• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reports that Vidal missed his flight back to Torino, and will be fined and benched for the match v Fiorentina.

Vidal was supposed to be on same flight as Isla (who made it to Vinovo today) but was absent. Press says due to WC qualification partying.

sell him

for 1 dollar

Zabojnik

The display resolution is only 1366x768

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-80-32-lcd/kdl-32ex301/technical-specifications#tab

Does the game resolution not have to match up with the TV/monitor?

It usually does, but since your TV supports 1080p input video signals, that's the resolution you should set in SC, at least for screenshot capturing. I just find it odd that the screenshots you posted are in 1280x768. At the very least they should be 1366x768, which is your TV's native resolution.

sell him

for 1 dollar

Wow. Conte will not be happy, and I'd love to see his next conversation with Vidal :D

Redeem Yourself! Score a Goal! *That's what I imagine him saying in that gif

it9NM2WRLZJzc.gif

Sigh. I can't stay mad at you. - Cunte

ibkIFSTF3C5Rsa.gif

I don't have a gif of him hugging Vidal.

It usually does, but since your TV supports 1080p input video signals, that's the resolution you should set in SC, at least for screenshot capturing. I just find it odd that the screenshots you posted are in 1280x768. At the very least they should be 1366x768, which is your TV's native resolution.

Yeah, when I set the game to 1366x768 it cuts the edges off. Its as though the game disagrees with the actual resolution, and insists that the TV is smaller or something :D

Arnie

Richards is such a boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_eVbx5PB50&feature=youtu.be

He slips during filming a TV Advert, so he pretends to be injured. You gotta see the faces of the photographer and the marketing lady. They are literally shitting their pants.
Hilarious.

As is Yurt's avatar.

As is the front cover of Sport magazine this week.

A fucking picture of Petr Cech captioned with 'THE THINKER'.

Get fucked. I'm thinking right now. I'm thinking Petr Cech's a lemon.

Zabojnik

Yeah, when I set the game to 1366x768 it cuts the edges off. Its as though the game disagrees with the actual resolution, and insists that the TV is smaller or something :D

That's because of HDMI overscan. Check your TV's settings, you should be able to turn it off. Look for something like "screen settings", "display area", "full pixel". Then, set your resolution to 1920x1080 in SC and see if your TV is able to display it. It should, since it's full HD compatible. Then, proceed to take screenshots. :)

Meier

http://i.minus.com/ibxaipKL7KKow0.gif[img]

Ingame footage supposedly, dayum!

Lost interest in the NBA after the 90s but I might pick this up for the PS4.[/QUOTE]

I'll believe it when I see it, but I sure hope so. NBA 2k was one of my favorite series back in the day (I played 2k11 and 2k12 a bit recently). One series I keep wanting to try is the NHL one.. I loved those games back in that Dreamcast era too (even if they weren't from EA).

Nyx

I'll believe it when I see it, but I sure hope so. NBA 2k was one of my favorite series back in the day (I played 2k11 and 2k12 a bit recently). One series I keep wanting to try is the NHL one.. I loved those games back in that Dreamcast era too (even if they weren't from EA).

Yeah hockey games can be lots of fun as well, think NHL 07 is the last one I played though.

That's because of HDMI overscan. Check your TV's settings, you should be able to turn it off. Look for something like "screen settings", "display area", "full pixel". Then, set your resolution to 1920x1080 in SC and see if your TV is able to display it. It should, since it's full HD compatible. Then, proceed to take screenshots. :)

Cheers, will try it out tomorrow.

Off to work :(

@FF, I could do with one of those $200 Monster HDMI cables :p

Tc91

Rain needs to be removed from Fifa. Or at least have an option where you can untick it. Makes all your players so heavy and slow and shit.

dc89

The problem is that when Joe Hart has a great game, you see all the headlines asking if he is the best keeper in the world. Then Manchester City concede a few goals and suddenly he is not good enough.

Based Cech

What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!

Less than it used to but
Normally anyone reaching a 30 per cent shareholding in a company triggers a compulsory full takeover bid – as it did for Stan Kroenke with Arsenal in 2011
In this case, as there is already a majority shareholder – Stan – this ‘rule’ will not be enforced by the Takeover Panel (Takeover Panel ‘rules’ are very broad and the Panel can basically decide whatever it thinks is fair in the individual situation)
In fact Alisher Usmanov/R&W can make a bid any time they want to anyway, as can anyone else, and for all I know Mr Usmanov phones Stan every week with a bid that Stan rejects
Up until summer 2012 there was a Premier League rule that implied that anyone holding 30 per cent of a club was deemed an ‘owner’, and owners have to certify all large financial transactions; thus if you had 30 per cent you needed access to all the financial information in order to comply
The Premier League changed this rule in 2012 to make it clear that if there is a majority shareholder then no one else needs to be an ‘owner’, so Mr Usmanov seems most unlikely to get access to anything now he’s reached 30 per cent
Nonetheless he continued to buy shares since summer 2012, and it seems pretty certain that he has had sufficient shares lined up for some months and was just waiting for the right moment to put them into his name and announce he now has 30 per cent
The benefit of reaching 30 per cent, given Takeover Panel decisions and PL rule changes, seems purely symbolic – unless Mr Usmanov has something up his sleeve; I look forward to finding out soon
In legal terms, Stan still holds all the cards. His 66 per cent is enough for complete day to day control, and appointing whoever he likes to the Board – in fact just this morning he re-appointed himself, despite some at the AGM voting against!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mus60la7mB1qcsunko2_500.gif

guys

tumblr_mus60la7mB1qcsunko3_500.gif

just look at him

he's talking about TVs and ships now

tumblr_mus60la7mB1qcsunko1_500.gif

ZABO IS DEAD

Salvadora

Usmanov isn't exactly known for playing fair though. And there's no doubt that he bought these shares a while back and only announced it now. There has to be a reason for doing so.
He wants to own Arsenal, no doubts about it. Unless he puts a hit out on Stan it ain't going to happen though, there just isn't any way he could do so.

I like that he seems like a genuine fan of Arsenal and I'm mildly curious about what it would be like to have an owner who not only of the wealthiest men on earth, but has also seen the inside of a Soviet prison. He makes Abramovich look like a child.

kharma45

I've decided to overhaul the team.

Sold Rooney to Barca for £25m

Sold Hernandez to Juve for £20m (4m up front, 12m spread over 18 months and £2m when he scores 20 goals for them)

Smalling to Arsenal for £12.5m

Young to Everton for £2.5

Arsenal wanted Smalling too in my game. I should've sold him and got Zouma or Papadoupolous.

Welbeck might see the boot in January for me, and I've Honda coming in on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom