• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

I have been here since May 2010. Decided to fuck off London, was only good for Arsenal.

Man you should be out in Gangnam or Hongdae on a saturday night!!!!!

edit; actually so should I, fuck Arsenal Saturday matches.

Ahh. I was in Hongdae earlier today and went to Dongdaemun after that. Shopped at Dongdaemun with the gf till midnight or so and came back to the hotel. Was actually planning to head to Itaewon or Homgdae for drinks but we were kind of worn out from all the shopping. Planning to head to Gangnam tomorrow afternoon and probably Myeongdong on Monday before flying back to Singapore on Tuesday. I'm not really into museums and historical stuff so it seems like there's not much to do in Seoul except shopping though I'm not much of a shopper either. Went to Yongsan yesterday to check out the tech stuff but it wasn't great.

WJD

Rio was definitely wank, but I'm not sure Fergie wouldn't have played him in a game like this. Jones just leaves me in despair whenever he's played anywhere but CB. I don't really think Buttner was responsible for anything that went wrong today.

My shit list for today is:

RVP
Fellaini
Anderson
Rio
Jones

Thought both RVP and Fellaini were incredibly disappointing when they came on.

I'm no body language expert but RVP's attitude has looked iffy as fuck this season,

Wilbur

Banned
Ferguson was Manchester United. This isn't Rodgers' Liverpool where he could leave, we'd be sad, and we'd start again. Its not even Wenger's Arsenal, where they'll have to rethink their financial, transfer, scouting and tactical strategies. Ferguson is the greatest manager of all time. He'd assembled a team of coaches, trainers, physios, made the playing side a well-oiled machine. He played the political side well, with the safety net of his reputation. For all intents and purposes, he was bigger than the Glazers.

Quite why Moyes dispensed with those title-winning coaches is a mystery to me, but the squad is the same with an added Fellaini and Zaha, the backroom is the same, the tactical setup should be the same. But the results are not there. Is he failing to motivate them sufficiently? Were the holes in the squad not plugged, holes which the team managed to cover last season without ever quite hiding them? Did Woodward's fuckery in the transfer window put an uncontendable albatross around his neck?

For me, its all of them. But in the same circumstances, Ferguson would have figured something out. If he'd wanted Fellaini, he'd have been training with Man Utd by the start of preseason. If you were losing to West Brom at home in the 70th minute, the scoreline would not have stayed the same until full time. If a hole in the squad was deemed unfixable in the short term, he'd have strengthened other areas to soften the blow.

The guy stank of success, and he'd have done everything in his power to get it. Moyes though? Fuck knows, early signs aren't promising.

Yeah.

Don't think we should be calling for his head just yet because its fucking rash, and we have to remember that Ferguson picked Moyes himself. But I'm very worried he's just out of his depth.

Not a bad choice? Check the score line.

Better yet, check the table.

This doesn't make sense.

We lost because of other reasons. One was taking Shinji off. Shinji should have stayed on and played with januzaj. Chicha should have been the one off. I have already said starting Jones and Buttner as the fullbacks was bad. They're not good enough offensively or defensively in that position. Our wingers get no help from them. There's a reason Shinji looked much better on the right last game with Rafa playing. Anderson was shit too, but that decision wasn't as bad seeing as he needed minutes. After playing like shit again, Moyes will now get further criticism should he start him again. Rio was also a bad decision. Rio is the one that needs more time off than Vidic and Rio is in shit form. So again, Januzaj playing wasn't a bad decision.

You already highlighted most of these shit decisions, but I felt like I should stress which ones were the worst ones.

Fergie

Banned
I'm no body language expert but RVP's attitude has looked iffy as fuck this season,
tumblr_ml946qpOIa1qg8ljto3_400.gif

No it is a fifa rule. you can not buy kids from another country for sporting reasons before 16.

It's not really a fucking loophole or bending the rules when their rules says there's an exception called :

"The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons not linked to football."

So yeah, get the parents with them so you avoid Felix Magath from importing half of the youth of Europe to Germany and you're fine.

It's not really a fucking loophole or anything when their rules says there's an exception called :

"The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons not linked to football."

So yeah, get the parents with them so you avoid Felix Magath from importing half of the youth of Europe to Germany and you're fine.

Yeah that is fine when parents genuinely move, but some clubs just give the parents easy jobs.

pulga

Banned
Suso stylin!

Yeah.

Don't think we should be calling for his head just yet because its fucking rash, and we have to remember that Ferguson picked Moyes himself. But I'm very worried he's just out of his depth.

ELCHE

I MEAN

WBA

you deserve it cunt <3

Yeah that is fine when parents genuinely move, but some clubs just give the parents easy jobs.

Of course they do and that was obviously going to happen, they were well aware of that... or they will get another job around there and what's wrong with that? It's parents moving with their kids, they can probably get a better job and they can see their kid training at the best facilities possible... Lets not pretend a 13 year old Korean would be as good off training in Korea until he turns 16, when he could move to Barca's academy instead, if anything it's great that they are allowed the same possibilities and not hindered by being from somewhere other than a certain amount of kilometers away from the club, which is some true dumbfuckery that the English FA has going on.

Wilbur

Banned
lol, Moyes says the Kagawa substitution was tactical.

Well Moyes is a fucking cunt.

Besides the result, that's what I'm horrifically disappointed in today. I honestly believe Adnan came on so they can say "well you'll get game time, sign the contract". Absolutely unfair for Shinji to go off considering he was one of the only players actually putting any effort in.

Moyes has really let himself down today. The team also, but I knew he'd come out and say the same old shit, controlling the game, blah blah, and he made some really poor decisions. Why promise, absolutely definitively promise a reaction to last week's defeat, and then that happens? He either needs to get on the players' fucking balls or do something himself.

Well Moyes is a fucking cunt.

Besides the result, that's what I'm horrifically disappointed in today. I honestly believe Adnan came on so they can say "well you'll get game time, sign the contract". Absolutely unfair for Shinji to go off considering he was one of the only players actually putting any effort in.

Moyes has really let himself down today. The team also, but I knew he'd come out and say the same old shit, controlling the game, blah blah, and he made some really poor decisions. Why promise, absolutely definitively promise a reaction to last week's defeat, and then that happens? He either needs to get on the players' fucking balls or do something himself.

You got your reaction. It was just in the wrong competition :p

Of course they do and that was obviously going to happen, they were well aware of that... or they will get another job around there and what's wrong with that? It's parents moving with their kids, they can probably get a better job and they can see their kid training at the best facilities possible... Lets not pretend a 13 year old Korean would be as good off training in Korea until he turns 16, when he could move to Barca's academy instead, if anything it's great that they are allowed the same possibilities and not hindered by being from somewhere other than a certain amount of kilometers away from the club, which is some true dumbfuckery that the English FA has going on.

It is there to protect kids, what is he does not succeed? Barca are gonna say fuck off to him and his parents.

It is unfair on local clubs who are not allowed a chance to get these players. football is a global game and players are nurtured well all over the world.

Plus they are only kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not even a fifa rule but most countries have employment rules regarding the moving of kids at such young ages.

I am not against a family moving to europe for the best chance for their kid, but when clubs use parenst to transfer kids it is unethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom