• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
feeling that there is one or two threads to MU winning the league might be exciting for a year or two I admit
but if you follow it for 20 years and when it's all done and said it is 50%-60% MU winning the trophy you lose all that excitement
at least that is the case for myself
I can see there is no big gape in the table through out the season but I KNOW it is MU taking it most of the time
this KILLS the feeling its more than 2-3 teams league over the years

nowadays whenever I hear someone says the EPL is a 20 team league I roll my eyes

Its not a 20 team league as in, there's a chance one of every single team will win the league... but as it stands, I think you could make a case for five different teams winning the Premier League. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who, even after tonight, would be willing to back Atletico to have a real chance to win the league.

Pachimari

is it his fault Bale transfer saga took forever to end? nope
is it his fault benz doesn't try as hard as he should and perez wants him to start? nope
When the * did I talk about transfers? When did I even talk about Bale? Get a grip.

Perez don't dictate anything in his second term, that much can all madridistas see. The blame on Carlo was his starting eleven and his substitutions.

He were completely off taking out Di Maria and Isco at half time for one.

The players were to blame too of course. Pepe and Ramos lost the mind games, Coentrao were frustrating and had many bad passes, so did all of them. Cristiano had an off day and don't make me mention Benzema.

She's a United fan too
AtAui5HCEAAg0LB.jpg

Its not a 20 team league as in, there's a chance one of every single team will win the league... but as it stands, I think you could make a case for five different teams winning the Premier League. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who, even after tonight, would be willing to back Atletico to have a real chance to win the league.

Nah, it's usually between 2-3 teams winning the league. Maybe it's different this year though. Still, upsets happen a lot more in the PL than in La Liga.

Wilbur

Banned
Just caught up with the thread. Rip Panty. You never really had a chance since FootballFan is so old that he was already trolling message boards when Madrid were still winning CLs.

Gorgeous post. Unfortunately only the second best of the night, bud knocked it out of the fucking park

Pachimari

Another problem is, that Carlo started with two full backs. We have seen it's no good with Arbeloa and Coentrao on each side. And he STARTED with 2 DM's at HOME. :/

K1LLER7

He's not even fast. He just has this hockey like motion when dribbling that it throws defenders off. You could tell he was really nervous when he first came on. The simple things he can do in his sleep weren't coming off. I thought it was good that he got over it and showed confidence after that.

I think we need a midfield that can dribble past players or at the very least attempts to. We looked dangerous when Nani went to the center and dribbled past a defender. It's just a shame that Rooney's touches/flicks weren't working and they fell to Anderfat at times.
Agreed. Nani looked good again. Hopefully he can keep it going this season. Thought Rooney had his weakest game so far this season, yet still grabbed a goal.

One of the worrying things about the team, is that it's so easy for opponents to get a clear run at the defence. I want Moyes to try a 4-3-3 and play Shinji as the furthest forward of the 3.

---------- De Gea ------------

Rafa --- Vidic --- Evans --- Evra

-------------- Carrick ---------
------Fellani--------------
----------------kagawa---

Nani/Adnan -- RVP ----- Rooney

Carrick and Fellani should stay back and help the defence when United attack. It would also let Kagawa influence the game more.

Turok_TTZ

is it his fault benz doesn't try as hard as he should and perez wants him to start? nope
Benzema cant do shit if he doesnt get the ball. Forwards need service to make shit happen. did we get that service today? that should be very obvious. I've never seen cr7 get so few chances. for him to get so few chances... there was no service to speak of. 3-4 chances is fucking peanuts. cr7 usually gets more than 20+ chances and this game he barely got more than 3-5 at best. benzema had 2-4 chances and all of them were very difficult to take.

With our current setup under Carlo, Midfield control and support is more important than ever and for us to have totally lost the midfield battle, we lost as a result. it doesn't help isco, illarra, and khedira playing together are not familiar with each other yet. also, isco was going too forward for my liking rather than helping buildup play and chance creation this game and imo that really hurt us. isco not helping creating chances. Carlo Ancelotti has been instructing benz to be more of a 9 than his true self so Isco really has to pick up Benzema's work or else another loss is to be expected.

accursed ancelotti, picking arbeloa over carvajal. old habits die hard dont they Carlo?

Still early in the season but it seems we're in for some rough waters for the time being.
Now I am actually concerned about going up against farsa and juve... bloody hell we will be crushed if we continue to play like this.

Dark Rider

I'm sorry Willbur, but I find it hard to make a case for more than 2-3 teams each year winning the EPL (keep in mind MU is always one of those 2-3 and has 50%-60% chance of winning it so they are the favorites).

I could throw out all the memories from the long years of watching the EPL and pretend that those 4-5 teams at the top of the table might win it
but seeing MU win it more than half of the time made it hard to take those teams seriously

Agreed. Nani looked good again. Hopefully he can keep it going this season. Thought Rooney had his weakest game so far this season, yet still grabbed a goal.

One of the worrying things about the team, is that it's so easy for opponents to get a clear run at the defence. I want Moyes to try a 4-3-3 and play Shinji as the furthest forward of the 3.

Carrick and Fellani should stay back and help the defence when United attack. It would also let Kagawa influence the game more.

What we should actually do is buy a left winger so we can stop continually playing people unsuited to the position out there. This would save us from making them look shit and our left wing being fucking impotent.

MPW

When the * did I talk about transfers? When did I even talk about Bale? Get a grip.

Perez don't dictate anything in his second term, that much can all madridistas see. The blame on Carlo was his starting eleven and his substitutions.

He were completely off taking out Di Maria and Isco at half time for one.

The players were to blame too of course. Pepe and Ramos lost the mind games, Coentrao were frustrating and had many bad passes, so did all of them. Cristiano had an off day and don't make me mention Benzema.

wasn't it di maria who lost the ball that led to the goal?

and yes, he should have taken off benz instead of isco

K1LLER7

Torres looked good today.

Ramsey was great again too. His assist for the first was class. The build uo for the 2nd was like the old Arsenal.

Turok_TTZ

Another problem is, that Carlo started with two full backs. We have seen it's no good with Arbeloa and Coentrao on each side. And he STARTED with 2 DM's at HOME. :/

we had two dms? where? I want to see them.
We had isco who is a am playing cm. Illarramendi who is a cm who cant play dm at all. and khedira who is a b2b mid with zero dm qualities.
where are the dms you speak of?

the only way for him to succeed is if he toughens up. ronaldo wants to do everything by himself; bale's just standing there like a little boy when he should be telling ronaldo to fuck off. this is a dog eat dog world. especially a club like real madrid. please understand, suen.

it's like in prison
imagine this guy walking up to you in the shower and telling you to toss his salad
if you don't beat the living crap out of him right there in front of everyone you'll be tossing salads for the rest of your time in prison

ronaldo is the big black guy grabbing bale by the neck, telling him to put jelly on his ass and suck it out of it
bale's the scrawny white boy who has no idea what he's gotten himself into

pepe, jerking off in the corner of the showers, can see this
ramos, benzema, isco; they can see it, too
ancelotti and zidane, sitting in their ivory tower, with iker casillas as their spy, they all know this

bale needs to grab the fucking ball and tell ronaldo to fuck off

it's the only way for him to survive

Nothing will top this, ever.

We should just end it here and stop FootyGAF.

Scum

AML Rooney? Killer, pls. Laboured knows wha' gwaan. Should have paid £40m - £45m for Baines & Felliani. :p

K1LLER7

What we should actually do is buy a left winger so we can stop continually playing people unsuited to the position out there. This would save us from making them look shit and our left wing being fucking impotent.
Rooney and RVP have to play.

Moyes loves wingers.

Rooney is better on the wing than Shinji imo.

Would rather see Shinji in midfield and influence games.

Pachimari

we had two dms? where? I want to see them.
We had isco who is a am playing cm. Illarramendi who is a cm who cant play dm at all. and khedira who is a b2b mid with zero dm qualities.
where are the dms you speak of?
I stand corrected. Illarra is a CM yes. But I see Khedira more as a b2b DM; he got absolute no qualities going forward anyways.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm sorry Willbur, but I find it hard to make a case for more than 2-3 teams each year winning the EPL (keep in mind MU is always one of those 2-3 and has 50%-60% chance of winning it so they are the favorites).

I could throw out all the memories from the long years of watching the EPL and pretend that those 4-5 teams at the top of the table might win it
but seeing MU win it more than half of the time made be it hard to take those teams seriously

We're in a situation at the moment where Atletico have won 7 out of 7, gone away to their biggest rivals and won for the first time in 15 years, and no one is saying they can win the title. Instead, Madrid have lost it and Barca have won it.

In the Premier League if United lose a match, then we know that there will be an opportunity to reclaim lost points when one of the league's 'smaller' sides takes points off City or Chelsea, and after a loss no one says "well United have lost the league". In La Liga, it went from tongue in cheek 'well Madrid have lost the league, they drew away at Granada' to a reality. They're picking up 95, 100 points every season. It's fucking insanity.

There's just a better level of competition in the Premier League. It might not mean the league's teams are stronger as a whole - Spain's top three or four sides are certainly better than England's, you might get a few very good mid table sides like Betis or Bilbao that are better than England's, although Swansea > Valencia #yolo - but overall, I think you see more upsets and hard fought wins for the lesser and brighter lights of the PL than you do in La Liga, and that to me makes it a more interesting league for the title race.

That's why I like Serie A more as well; I feel like Juve, Milan, Napoli, Inter, Fiorentina, Roma and Lazio are all capable of taking points off each other, and they're all capable of dropping far more points than Madrid and Barca do over the course of a season.

kharma45

Moyes loves wingers.

Aye Rooney is better suited to out there than Kagawa, although I can't see Moyes having the stones to swap them around.

Turok_TTZ

Me lacking a brain? That's rich coming from someone who has a hard on for Benzema and considers him a good player hahahahahahaah

Morata came in and did more in 10 mins than what Benzema and CR7 did all game
if your gonna troll, do so properly. Did CR7 do any better than benz? ask urself that honestly.
In any case, I would not blame either CR7 or Benz. They did pretty well imo considering the support or rather, the lack of support they got from the rest of the team. Our forwards did relatively good considering how absent our midfield was.

in any case our loss was deserved and its all on Carlo. He should have known better than to start arbeloa. either pepe/ramos, khedira ahead of modric, carvajal, varane.

Our defense has gone full idiocy and our midfield is looking lost. bloody hell. I do not know what Carlo's designs are but our boys aren't getting it and he needs to do something about it and fast.

arkon

Just got back in from work. Wow at the scorelines. City were 1-0 up when I last left it. Also is this United's worst start ever in the PL?

Wilbur

Banned
MOTD thoughts:

- City hard done by with that first goal for sure, but Hart's positioning for the second and the diabolical defending for the third means they can have no complaints. Architects of their own downfall there. Lacking some consistency which I thought had finally come to them; notice how they can win 3-0 away at the Czech champions but can't win in Birmingham? dat premier league

- Surprised Villa got the three points without Westwood/Gabby/Benteke but they'll be delighted with that. Might have got lucky a few times but Lambert continues to prove he's a tactically bright coach with a great line in motivation and man management. Doing a top job, all things considered.

- All three goals in that Swansea-Arse match were fantastic. Arsenal really building some character with wins like this, going away and adding fight to their game. The real test will come if Giroud or Mertesacker is injured for a long period of time, or even Ramsey who is becoming increasingly important to the way they play nowadays.

- Two very good goals in the Fulham-Cardiff match as well; the former are in trouble which is odd when you give their squad a quick glance. Some very talented players but barring Parker and one or two of their defenders (I particularly like Riether), there's too many players that are better aesthetically than they are when there's a fight on. Berbatov/Ruiz/Taarabt/Bent is not a forward line that can get into a scrap, they're ones that turn it on when they're 2-0 up at home against Palace.

- Speaking of that, they're going down. Just so little quality in the side. Saints look good though, was a bit worried they'd be unable to score today considering they look far better when they allow the opposition to come to them, but two good finishes. Still think if they can get Gaston playing as well as he can, he'd be a decent first team player. Offers something different that they don't really have when they start with the usual team.

- Hull were lucky as fuck today. West Ham were shit as fuck today.

Turok_TTZ

I stand corrected. Illarra is a CM yes. But I see Khedira more as a b2b DM; he got absolute no qualities going forward anyways.

if he was anything of a b2b dm, half of our midfield problems would have been fixed.
I really don't understand how he has started. Casemiro has proven in preseason to be miles ahead of Khedira in terms of putting in a dm shift on the field. khedira is a useless punk with zero qualities.

Wilbur

Banned
Just got back in from work. Wow at the scorelines. City were 1-0 up when I last left it. Also is this United's worst start ever in the PL?

Worse since 1989-90

won the FA Cup that year #believe

League show on now, show me the Jordan Rhodes brace so I can pretend he's my cousin to slags in Lancashire

Moyes loves wingers.

Aye Rooney is better suited to out there than Kagawa, although I can't see Moyes having the stones to swap them around.

As much I want Rppmey to play on the wing it won't happen. It would piss him off I think and he's the player most in form at the moment. Moyes is doing everything he can to keep him happy. Rppmey is much better defensively than Shinji so it wouldn't hurt us defensively like it does when Shinji pairs up with Evra on the left side. Sure he can't beat his man these days, but it's not like Shinji tries to do it either. Also, Rppmey isn't creative these days. He's a great goal scorer who likes to drop deep and ping the ball out wide. Shinji is much better at doing little flicks and giving a through ball around the box. Shinji also has great chemistry with Nani as they like to play a similar type of game. Shinji likes to act as a wall that can accurately flick/pass the ball back to anyone despite the pressure. Nani likes to initiate the 1-2s so he can have a go at goal.

This is the reason why I wanted Shinji to play as the number 10 for a while now.

Wilbur

Banned
As much I want Rppmey to play on the wing it won't happen. It would piss him off I think and he's the player most in form at the moment. Moyes is doing everything he can to keep him happy. Rppmey is much better defensively than Shinji so it wouldn't hurt us defensively like it does when Shinji pairs up with Evra on the left side. Sure he can't beat his man these days, but it's not like Shinji tries to do it either. Also, Rppmey isn't creative these days. He's a great goal scorer who likes to drop deep and ping the ball out wide. Shinji is much better at doing little flicks and giving a through ball around the box. Shinji also has great chemistry with Nani as they like to play a similar type of game. Shinji likes to act as a wall that can accurately flick/pass the ball back to anyone despite the pressure. Nani likes to initiate the 1-2s so he can have a go at goal.

This is the reason why I wanted Shinji to play as the number 10 for a while now.

We all do, but its not going to happen. We can do all the complaining we want on this most passionate of message boards, but to dave moyers egg its lost

like tears

in the rain

Turok_TTZ

What really pisses me off is we are playing exactly like Carlo's shit psg last season before they sorted themselves out. I knew this would happen eventually but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Damn it Carlo is a stubborn one...

In any case its still too early and I will continue to show support for Carlo Ancelotti.
Though I must say, we are in for some rough waters for the time being.

MPW

What really pisses me off is we are playing exactly like Carlo's shit psg last season before they sorted themselves out. I knew this would happen eventually but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Damn it Carlo is a stubborn one...

In any case its still too early and I will continue to show support for Carlo Ancelotti.
Though I must say, we are in for some rough waters for the time being.

yes, it is too early so everyone relax and give him some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom