• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

"Pointing to his tracksuit bottoms, which had a ‘B’ sewn into them, he added: “They have said that if I get the job permanently, they’ll put the ‘K’ back on.”"

KuGsj.gif

OH BALLY BALLY

I would legit rather give him the job than anyone we have been linked with.

MPW

We're not winning La Decima if we can't even string four straight passes together and aren't even playing our brilliant, electric counter attacking football anymore.

TDKR on tv. Gonna watch it and read some comics and head to bed. Saga is amazing <3

bale didn't have a proper preseason, same with varane, marcelo is injured

lets just wait until everyone is healthy and had some time to play together and then make a judgement

at worst, we will be 3rd best in la liga = automatic qualification to CL next season

Peco

We're not winning La Decima if we can't even string four straight passes together and aren't even playing our brilliant, electric counter attacking football anymore.

TDKR on tv. Gonna watch it and read some comics and head to bed. Saga is amazing <3

:lol

You clearly don't know Ancelotti.

Clegg

The dream is over United bro's. I'll see you in Turin watching Adnan and Pogba win their third consecutive Champions League.

pulga

Banned
bale didn't have a proper preseason, same with varane, marcelo is injured

lets just wait until everyone is healthy and had some time to play together and then make a judgement

at worst, we will be 3rd best in la liga = automatic qualification to CL next season

Fuck no. That's heading down the Arsenal path

ITS A SLIPPERY SLOPE MPW

FootballFan

You're an old fat fuck who only posts to piss people off. You bring absolutely nothing to this thread. There I said what everyone thinks of you.

Fuck off now, ignore listed.

Don't mind him, he hasn't taken his pills today. Brain gets all fudged up as the years go by, y'know.

#prayforFf

Do you seriously not have anything better to do than pull stuff out of your ass?

I hope my children do the decent thing and put a bullet through my head if Im ever 60 and posting lies and substandard trolls on a videogame forum.

dude just ignore his posts, he is doing this on purpose and you responding to him is what he wants you to do

FootballFan adds nothing to this thread - only absolute shit posting.

Yeah you're pretty annoying

Madrid-GAF really don't like me for some reason, didn't know you all felt this way :(

I don't know if ignore lists work when you are banned but I just want to apologise to Panty, even though I didn't report him it was my post that got his reaction.

Hope you're back soon dude.

Wilbur

Banned
lol I can't wait to see guys drop out of europe for year or two.

I can't wait to see Ibra become a fugitive after beheading Laurent Blanc in a training ground argument

i sure hope madrid get man utd in round of 16 again

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5136610feab8eab25c000002/real-madrid-scores-goal.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

I hope we get you in the final

dream a little bigger, darling

Suen

Parma plays Fiorentina on Monday. Donadoni will make me forget this nightmare and give me three points.

Night footy-GAF.

pulga

Banned
I can't wait to see Ibra become a fugitive after beheading Laurent Blanc in a training ground argument

I hope we get you in the final

dream a little bigger, darling

He's already settling for automatic CL qualification

MPW is dead inside :(

K1LLER7

Watched the United highlights.

Defence was dreadful today. Shinji had to play on.

Januzaj looked very good towards the end. Was great driving into the box and getting past players. Something Young and Valencia can learn to do.

Hixx

Yeah earlier on. Just reporting what everyone else is.

I have an intense dislike of Gus Poyet. Meulensteen would just be another aimless punt, no more a safe choice than Ball.

Anyway...

"Di Canio took a drink of water, sprayed it upwards, let it fall on his face and rubbed it in. He did this a few times in front of his shocked men.

Then the Black Cats' under-pressure boss told his team “that is what you have done to me, spat in my face” before telling them to do it to themselves.

Di Canio made an even more rude suggestion about what he would like to have thrown at his team – one we cannot print in a family newspaper.

Di Canio ended the ranting session by telling the players they could phone owner Ellis Short if they wanted him sacked.

The Italian gave the team permission to call Short and apparently did not think that would make any difference – as he felt he would be backed.

However, a series of calls were made to the London-based American and that swayed the decision and forced his exit.

Short had told confidantes that Di Canio “would get until the Newcastle game” to turn it around.

He made that decision in the aftermath of West Brom but his time-table changed entirely when he found out the depth of anti-Di Canio feeling.

Ball, who has been given no indication as to whether he will lose his caretaker tag, will be hoping to go as far as his old pal Rodgers.

Ball, who has spent nearly 20 years as player and coach with Sunderland, said: “When I did my pro license with Brendan he was very honest and open and got on smashing with everybody.

“When you see him now, you see the same Brendan as I saw then. Which is a great person.

“Brendan did a similar role at Chelsea to my role here. He’s finally ended up at Liverpool which is one of the best clubs you could wish to be at.”"

Bally pls take your nose out of The Toucher's brown starfish.

Turok_TTZ

Carletto is an imbecile. We need to fire him NOW, fuck it. He's absolutely clueless.

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO START CARVAJAL, MODRIC, MORATA YOU DICK

ARBELOA, KHEDIRA AND BENZEMA ARE CANCERS

do you lack a brain pulga or does making thoughtless comments come naturally for you?

I already warned long before Carlo was signed that Carlo had his major flaws which have been shown here today. Preferring experience over talent. This was why Arbeloa and khedira started over Carjaval and modric. Varane should have played but he preferred pepe/ramos to him. Carlo is also very, very stubborn.

Benzema has been instructed to play inside the box as a 9 rather than be himself which ironically was the main reason why we were barely able to create shit. for all the flack he got for his style last season, that very style was sorely needed this game as isco just went up and disappeared and Di maria has reverted back to his headless self. CR7 also joining benz being close to the box as well as both cr7 and benz being perfectly isolated from our midfield and this is what happens. too few chances. Benzema I want to remind everyone, was madrid's top creator last season. So for Carlo to instruct Benzema to focus on making runs and scoring rather than helping out in midfield in the build up play... we suffered. Also, expecting Cr7 to help build up play is madness and today he has shown, he can only score. utter useless outside scoring, not very good at consistent passing of ball.

Our midfield also got crushed, do not let possession stats fool you. we were woeful in midfield and for what Carlo is trying to accomplish, the midfield battle is the last battle that can't be afforded to lose at and we lost it bad. Isco, Illarra, Khedira were woeful. Not sure why Isco is lost, he looked like he was very lost out there. Illarra still too green and khedira shouldn't even started.

Don't get me started on defense. Ramos and pepe are brainless blokes and today continued in that trend. Arbeloa I would argue had a better performance than that idiot duo. Varane you cannot return fast enough ffs. I had no problems with coentrao.

I will not blame the team for this loss nor the players. (except Ramos and Pepe, those two are insufferable). This was a tactical failure by Carlo Ancelotti. Cr7 and Benz did exactly as they were instructed as did most others. Carlo needs to stop being stubborn and get back to the drawing board. our midfield got wrecked in a real bad way and this isn't the first time this has happened. Get your shit together Carlo, pls dont prove me right about you!!

The bright side for most of the Real Madrid fans in here is that they also support 3 other clubs. So at least one of the teams they support might win this weekend.

do you lack a brain pulga or does making thoughtless comments come naturally for you?

I already warned long before Carlo was signed that Carlo had his major flaws which have been shown here today. Preferring experience over talent. This was why Arbeloa and khedira started over Carjaval and modric. Varane should have played but he preferred pepe/ramos to him. Carlo is also very, very stubborn.

Benzema has been instructed to play inside the box as a 9 rather than be himself which ironically was the main reason why we were barely able to create shit. for all the flack he got for his style last season, that very style was sorely needed this game as isco just went up and disappeared and Di maria has reverted back to his headless self. CR7 also joining benz being close to the box as well as both cr7 and benz being perfectly isolated from our midfield and this is what happens. too few chances. Benzema I want to remind everyone, was madrid's top creator last season. So for Carlo to instruct Benzema to focus on making runs and scoring rather than helping out in midfield in the build up play... we suffered. Also, expecting Cr7 to help build up play is madness and today he has shown, he can only score. utter useless outside scoring, not very good at consistent passing of ball.

Our midfield also got crushed, do not let possession stats fool you. we were woeful in midfield and for what Carlo is trying to accomplish, the midfield battle is the last battle that can't be afforded to lose at and we lost it bad. Isco, Illarra, Khedira were woeful. Not sure why Isco is lost, he looked like he was very lost out there. Illarra still too green and khedira shouldn't even started.

Don't get me started on defense. Ramos and pepe are brainless blokes and today continued in that trend. Arbeloa I would argue had a better performance than that idiot duo. Varane you cannot return fast enough ffs. I had no problems with coentrao.

I will not blame the team for this loss nor the players. (except Ramos and Pepe, those two are insufferable). This was a tactical failure by Carlo Ancelotti. Cr7 and Benz did exactly as they were instructed as did most others. Carlo needs to stop being stubborn and get back to the drawing board. our midfield got wrecked in a real bad way and this isn't the first time this has happened. Get your shit together Carlo, pls dont prove me right about you!!

YES

The bright side for most of the Real Madrid fans in here is that they also support 3 other clubs. So at least one of the teams they support might win this weekend.

I love you.

Dark Rider

No? Villa beat City today, West Brom beat United, Liverpool lost to Southampton, Chelsea lost to Everton, Spurs lost to Arsenal. All small clubs beating big ones.

pulga got the answer:

Twenty team league that United has won like 20 times in the past 25 years looooooooool -_-

every year I watch the EPL knowing its 50%-60% chance MU winning
despite all the people deluding themselves saying you can't predict who wins it, it is in the end mostly MU with the trophy

EDIT:

can you please check your crystal ball again and tell me which other two teams I support? :)

pulga

Banned

Me lacking a brain? That's rich coming from someone who has a hard on for Benzema and considers him a good player hahahahahahaah

Morata came in and did more in 10 mins than what Benzema did all game

Watched the United highlights.

Defence was dreadful today. Shinji had to play on.

Januzaj looked very good towards the end. Was great driving into the box and getting past players. Something Young and Valencia can learn to do.

He's not even fast. He just has this hockey like motion when dribbling that it throws defenders off. You could tell he was really nervous when he first came on. The simple things he can do in his sleep weren't coming off. I thought it was good that he got over it and showed confidence after that.

I think we need a midfield that can dribble past players or at the very least attempts to. We looked dangerous when Nani went to the center and dribbled past a defender. It's just a shame that Rooney's touches/flicks weren't working and they fell to Anderfat at times.

Wilbur

Banned
Twenty team league that United has won like 20 times in the past 25 years looooooooool -_-

When people post things like this saying "United are the only team that win it looool", the difference is that they're not the only team in contention. From the last time a side other than Barca or Madrid won the league, which was 2003/04 with Valencia off the top of my head, you've had four teams win the league including that year. Only one more than Barca/Madrid/Valencia true, but there isn't the same level of competition. That's the argument we all make. United might have won a lot, but there's more competition.

Excuse the statty post, its interesting to me and I'm doing the research as I go along and please pulga please read ;_;, but just looked through the leagues since:

2004/05 - Barca 84, Real 80, Villarreal 65
2005/06 - Barca 82, Real 70, Valencia 69
2006/07 - Real 76, Barca 76, Sevilla 71
2007/08 - Real 85, Villarreal 77, Barca 67

Those ones are faily even apart from the first one (and even the second, Barca are 12 points clear of second). From then:

2008/09 - Barca 87, Real 78, Sevilla 70
2009/10 - Barca 99, Real 96, Valencia 71
2010/11 - Barca 96, Real 92, Valencia 71
2011/12 - Real 100, Barca 91, Valencia 61
2012/13 - Barca 100, Real 85, Atletico 76

It just hasn't been a competition since. That's why so many people pull for Atletico. Not necessarily because they think they'll win it, but that they shake up the established order.

Gnabry > Januzaj

This is a bad comment. Mostly because you're basing it off of seeing him play 3-4 games where as most of us have seen Januzaj play for the longest time in the reserves. Gnabry is also more physically mature than Januzaj.

In due time you will see how good Godnan is.

MPW

Not me.

This really sucks, what a pathetic display and Ancelotti has much of the blame.

is it his fault Bale transfer saga took forever to end? nope
is it his fault benz doesn't try as hard as he should and perez wants him to start? nope

Porcile

Atletico played well but title contenders they are not. Once their form dips a little they haven't got that special player whose going to drag them through the tough times in my opinion. A bit like Athletic Bilbao in recent years.

Real Madrid will do better in the Champions League. Teams in La Liga tend to be pretty dogged and rarely play for the outright win against them. To win Champions League games requires you to open up a bit and that's when Madrid play best. Not when teams are fighting for a scrappy win or draw.

Dark Rider

When people post things like this saying "United are the only team that win it looool", the difference is that they're not the only team in contention. From the last time a side other than Barca or Madrid won the league, which was 2003/04 with Valencia off the top of my head, you've had four teams win the league including that year. Only one more than Barca/Madrid/Valencia true, but there isn't the same level of competition. That's the argument we all make. United might have won a lot, but there's more competition.

Excuse the statty post, its interesting to me and I'm doing the research as I go along and please pulga please read ;_;, but just looked through the leagues since:

2004/05 - Barca 84, Real 80, Villarreal 65
2005/06 - Barca 82, Real 70, Valencia 69
2006/07 - Real 76, Barca 76, Sevilla 71
2007/08 - Real 85, Villarreal 77, Barca 67

Those ones are faily even apart from the first one (and even the second, Barca are 12 points clear of second). From then:

2008/09 - Barca 87, Real 78, Sevilla 70
2009/10 - Barca 99, Real 96, Valencia 71
2010/11 - Barca 96, Real 92, Valencia 71
2011/12 - Real 100, Barca 91, Valencia 61
2012/13 - Barca 100, Real 85, Atletico 76

It just hasn't been a competition since. That's why so many people pull for Atletico. Not necessarily because they think they'll win it, but that they shake up the established order.

feeling that there is one or two threads to MU winning the league might be exciting for a year or two I admit
but if you follow it for 20 years and when it's all done and said it is 50%-60% MU winning the trophy you lose all that excitement
at least that is the case for myself
I can see there is no big gape in the table through out the season but I KNOW it is MU taking it most of the time
this KILLS the feeling its more than 2-3 teams league over the years

nowadays whenever I hear someone says the EPL is a 20 team league I roll my eyes

Just caught up with the thread. Rip Panty. You never really had a chance since FootballFan is so old that he was already trolling message boards when Madrid were still winning CLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom