• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Really wish Kagawa started as a 10. Just give him a chance.

Blame isn't fully on Moyes. Our defence was a joke and some players are just out of form.

Moyes is learning and he should learn fast. Seeing how shit Young is just the start.

Of course its on moyes

Buttner? Jones at RB? Starting Anderson the Fat over Afrodude? Taking Kagawa off at HT for some fucking youth prospect? He's unfit to manage a club like United.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger should be careful with this Gnabry kid. Playing this frequently at his age can be dangerous.

He played 120 minutes against West Brom on Wednesday didn't he?
Yes he did but what choice do we have? Too many injuries and in a few weeks he will only get subbed minutes.

Wes

venison crêpe
De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Buttner; Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa; Rooney (C), Chicharito

I think I like it.
moyes i <3 u
We're a joke.
We're in trouble.

CqfEwxe.gif

My feeling is that Moyes isn't really doing things all that different from Fergie. It's just the players aren't playing for him in the same way they would for Fergie. You could see it in the tempo and accuracy of our play. The sloppy defensive mistakes. It's not like Moyes asked for that.

scouting the next korean star for the gunners, I see.

haha, one of my 6 year old students is a stud. scored 97 goals in his after school football league. other kids from my class were on about 10.

Knows more about football than any other kid I had ever met at that age. talking about Arsenal players from before he was born and he loved Ang Lee(the korean way for saying Henry)

Barzul

This is a good chance to create a good gap between us and other teams. Spurs don't seem to know their place, fucking annoying.

Of course its on moyes

Buttner? Jones at RB? Starting Anderson the Fat over Afrodude? Taking Kagawa off at HT for some fucking youth prospect? He's unfit to manage a club like United.

Januzaj going in wasn't a bad choice. He should have went in for Chicha instead though as Shinji was playing well and shifted Rooney to the striker role. Chicha didn't do much wrong, but just wasn't involved at all. The Buttner and Jones decisions were horrible though. Not sure what he sees in those two as fullbacks. Anderson is shit, but he needed minutes.

Wes

venison crêpe
That inspired Amalfitano substitution in to my fantasy team before this week when his price was just 5.0.

Suen

haha, one of my 6 year old students is a stud. scored 97 goals in his after school football league. other kids from my class were on about 10.

Knows more about football than any other kid I had ever met at that age. talking about Arsenal players from before he was born and he loved Ang Lee(the korean way for saying Henry)
send the kid to London, his future lies there, in Wenger's hands.

Wilbur

Banned
My feeling is that Moyes isn't really doing things all that different from Fergie. It's just the players aren't playing for him in the same way they would for Fergie. You could see it in the tempo and accuracy of our play. The sloppy defensive mistakes. It's not like Moyes asked for that.

Shouldn't be playing Rio after his horror show last weekend. He shouldn't be playing Jones at right back. He shouldn't be playing Buttner at all. He shouldn't be taking off one of our only two bright performers in the first half in order to convince an 18 year old he should be signing a new contract.

He made some poor decisions. He let us down, and the players themselves let him down.

Interesting. Would it then not be naive of Moyes to come in and expect the players to play a level above just because you're Manchester United?

Fergie

Banned
Of course its on moyes

Of course it isn't fully on Moyes. Buttner played good over the week, can't blame him for giving him a chance. The Kagawa business is a joke and Fellaini.

For everything else, Rio played like shit. Jones isn't a RB but he played utter crap.

Moyes might be making dodgy decisions but we haven't even scored from open play in the EPL since Swansea. We're playing crap.

Anyway it's early days and I'll remain Calma.

This is a good chance to create a good gap between us and other teams. Spurs don't seem to know their place, fucking annoying.

yeah, every team has its blips so it is important that we get as many points before that as we can. Hopefully we can get all our players healthy before Xmas games.

Lightning

Banned
Play Monreal on the left.
No! Gnarby is a good player. Why can he not play? It's not like he's asked to play like this over a season or any extended period of time. Rosciky and co returning will surely send him back to the bench and he needs to make the most of his game time.

Ideally he shouldn't have played the league cup game though.

WJD

Shouldn't be playing Rio after his horror show last weekend. He shouldn't be playing Jones at right back. He shouldn't be playing Buttner at all. He shouldn't be taking off one of our only two bright performers in the first half in order to convince an 18 year old he should be signing a new contract.

He made some poor decisions. He let us down, and the players themselves let him down.

When I saw him warming up I was all excited thinking Kagawa would be moved behind Rooney or something. I guess we still don't know if Shinji picked up a knock though.

send the kid to London, his future lies there, in Wenger's hands.

he is an Arsenal fan because of Park Ju young,

Barca actually signed a 13 year old korean, they make me sick how they constantly bend the fifa rules about under age players. They make the whole thing a joke.

Wes

venison crêpe
Great pictures AA! I can't wait to see the highlights on Match of the Day tonight. Should be first or second billing!

pulga

Banned
Januzaj going in wasn't a bad choice. He should have went in for Chicha instead though as Shinji was playing well and shifted Rooney to the striker role. Chicha didn't do much wrong, but just wasn't involved at all. The Buttner and Jones decisions were horrible though. Not sure what he sees in those two as fullbacks. Anderson is shit, but he needed minutes.

Not a bad choice? Check the score line.

Better yet, check the table.

Folks go down the wrong path when they think of it as anything but one of a gigantic array of tremendously contingent influences.

Bollocks to Anderson. Bollocks to the Glazer filth.

Ferguson was Manchester United. This isn't Rodgers' Liverpool where he could leave, we'd be sad, and we'd start again. Its not even Wenger's Arsenal, where they'll have to rethink their financial, transfer, scouting and tactical strategies. Ferguson is the greatest manager of all time. He'd assembled a team of coaches, trainers, physios, made the playing side a well-oiled machine. He played the political side well, with the safety net of his reputation. For all intents and purposes, he was bigger than the Glazers.

Quite why Moyes dispensed with those title-winning coaches is a mystery to me, but the squad is the same with an added Fellaini and Zaha, the backroom is the same, the tactical setup should be the same. But the results are not there. Is he failing to motivate them sufficiently? Were the holes in the squad not plugged, holes which the team managed to cover last season without ever quite hiding them? Did Woodward's fuckery in the transfer window put an uncontendable albatross around his neck?

For me, its all of them. But in the same circumstances, Ferguson would have figured something out. If he'd wanted Fellaini, he'd have been training with Man Utd by the start of preseason. If you were losing to West Brom at home in the 70th minute, the scoreline would not have stayed the same until full time. If a hole in the squad was deemed unfixable in the short term, he'd have strengthened other areas to soften the blow.

The guy stank of success, and he'd have done everything in his power to get it. Moyes though? Fuck knows, early signs aren't promising.

he is an Arsenal fan because of Park Ju young,

Barca actually signed a 13 year old korean, they make me sick how they constantly bend the fifa rules about under age players. They make the whole thing a joke.

Barca aren't breaking any rules that I know of. It's an english rule that the clubs can't buy kids outside of a certain radius before age 16.

Rio was definitely wank, but I'm not sure Fergie wouldn't have played him in a game like this. Jones just leaves me in despair whenever he's played anywhere but CB. I don't really think Buttner was responsible for anything that went wrong today.

My shit list for today is:

RVP
Fellaini
Anderson
Rio
Jones

Thought both RVP and Fellaini were incredibly disappointing when they came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom