• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

the best film i've seen this year is in the mood for love.

the best 2013 film is either gravity or before midnight.

Tc91

Taken the Shaktar job.

Got the Ukrainian national anthem up on Youtube.

Proud as out.

They want me to sign high profile players, but I've told the board I want a meeting in a few days to address that. Here's a sneak preview to the transcript of that conversation:

"I have one target in mind, as of now. He is not a high profile player. He doesn't even have a national team. He is Adnan John O'Shea and I'll have him at whatever the cost."

:looooooool you nutter.

Linius

I guess it won't be smart to watch Before Midnight without having seen the other films? Might watch all three of them this year then.

EDIT

That new cinematic trailer about Bruce Wayne is a thing of beauty.

I don't pee in the shower. That's just nasty.

Depends on how curved and deep your shower is.

Pacific Rim will end up in my top 10. A very big maybe for This Is the End. But Pain and Gain? You just have a crush on Sneijders wife :O

It was great time in the cinema. I didn't even know she was in it until my friends told me after.

Talking about films, I still have to see Captain Phillips. I heard it was really good.

Got it on my watch list but looks like it won't be coming here. Gotta wait for bluray.

Splatt

iEtl8mLEgs2sN.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro is the best.

Nice to see Ade back and looking sharp, I still think when he's on it he is our best striker for our 4231. He's got until January to prove he can still cut it for us.

Arnie

Sandro is the best.

Nice to see Ade back and looking sharp, I still think when he's on it he is our best striker for our 4231. He's got until January to prove he can still cut it for us.

Adebayor's a fucking cock.

Look at him, slotting a routine finish and acting the big one to the cameras whilst the game's already restarted.

Andre must think he's a right dickhead.

Just sell him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor's a fucking cock.

Look at him, slotting a routine finish and acting the big one to the cameras whilst the game's already restarted.

Andre must think he's a right dickhead.

Just sell him.

I'm pretty sure we will sell him, but I think he can still offer something. We played our best football in our 'top 4 challenger' era with him and VDV, perhaps he and Eriksen can replicate that.

Arnie

I'm pretty sure we will sell him, but I think he can still offer something. We played our best football in our 'top 4 challenger' era with him and VDV, perhaps he and Eriksen can replicate that.

You're one of the more optimistic people on here, but this is taking it too far.

Ade is done.

Eriksen could be top, but throwing that mong in front of him isn't the solution. Not sure Soldado is, either. Defoe did well in that video. He deserves to play more than Ade.

Meier

Can't get used to this fifa online, every player has the touch of a rapist.

Also feels like players who are really quick have no pace at all.

I am getting a PS4 just to play FIFA 14 Clubs on a next gen system. I hope I don't have the same issues as you. :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Talking about films, I still have to see Captain Phillips. I heard it was really good.

Saw it yesterday. Has Greengrass' stamp all over it, but I love his directing so I really enjoyed it. Hanks absolutely kills it in a couple of key scenes. Oscar nomination worthy for sure but I don't think he'll beat out our Chiwetel.

Best film I've seen this year (I haven't seen Before Midnight yet - I'm saving it).

Arnie

Anyone else think Defoe is the player that was "offended" by Woy's comments.
I reckon it was Milner the anti-saucy cunt.

Was such a crap joke though. Hodgson's a fucking parody. Just imagine him wobbling his way through that one surrounded by over a dozen exhausted men. Absolute owl. I want someone to keg him at the World Cup in front of 80,000 Frys.

Hixx

I might have posted this before but anyway

In 95/96 iirc the BBC made a show called Premier Passions. It followed SAFC through a season. Like Being Liverpool or whatever it was called just not a nauseating PR piece.

Gina McKee narrated. A-lister.

Anyway, this is a video of Reid and Sacko's management technique. My favourite bit is when we are playing Villa away and Sacko's taking the half time talk. Every other word is 'fuckin' and then he comes out with 'fuckin' minging' and I lose it.

He's mint.

edit: Micky Gray's pep talk as well. His pip-squeak voice. Dying

Arnie

I might have posted this before but anyway

In 95/96 iirc the BBC made a show called Premier Passions. It followed SAFC through a season. Like Being Liverpool or whatever it was called just not a nauseating PR piece.

Gina McKee narrated. A-lister.

Anyway, this is a video of Reid and Sacko's management technique. My favourite bit is when we are playing Villa away and Sacko's taking the half time talk. Every other word is 'fuckin' and then he comes out with 'fuckin' minging' and I lose it.

He's mint.
You got a link to the full thing.

Watched a minute and my dick was about to burst off. Love this sort of insight.

Can't stand Peter Reid, though. He was the premier chimp before that Welsh lad popped out of his mother's squat.

I'd be very surprised if Cate Blanchett doesn't win the Oscar next year for Blue Jasmine. She's stunningly good in the film, one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Arnie

Just reached 'that's fucking minging that' and I'm in fucking pieces.

No wonder these dumb cunts were weeded out of the game.

Clegg

I'd be very surprised if Cate Blanchett doesn't win the Oscar next year for Blue Jasmine. She's stunningly good in the film, one of the best performances I've ever seen.
Bit of a ride too.

Srsly. Was a strange juxtaposition seeing her beside Mc Kellen and Lee in the Hobbit.

Suen

'I'm the Player of the Century, Pele's award isn't worth sh*t' - Maradona

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has reignited his feud with Pele by claiming his recognition from Fifa is "not worth sh*t".

Maradona trumped his Brazilian counterpart to the Player of the Century award in 2000, collecting 53 per cent of the internet-based vote, while Pele's achievements were also recognised after he topped a poll of Fifa's "Football Family" at the same ceremony.

However, the 52-year-old feels that his rival's award is paled into insignificance by his own.

"In 2000 I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people. Pele was second," he told reporters. "He also came second behind [Aryton] Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.

"The award that Fifa gave Pele isn't worth sh*t."

Meanwhile, the former Argentina boss has also launched a scathing attack on Fifa's president Sepp Blatter and its senior delegates, questioning their competency level when they are "so old that they cannot even drive a car".

He added: "The Fifa directors are all over 95 years old!

"The people there are so old that they cannot even drive a car, so how do they lead the world of football?"
:lol he never fails to make me laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom