• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Yes. Except they'll be in the "special pot" by themselves. By design it will be the very first team drawn and then they will only be able to draw the non-European teams from the seeded pot to ensure than there is no group with 3 European teams in it.

It's what happened to Serbia in 2006.

Cheers!

Btw, my parents are going to Saint Petersburg next year :p

Walshy

San Marino challenge?
It's a challenge that's really popular on FM forums. Basically, you take control of San Marino (the club) who are competing in Italian Serie C1 (3rd tier) and lead them all the way to Serie A championship and continental success. At the same time your goal is to take San Marino (the national team) from being virtually the worst member amongst FIFA affiliated teams to become a respectable football country, and eventually contend for major international tournaments.

Linius

It's a challenge that's really popular on FM forums. Basically, you take control of San Marino (the club) who are competing in Italian Serie C1 (3rd tier) and lead them all the way to Serie A championship and continental success. At the same time your goal is to take San Marino (the national team) from being virtually the worst member amongst FIFA affiliated teams to become a respectable football country, and eventually contend for major international tournaments.

Well Gibraltar is coming in to play now. They'll be the smallest FIFA member looking at the local population. Only 30.000 people over there.

Linius

I can make it so that the spreadsheet is 'read only' so you guys won't make a mess of it. But that would mean I'd have to edit everyone in. I expected we would better than this :(

FootballFan

I can make it so that the spreadsheet is 'read only' so you guys won't make a mess of it. But that would mean I'd have to edit everyone in. I expected we would better than this :(

Are people editing friend codes too? because some of the codes were "incorrect". Wish Nintendo used usernames and not codes though.

uck_my_ick is so much easier to remember/add than 2482.2194.2158.5621

It could always be a lurker who's a member(probably a Madridista).

Wjvl9.png

IT WAS ME, FF.

i don't know who did it.

Ok that sounds interesting. I guess I'll do that with an 3rd tier English team.

FootballFan

He's at it again.

A little :) , but on this occasion I genuinely didn't have the time

Well while studying I saw girl #2 and we waved at each other. We sat at opposite tables and I texted her. And here's where the trouble started:

Me: Had ur lunch?

Her: No. Skipping lunch today.

Me: Hardcore ;D My friends are busy too so I guess I gotta go alone.

Her: Oh...Sorry.

Me: Haha no prob, that wasn't an appeal or anything you know ;)

Her: I know...but I kinda feel bad. That's all.

Me: Don't. Ignore my last couple of texts, they were kinda pathetic.

Her: Chill out man.

Me: It's cool.

Godammit.

rvy

Banned
Her: No. Skipping lunch today.

Me: Hardcore

Me: Don't. Ignore my last couple of texts, they were kinda pathetic.

Her: Chill out man.

Will somene please tell this motherfucker to stop embarassing himself and making me feel embarassed for him?! How can you be so socially inept.

For fucks sake.

sohois

Yeah basically as you progress you better your facilities and training ground and San Marino starts producing a lot better players, it's great fun.

That sounds like my kind of game, I've always preferred to take the lower division teams and try and move them up the ladder; usually I would go with York city in the conference, though they got promoted recently so I can't use them anymore. I also tried Dresden in the German third division, but they were way too easy, I was dominating the Bundesliga in about 5 years. Even York was a bit too easy, though the Premiership is a big challenge moving through the lower divisions is a piece of cake. Definitely gonna have to try San Marino.

Jack cw

i love it too when u r bitchy :D

Hehe but in the end I have to admit that MGS4 killed the series for me. I enjoy playing MGS1-3 which are great games with mediocre to great stories but knowing how cheap MGS4 ended I cant get anything positive out of it. I seriously hope that MGS5 retcons so much that MGS4 disappears out of the canon...

arkon

This season of the League has been so fucking funny

I've enjoyed them all so far. Haven't started the new season yet. I look at it as what Inbetweeners UK would be like if you followed those guys into later life. The fantasy football is just an excuse for them to meet and to rip on each other. Top bantz.

Also, love Rafi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We all turn to hyping our youngsters when our first team is doing shit in the league. It's happening to United now, it happened to Liverpool and Juve (me personally) a couple of years ago.

Fuck you Ciro Immobile.

Salazar

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 16m
Gazidis refers to Bale/Spurs poster that was in NY:"Unfortunately he doesn't play for Tottenham Hotspur. He now plays for one of our rivals"

Rivals for what, Gazidis ?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It takes a few episodes for S1 to really get going though and S2 is...well...I found it pretty annoying (until the last few episodes).

I have only seen one episode, but -

No, Yurt. It is not good. Not even if you were in prison and it was on a little tv in the corner of your cell.

No. I had to sit through a season finale of it and I couldn't stop laughing at how shit it was. The others got upset.

Ahahahah oh my
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

annoying little kid
There's a kid in the show? Fuck it then.

thnx guys!

Hixx

Ffs our Carling Cup game has been put back a week because the coppers can't be bothered to police two games in two days.

Cunts.

Slizz

You guys should be watching American Horror Story: Coven instead of some fairy tale bs.

It's got death vaginas and skinny white witch girls

i8ZPn1XVA8Vws.gif

Hixx

I always mean to watch American Horror Story on Netflix.

But last time I went to, I started watching Continuum which isn't terrible and then I started rewatching Futurama the next time.

Maybe next time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ancelotti "For Pirlo we will be prepared – he will be marked by two bulldogs."

71942-what-would-you-do-with-a-brain-pXVc.gif

Has anyone here played The Wolf Among Us yet and does it fix any of the problems The Walking Dead had? Stuff like poo characters and middling writing.

It's fucking brilliant. And this is coming from someone who hated The Walking Dead.

There's no filler or tracking back for fetch quests.

Slizz

I always mean to watch American Horror Story on Netflix.

But last time I went to, I started watching Continuum which isn't terrible and then I started rewatching Futurama the next time.

Maybe next time.

Not available in Germany yet, we're only at episode 4 of S2. :(

S2 is way better than S1.

S3 just started so it's still feeling itself out, its pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom