• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Predictions for today:

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool
Stoke City 1-2 West Brom
Chelsea 1-1 Cardiff
Man United 2-1 Southampton
Swansea 2-0 Sunderland
Arsenal 4-0 Norwich
Everton 2-2 Hull
West Ham 0-3 Man City
Villa 2-3 Spurs
Palace 0-0 Fulham

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So what are your top 10 games of this generation, including all platforms (also PC)?

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Mirror's Edge
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Valkyria Chronicles
5. Zelda Skyward Sword
6. Xenoblade
7. Bioshock
8. Deus Ex Human Revolution
9. Pikmin 3
10. Fire Emblem Awakening

bjaelke

Liverpool FC @LFC
Confirmed #LFC team v Newcastle: Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Gerrard, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge.

Mastadon

Banned
Crackdown came out this generation. All your lists are invalid.

I played Crackdown after it was on Games with Gold. It was shit.

GotG:

1. RDR
2. Skyrim
3. Borderlands 2
4. CoD4
5. Portal 2
6. Arkham Asylum
7. Street Fighter 4
8. Fallout New Vegas
9. Assassins Creed 2
10. XCOM or Super Meat Boy

bjaelke

Newcastle United FC @NUFCOfficial
#NUFC v #LFC (4-3-3): Krul; Debuchy,Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon; Cabaye, Tiote (c), Sissoko; Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Remy.
I played Crackdown after it was on Games with Gold. It was shit.

GotG:

1. RDR
2. Skyrim
3. Borderlands 2
4. CoD4
5. Portal 2
6. Arkham Asylum
7. Street Fighter 4
8. Fallout New Vegas
9. Assassins Creed 2
10. XCOM or Super Meat Boy
oU3an7a.png

Suen

Diaby is out for almost another season again? Quit being a player, focus on becoming Wenger's successor.

Wooden how is the AJS service? Still working well? People say that the streaming quality has been horrible lately.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So what exactly pushed Rodgers towards using this 352? It seems to be working well.

Yen

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Portal 2
RDR
GTAV
The Walking Dead
Batman AA
BioShock
Super Mario Galaxy
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land.

WJD

1. Halo 3
2. RDR
3. Mirrors Edge
4. AC: Brotherhood
5. Alan Wake
6. inFamous 2
7. GTA V
8. Mass Effect 2
9. Bioshock Infinite
10. The Last of Us

But yeah, Adnan.

Feorax

So what exactly pushed Rodgers towards using this 352? It seems to be working well.

It think he's said before his preferred formation is 3 at the back, and he experimented with it last year. I guess he now thinks we have the personnel to pull it off effectively.

Yen

Strong centre backs (Sakho, Toure, Agger, Skrtel, Ilori), and allows Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho to all play in their natural positions. Rodgers has been calling it 3412, because the 1 is a distinct no 10, which is not the case with 352.
Allows our wing backs to go mental too.

Yen

It think he's said before his preferred formation is 3 at the back, and he experimented with it last year. I guess he now thinks we have the personnel to pull it off effectively.
I remember reading PoP on RAWK talking about how the Ajax team of the 90s (and I believe Barca under Cruyff too) transitioned to a 343. Probably not a massive stretch to assume Rodgers is taking inspiration from there.

1. The Last of Us
2. RDR
3. Uncharted 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
5. Batman AA/AC
6) GTA V
7) Mass Effect 2
8) TWD (and maybe The Wolf Among Us if it continues the way it's going)
9) Pokemon X
10) Deus Ex: HR

Linius

I bought Bioshock Infinite today so that might end up in my list if it's as good as people say. I'm not doing lists until I'm certain I've played every game I'd possibly add. Well except for one, I just don't have the time for Skyrim sadly.

I bought Bioshock Infinite today so that might end up in my list if it's as good as people say. I'm not doing lists until I'm certain I've played every game I'd possibly add. Well except for one, I just don't have the time for Skyrim sadly.
It's not that good.

Sorry :p

Linius

Why are some of you adding 3DS titles in there? I think seperating handheld and console gens would be easier since they never really go on the same pace. 360/PS3 are over, 3DS still has a few years to go.

LTWheels

Hopefully Johnson and Cissokho are fit and ready. Will be good to finally see us use this formation with 2 players who can actually play wingback. With better width hopefully this will free up our midfield a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom