• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

CbDxquS.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
1-1, eh? How was it, Ush?

Game of two halves. Spurs should have scored more in the first, Chelsea put Mata on at HT and took control. After the sending off they parked the bus but we still got through them and Defoe fluffed a match-winning chance.

Fair result overall and both teams will only get better from here. The biggsest positive for me is that unlike at the Emirates, we rolled our sleeves up and made it a scrap when the going got tough. A good derby.

Meier

I'm surprised how Barry was unceremoniously pushed out of the club, while Milner's place is safe.
Give it another transfer window and he could go I imagine. Barry's age and 1 year left on his deal didn't help. He just doesn't have the pace that MP would want from a midfielder I think. It's why he has mostly played Garcia at CB if I had to guess.

I think our manager made the right decisions on who to start today. Sigurdsson and Townsend both did well in the first half. Anyone who thinks Defoe should be starting ahead of Soldado... firstly, he never performs in games like this. Secondly, Soldado set up the goal. In that situation I guarantee that would have turned an smashed it into Jonh Terry's legs. And lastly, Defoe has proved over a number of years that he's not good enough to lead the line for Tottenham. 5-6 months ago you would all be saying this. That doesn't change just because be put a few past some terrible keepers and some really weak opposition.

Why didn't he start Lamela? I would guess that it's because Townsend is better at tracking back, and he's a much safer bet in a game like this. Also, it doesn't help his development in our side if you take him out when he hasn't done much wrong.

Why would you bet on West Ham? What insanity is this?

Even if we don't concede, we've made it pretty clear that we can't score without Carroll.

i'm a believer that every team, not matter how bad, eventually gets out of the slump for a few matches.

but this West Ham i'm watching, it's like the horse in Neverending Story.

pappe

Carrick and Shinji are never on the same wavelength.

Good work by Shinji. Shinji in the center is always threatening.

Wilbur

Banned
Agree with you Bungie. It's like people forget how poor Defoe is the majority of the time. Scores against second string Villa and some shit European sides and everyone loves him again. Always been a good poacher and nothing more.

United bros, how are we doing?

Not great. Some bright spells, mostly Nani. But there's hardly any pace in our attacks, we're just pretty boring. Jones is fucking shite at right back.

i'm a believer that every team, not matter how bad, eventually gets out of the slump for a few matches.

but this West Ham i'm watching, it's like the horse in Neverending Story.

We're just waiting until we can get Jarvis, Carroll & Downing fully fit and on the pitch at the same time, then, hopefully, the goals will come. Until then, well...fingers crossed that Diame does something magical, or Nolan scores a cheeky goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom