with my life lately and I've been depressed for about few months now. I even bought Sound Shapes from PS Store earlier just to hope it makes me feel better tomorrow.

And apparently Saturday will be a deciding day, my girlfriend comes back from her vacation and I'm going to talk about our future with her since she has been quite distant lately. Also if Arsenal lose to Norwich on that day, I really think our season is over and the cycle continues. I feel I might get positive results from both but there's always chance that everything will just go downhill and then I really don't know what to do with my life anymore.

As an advice, take Arsenal's result out of your equation. You can do nothing about it. Seriously, burn a jersey or something.

I hope you patch things up with your girlfriend though. Godspeed.

Kassu

Banned
As an advice, take Arsenal's result out of your equation. You can do nothing about it. Seriously, burn a jersey or something.

I hope you patch things up with your girlfriend though. Godspeed.

Yeah I know and regardless what happens with my girlfriend I probably will have something else to think about than football then. It just helps to think about football now since everything else seems too depressing

Barzul

Arsenal is not losing to Norwich. Not with Carzola, Ozil and Walcott all fit and Ramsey and Ground maintaining their form. I'm going for a 5-0 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom