• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking hell we're rubbish. Front four are looking okay but we're so slow in playing it out from the back that WBA get bodies back before we can even do anything. I don't understand why we're always so reliant on playing it back to our centre halves and then to a full back. It's not like Barca where there's some grand passing/possession plan, it always looks like we do it because we have no idea how to press on further forward.

Fergie

Banned
Fellaini for Anderson would be good. RVP in as well, keep Kagawa, Rooney and Nani on though.

Chicha needs better chances but RVP would be a better sub.

Shit half, but looks a bit promising.

Fucking hell we're rubbish. Front four are looking okay but we're so slow in playing it out from the back that WBA get bodies back before we can even do anything. I don't understand why we're always so reliant on playing it back to our centre halves and then to a full back. It's not like Barca where there's some grand passing/possession plan, it always looks like we do it because we have no idea how to press on further forward.

can u smell dat mid-table?

can u smell dat Europa League?

#dead

Clegg

yeah he will is one of the worst players I have seen for United. i am amazed he has been there so luck.

When he scored against Arsenal in the FA cup back in 07 or 08 I could not believe that Andersen had beaten us.
Anderson was actually a good player back then. Don't rewrite history to make out he was always crap.

Wilbur

Banned
can u smell dat mid-table?

can u smell dat Europa League?

#dead

we're going to finish eighth

ihVzhtCcI4t1Y.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Because Moyes wants to create his OWN United goddammit! No more SAF's mechanical winning ways!

Anderson was actually a good player back then. Don't rewrite history to make out he was always crap.

You have strange interpretations of what it good. He has always been an average player, I did not Man Utd beating us, but the fact that Andersen ran the show was a sign of just how shit Arsenal were back then.

Clegg

You have strange interpretations of what it good. He has always been an average player, I did not Man Utd beating us, but the fact that Andersen ran the show was a sign of just how shit Arsenal were back then.
No he was pretty good back then. Its why we paid £25m for him in the first place. He started struggling with injures and fitness in 09-10. Hasn't been the same player since.

Rad-

I do think we are a bit to blame for Anderson. When we bought him, he was one of the most promising players in the world. Then we tried to mold him into Scholes mark II.

longdi

Banned
The hell are you talking about? He's been good.

Buttner and Anderfat have been shit however.

Chicha hasn't done much, but hasn't done anything wrong. His link up play has been good.

i think he is not tracking back enough.
does not get into good position to receive the ball.
when he has the ball he is not quick or incisive but slows down the attack.
one good cross, one okay lay back after a cheeky pass by micky rooney.
otherwise a passenger. he looks funny shouting and gesturing instructions while the rest of moyes boyes ignore him.

Anderfat was very highly rated as a youngster. Was probably top 3 player at the u17 world cup and went on to do well for Porto. Fergie bought him and tried to convert him to a midfielder. He's naturally an attacking midfielder. Then he became fat and shit.

No he was pretty good back then. Its why we paid £25m for him in the first place. He started struggling with injures and fitness in 09-10. Hasn't been the same player since.

hahahaha That much, Porto really know what they are doing.

Guesss we just have to disagree. Opinions are all subjective :D

i think he is not tracking back enough.
does not get into good position to receive the ball.
when he has the ball he is not quick or incisive but slows down the attack.
one good cross, one okay lay back after a cheeky pass by micky rooney.
otherwise a passenger. he looks funny shouting and gesturing instructions while the rest of moyes boyes ignore him.

1. I think he is, but he's still weak defensively as he's not good at tackling and gets tricked easily.
2. Yes he does. That's one of the best things he does. Moves around the most of anyone and he's also clever with some of his movements. He likes to slip in behind and between defenders, but midfielders sometimes don't recognize it. If they did recognize it he would be running at the back 4. The West Ham RVP offside goal where Shinji hit the post is a good example of that movement.
3. That is mixed. Often times, he's the one who does nice flicks to release teammates. Other times, he waits for Buttner to go wide or for someone to come inside to play a quick 1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom