• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do us proud, Linius+1

@Zabo,my resolution is set up properly, those shots seem to be as good as I can get it looking, in that edgy hangar at least :p

Weird hiccup in the game though, when I change the resolution to my actual resolution (1366x768) it cuts the edges off, so I'm having to play (well, walk) in 1280x768.

Don't understand the people blowing a gasket because of the screen ratio and black bars in Beyond (and presumably The Order.) I didn't even notice them until I was like 6 hours in.

Zabojnik

@Zabo,my resolution is set up properly, those shots seem to be as good as I can get it looking, in that edgy hangar at least :p

Weird hiccup in the game though, when I change the resolution to my actual resolution (1366x768) it cuts the edges off, so I'm having to play (well, walk) in 1280x768.

I only just realized that those screenshots are 1280x768, lol. What the hell is your PC connected to, a 7 years old HDTV? :) Go full HD, there should be a substantial improvment with the addition of 8X MSAA. Turn off motion blur, leave FOV at default, go for close-up shots. But yeah, the basic hangar isn't exactly the best environment for beatuy shots.

FootballFan

Dailyfail did a pretty big story on Januzaj's family. From his club situation to the war that hit his family really hard.

Wow Januzaj. What a legend.

So good.

edit
from that article:

So, just how do you say Januzaj?

There have been plenty of attempts at pronouncing his surname, with the family surprised at some of the different variations.

But Manchester United officials, and the youngster himself, have confirmed the correct way to say his last name is ‘Yan-uh-zai’.

:lol

rodvik

One day I went on 4chan's pony board and this is what I found on the first page.

Never again.

wow.

71206-littlefinger-speechless-gif-ga-3Ko2.gif

sohois

It's not our fault no one else talks about their fetus except for Arnie. It doesn't help that there's no club football to talk about and English media is going ape shit over him.

Most people are content to talk about there clubs, but on topics other than youth teams - you know, stuff like the first team and their performance, more important things. Even the formations are better than bleating other random 16 year olds - and even though Januzaj is playing for the first team, there are 20 odd other players to be talking about, one needn't be the entire focus of attention.. I mean, I could wax lyrical about the Liverpool youth setup and some of their various prospects, but I don't really think it would be interesting to anyone other than the 'pool fans in this thread, so I don't talk about it unless someone else brings it up as a topic.

Lightning

Banned
Januzaj should wait for January and see what offers come his way. He could make a lot of money either way with the amount of hype United and the media have decided to put on him.

FootballFan

There's something about Januzaj, he's different. He will come 3rd in the Ballon d'Or race in 3-4 years. (1.Neymar, 2.GOAT, 3.Belgian lad)

Salazar

even though Januzaj is playing for the first team, there are 20 odd other players to be talking about, one needn't be the entire focus of attention.

Not that simple.

Can't talk about Young. Makes me too angry.
Ditto Rooney.
Ditto Valencia.
Can't talk about Ferdinand. He's too fragile.
Ditto Vidic.
Can't talk about RVP without jinxing him.
Can't talk about Shinji cos he doesn't play.
Can't talk about Fellaini. Shit's depressing.
Ditto Anderson.
Can't talk about ClevGod without circling back to synonyms for "tidy".
Can't talk about Nani because folks get mad.
Can't talk for any extended period about Phones. It's like that spell that surrounds Hogwarts - you just think of other things and wander off.

Meier

Adnan's blowing up just makes it that much sadder that Viva (man, I couldn't remember his GAF name for like 10 mins) got so excited the fake twitter account tweeted at him. So close!

Most people are content to talk about there clubs, but on topics other than youth teams - you know, stuff like the first team and their performance, more important things. Even the formations are better than bleating other random 16 year olds - and even though Januzaj is playing for the first team, there are 20 odd other players to be talking about, one needn't be the entire focus of attention.. I mean, I could wax lyrical about the Liverpool youth setup and some of their various prospects, but I don't really think it would be interesting to anyone other than the 'pool fans in this thread, so I don't talk about it unless someone else brings it up as a topic.

Not sure any complaints are valid when video game discussion happens in this thread. Football is football. With the international break there is no first team player worth mentioning that hasn't already been discussed. Besides, youth players are very exciting when they're first coming up after impressing in the youth ranks. If you guys want to complain about being drowned out by United fans start posting more about your players.

edit: It doesn't help that Wilbur is banned.

I only just realized that those screenshots are 1280x768, lol. What the hell is your PC connected to, a 7 years old HDTV? :) Go full HD, there should be a substantial improvment with the addition of 8X MSAA. Turn off motion blur, leave FOV at default, go for close-up shots. But yeah, the basic hangar isn't exactly the best environment for beatuy shots.

The TV is 3 or 4 years old, but it's1080p and makes 1080p PS3 games look clean as fuck. That is full HD isn't it?

Gonna have to buy a recent, graphics-intensive, complete game to see what's up I think

I'd rather people talked about Januzaj than Pokemon.

GorillaJu

You know when you hear the same song over and over again and it literally makes you start to feel dizzy and sick, like when your neighbor is in love with the new JT single and you hear the same baseline as they have it on repeat for 5 hours a day.

That's what reading this thread is like.

You know when you hear the same song over and over again and it literally makes you start to feel dizzy and sick, like when your neighbor is in love with the new JT single and you hear the same baseline as they have it on repeat for 5 hours a day.

That's what happens when there is an international break. Club football comes to a halt and after 3-4 days of the last game there is no more to talk about. The topics concerning United currently are the Zaha-Ravel shoving match, Januzaj's international loyalites, and his contract situation.

It's incredibly slow and no one is talking about football. Video games are the only thing keeping this thread alive.

Zabojnik

The TV is 3 or 4 years old, but it's1080p and makes 1080p PS3 games look clean as fuck. That is full HD isn't it?

Gonna have to buy a recent, graphics-intensive, complete game to see what's up I think

So why are the SC shots you've taken 1280x768, which is a really weird resolution ratio wise, instead of 1920x1080?

Lightning

Banned

International break almost over. Not long to go now and you are lucky as Liverpool are the first PL club in action.

Depending which Newcastle team turns up could be a decent game.

sohois

Not that simple.

Ditto Rooney.
Ditto Valencia.
Ditto Vidic.
Ditto Anderson.
Can't talk for any extended period about Phones. It's like that spell that surrounds Hogwarts - you just think of other things and wander off.

I assumed this might get posted; I suppose it is a fairly valid complaint. I guess the essence of the problem is not individual posters or topics but the number of posters who support United, a team currently in a difficult transition. This thread has seen complaints before about the big team dominance and how many posters there are for certain teams, United just happen to have the most posters and so they are the group who come in for the most criticism.

Not sure any complaints are valid when video game discussion happens in this thread. Football is football. With the international break there is no first team player worth mentioning that hasn't already been discussed. Besides, youth players are very exciting when they're first coming up after impressing in the youth ranks. If you guys want to complain about being drowned out by United fans start posting more about your players.

edit: It doesn't help that Wilbur is banned.

Two wrongs don't make a right, that there is occasionally too much video game talk and it can be annoying doesn't mean its ok to try and 'drown out' the annoyance with some of your own.

It's a legitimate point that during the international break topics are scarce, but I think the issue is that the Januzaj flood has been occurring for some months. Again I go back to the previous point that the issue is largely due to how many United fans there are and it being much more prominent. It's a difficult problem to try and solve I think

Mexico is so bad right now. The team plays so slow and lack creativity. The European based players are playing horrible. The mexican league based players aren't doing any better. It's so bad they recalled Rafael Marquez to help out. Of course, that was a failure. The midfield is a joke. Zavala doesn't do anything. The fullbacks are constantly being rotated and none have impressed. The CBs are all prone to mistakes. Gio plays like he's handicapped by the coaches and is basically Theo Walcott for Mexico. Vela is Will Smith's father and doesn't want Mexico.

Chicharito isn't taking his few chances and he's become the scapegoat of the entire team. The fans hate him because they think a United player should be more than a poacher and because he scores a good amount for United he receives a lot of praise by Mexican media. They think a poacher doesn't deserve that much attention and they hate him for it. Even when he was clinical and scoring every game for Mexico, the opinion was diviided. Now that he's been in bad form the hate is at an all time high. it's gotten to the point that he cried after the game for missing a penalty.

-------------------

Japan is a joke right now too. Maeda and Havenaar have always been useless for Japan and now Kakitani has been useless for Japan. There is just no service for him as Japan loves to play with the ball too much and loves to walk the ball into the net. The opposition is always forced to play counter attacking football and it works every time. Their defense, not that their cbs are any good, is left exposed by the aging midfield and are always defending with the other team running at them. The other team's few chances always end up in the back of the net.

The team is basically Shinji and Honda trying to play 1-2s in hopes of finding a through ball to give to Nagatomo or Uchida. Nagatomo never gets to run at defenders and has to play a shit cross or give it back to Shinji or Endo who will play it back the cbs. The few chances Japan get always fall to Okazaki instead of the forward and he always fucks it up.

A lot of Japanese fans are doubting Zaccheroni right now. Zac should just switch to a 433 to help out the midfield and the defense. The striker is wasted in the current set up as it is.

He should also call up Usami. After playing in the Bundesliga he's made his way back to Gamba Osaka in style. He's basically going ape shit over their defenders and scoring/assisting at will.

Looks a lot like Shinji's time in J League 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3SmOxNP_Oc

--------------------------

Korea looks a bit better with Ki back in the team. The defense is still a joke and their striker is still bad. Their best attackers are Koo, Son, Kim Bo Kyung, and Lee Chung Yong. They don't like playing Son as the lone striker so you can only fit 3 of them at once. Son or Kim get benched. I would personally sit Koo on the bench as he's the least effective of the 3, but he's the captain so it won't happen.

Korea and Japan's problems are almost the same. Bad strikers and bad centerbacks. The difference is that Korea has a slightly better midfield, while Japan easily has the better fullbacks. Japan has much more depth with attacking midfielders and their cbs are also better.

I wouldn't expect much (relative to their standard) from these 3 teams in the World Cup. They certainly don't look as good as the last World Cup cycle.

Two wrongs don't make a right, that there is occasionally too much video game talk and it can be annoying doesn't mean its ok to try and 'drown out' the annoyance with some of your own.

It's a legitimate point that during the international break topics are scarce, but I think the issue is that the Januzaj flood has been occurring for some months. Again I go back to the previous point that the issue is largely due to how many United fans there are and it being much more prominent. It's a difficult problem to try and solve I think

Other fans should start posting more about their team. There are a lot of United fans, but the only people that watch the reserves as much as United fans are Liverpool fans. That's part of the reason why United gets posted about so much as well. I never see Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.. fans posting about their youth. United fans simply have more topics to cover when we watch more than the first team. There's also a lot of people that complain about the amount of United discussion happening in this thread and rarely post. They should start posting more. I read more about Juve than I do certain clubs that have more fans on gaf because they actually post about their club. There's like 4 or 5 of them too. Other posters should emulate Juve gaf.

So I'm thinking of starting in Football Manager Classic this time, since there'll be crossplay with the Vita version and I'm thinking of going for a lower league club first.

Any idea which club I should take, and any tips for it?

Halilovic is going to play in that. Should get an individual award if the hype surrounding him is justified.

He's the tiny kid in that one picture with Ibra, right? I remember him from this year's U17 Euros. He wasn't enough to stop the Russian powerhouse from winning the title there. I expect no different here.

dc89

Not that simple.

Ditto Rooney.
Ditto Valencia.
Ditto Vidic.
Ditto Anderson.

Talking of Ditto.
I need to catch one.

Edit: Someone said my 3DS FC is wrong in the Google Doc.
0060-9590-2229

I've just added Wilbz and Willkiller - add me back!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal is not losing to Norwich. Not with Carzola, Ozil and Walcott all fit and Ramsey and Ground maintaining their form. I'm going for a 5-0 win.

Norwich have no spine at all, they were 1-0 up at the Emirates last season with 10 minutes to go, lost 3-1. They'll make it difficult but they'll get humped by the end.

Halilovic is going to play in that. Should get an individual award if the hype surrounding him is justified.

I think we're going to sign him at the end of the season.

Blablurn

I'm watching Beyond on YouTube as well. The story itself is interesting. I like it. But yeah, I don't feel like I'm missing much by not playing it. But it looks waaaay better than Heavy Rain so far.

Barzul

Goal saying Wenger extending his contract by 2 years.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...88/wenger-agrees-to-sign-new-arsenal-contract
Overall I think it's a good move, if you told me players like Ramsey would be where they are at right now 2 years ago, I wouldn't have believed you. It seems like he's finally finishing the squad building he started a few years back. Just need that world class keeper and striker. Although I think he sticks with Szczesny,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom