• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks guys!!

Shorty flew all the way from Canada and came to my work office to surprise me. Pretty fucking rad birthday!

sohois

http://i.imgur.com/yaypzFj.gif[/mg]

More people need to talk about their youths, come Sohois, wax lyrical about the Liverpool youth setup. Pls.

Happy birthday Laboured![/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose if you really want, I could take a moment to mention a perhaps somewhat unnoticed reserve player at Liverpool level - Armin Hodžić. There is a fairly good reason for this, with there being long periods where it wasn't even clear if the club had actually bought the player or not, work permit difficulties making it near impossible to bring him to England. It has finally been cleared up, though he remains at Bosnian side Zeljiznicar on loan for the rest of the year I believe, having already spent quite some time there.

He's an out-and-out striker, 18, from Bosnia as you probably guessed. It's quite ridiculous that there is really very little media or impressions to share on him as a Bosnian Premier League player, when if he were playing for Liverpool reserves there would be plenty of stuff. Few Liverpool fans have actual live impressions. From Bosnian fans it is said that he is rated higher even than Dzeko was, and his scoring record for the Bosnian youth teams is almost as impressive as Samed Yesil's, despite the inferior squad. In the Bosnian PL he has 4 goals that we know of, and reports are that his current loan is going fine as well. He's definitely one to look out for when he finally arrives, could make an immediate splash, particularly with the injury struggles of Yesil and the downfall of Morgan and Ngoo.

The fuck are these friendlies in 3-4 weeks time? Can we not go more than a month without international football now?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks guys!!

Shorty flew all the way from Canada and came to my work office to surprise me. Pretty fucking rad birthday!

Happy birthday!

Hixx

" ‏@SAFCsource 2m
Poyet on Bardsley: I made a decision with my staff, with the club and also with Phil that we will give him a chance."

Absolutely fucking sickening

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@SAFCsource 3m
Poyet: I think it's important we all try to forget about that & we'll see how he reacts. I hope he can be one of the best players out there.

I hope that some stunning lass is going to come and knock on my door and throw herself at me tonight

ITS NICE TO WANT THINGS, GUS.

3Sixty

" ‏@SAFCsource 2m
Poyet on Bardsley: I made a decision with my staff, with the club and also with Phil that we will give him a chance."

Absolutely fucking sickening

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@SAFCsource 3m
Poyet: I think it's important we all try to forget about that & we'll see how he reacts. I hope he can be one of the best players out there.

I hope that some stunning lass is going to come and knock on my door and throw herself at me tonight

ITS NICE TO WANT THINGS, GUS.

Haha.

Enjoy the Poyet era.

Fergie

Banned
Well, I suppose if you really want, I could take a moment to mention a perhaps somewhat unnoticed reserve player at Liverpool level - Armin Hodžić. There is a fairly good reason for this, with there being long periods where it wasn't even clear if the club had actually bought the player or not, work permit difficulties making it near impossible to bring him to England. It has finally been cleared up, though he remains at Bosnian side Zeljiznicar on loan for the rest of the year I believe, having already spent quite some time there.

He's an out-and-out striker, 18, from Bosnia as you probably guessed. It's quite ridiculous that there is really very little media or impressions to share on him as a Bosnian Premier League player, when if he were playing for Liverpool reserves there would be plenty of stuff. Few Liverpool fans have actual live impressions. From Bosnian fans it is said that he is rated higher even than Dzeko was, and his scoring record for the Bosnian youth teams is almost as impressive as Samed Yesil's, despite the inferior squad. In the Bosnian PL he has 4 goals that we know of, and reports are that his current loan is going fine as well. He's definitely one to look out for when he finally arrives, could make an immediate splash, particularly with the injury struggles of Yesil and the downfall of Morgan and Ngoo.
Bosnia youths up and coming and the country recently qualifying for the WC. Could inspire a few youths even further.

Dzeko is quality, needs a team suited to him.

Arsenal pls.

Thanks for the info mate.

dc89

Ivory Coast international midfielder Abdul Razak has joined Anzhi on a permanent basis.

Due to the terms of the deal that took Abdul to Russia initially on loan, his transfer became permanent after his first appearance against CSKA at the end of September.

Razak joined City from Crystal Palace in 2010 and was fast tracked into the first-team set up by Roberto Mancini in 2011.

February 2011’s 3-0 Premier League win over West Brom saw Abdul make his debut as a late substitute in place of David Silva.

His final appearance in a sky blue shirt came against Manchester United for the EDS in the Lancashire Senior Cup final in August.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Abdul all the best in his future career.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/2013/Razak-departs-and-Henshall-joins-Pirates-on-loan

Fuck SAKE!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd watch anything with Ron Perlman in it playing a badass.

hellboy_gif_karl_ruprecht_kroenen_by_dimabig-d4mjp4u.gif

Hey hey another Hellboy fan?
3AQmK.gif

3Sixty

Young LB we signed after Chelsea let him go signed a pro contract today.

How amazing would it be to well Shaw to chelsea for £30m and this kid step right in

Meier

Not a fan of letting Razak go permanently especially since Ibrahim is also off in January. Dunno what is going on with our guys on the fringe of the first team..clearly Txiki and Manuel are inclined to clear out and start over in terms of youth progression.

Not a fan of letting Razak go permanently especially since Ibrahim is also off in January. Dunno what is going on with our guys on the fringe of the first team..clearly Txiki and Manuel are inclined to clear out and start over in terms of youth progression.

Is Richards the only player near the first team to come from your youth setup?

edit: Joe Hart of course too

Meier

Is Richards the only player near the first team to come from your youth setup?

edit: Joe Hart of course too

Hart was a Shrewsbury Town youth product although he did move to City at a young age (18/19). Boyata and Guidetti are also youth products and technically in the first team but you'd not know it. The only two academy guys who will be in the first team next year or soon are Karim Rekik and Marcos Lopes (and by that time, Richards may be off to Newcastle or Roma).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom