• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Call me crazy but Ive grown to like the font

Nothing wrong with it.

Was never an issue. People be hating.

tumblr_mpkxahfEgE1rsxo3uo1_250.gif

Lightning

Banned
O7nMBhh.png

Gnabry has a proper man crush on Ozil, which I approve of.

Built like a truck for an 18 year old, and knows his defensive duties. Could give Walcott a run for his money. He has a similar build to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
I think it shows our midfield depth is actually quite strong. We also have Ryo who is getting game time is some matches too.

Striker, defence and Szczesny and we can be a force. Would love us to go to Madrid at the start of the January window and attempt to get Casillas.

panty

I have faith in Illarra, he has been very good and calm when he's played.

Don't have a lot of faith in the team though.

pulga

Banned
CAN'T WAIT TO LOSE LETSS GOOOOOO

Nothing wrong with it.

Was never an issue. People be hating.

I didnt like it much when the first pictures popped up. It has a certain whimsy, a charm.

Be positive.

I don't rate Ancelotti though. I didn't think he achieved adequately at PSG given the resources and quality of opposition and remain unconvinced by him at Madrid.

He got far in the CL though, and PSG was very impressive against Barca. But yeah, he's not convinced me yet, we're playing worse than under Mou's last season.

Suen

You can really see so far that this is an intense game. Not many opportunities created but it's still early. Both sides trying to push hard.

Clegg

Meanwhile, you have Kagawa, Adnan and Zaha who all could do well given a chance (although Adnan would obviously need to be handled with care).

Adnan is getting his chances now. I think he has gotten minutes in 4 of our first 9 games. That's pretty good going for an 18 year old playing for such a big club. Of course the worry is that he still hasn't signed a new contract. But I don't think Moyes can do much about that. He's doing his best to get him to stay by giving him chances to play.

The Kagawa thing is just perplexing though. He can be so good when played as a number 10 but that's Rooney's position do he doesn't get a chance there. He played well today but was subbed off at HT. Inexplicable imo.

And if you listen to rumours then Zaha is having an Illaramendi and finding it very hard to adjust to the pressures of being a player at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Could be the reason why he has yet to feature.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it too rash to say Atletico are one of the best 'teams' in Europe? Like Barca or Dortmund, maybe Juve, every single player seems to wholly buy into the ethos of the club and fight for Simeone. Love to see it.

Salvadora

I think it shows our midfield depth is actually quite strong. We also have Ryo who is getting game time is some matches too.

Striker, defence and Szczesny and we can be a force. Would love us to go to Madrid at the start of the January window and attempt to get Casillas.
When fully fit we have a myriad of options in midfield which is delightful. Over the next month and a bit they should be being reintegrated into the squad, first Rosicky, then Cazorla, Podolski, and so on. It gives us the opportunity to rest a few of those players who've played such a large part of getting us to the top, and gives us a welcome boost when we might falter. It also means that we can focus solely on CB and striking positions come winter and summer.

Pursuing Casillas would be a folly in my opinion, akin to the Cesc saga this summer. We should maybe go after ter Stegen or someone of his ilk. Szczesny sticks out like a sore thumb as someone who doesn't fit with the 'new' Arsenal.

I'm also getting a bit fed up of Giroud acting petulantly when something doesn't go his way. He would rather throw his head in his hands in incredulity than involve himself in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom