• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah you went? I looked at the thread but fuck meeting people I don't know

too scary

they'll judge my hair

Same as you, no idea who half those fuckers are.

Would be up for a footy gaf one though. Problem is, where is closest for everyone?

No one judged anyone lol. They are all nice people. I had only spoken to one of them before and went only knowing him and ended up meeting loads of new people. Played some Beach Volleyball game on the Gamecube with Eggybob who couldn't win a game and we won :D

If such a thing is planned way ahead I would seriously consider coming over to the UK. I still need to see London so I could make a trip out of such a thing. But only if I can eat for free at Nando's obviously.

Lets do this!

Old fat fucks

Will join

GglOfxm.png

Dark Rider

Sorry for the late reply :x

let me make it clear rider-chan; we can talk about both baby

so be it.

I think the difference is for me, is that you start the season by going "well obviously it'll either be United, Chelsea or City, and Arsenal are ridiculous wildcards". If one of them loses, no one rules them out. The end result might be United winning the trophy more often than not but for 8 months of the season its not a foregone conclusion like it is when Real are what, seven points behind by October?

Actually I start the season by going "well it'll be mostly United, if not then I see Chelsea (for example) have a shot at it, eh we'll see if another team can entertain us by coming close or not". If one of them lose then I start wondering if they will go third or stay second but still convinced United will win it mostly (even if it was United that lost). for 8 months I sit there thinking United will win it but watch the trolling that happens none the less.
how I see things in La Liga new season? well I start the season by going "well it'll be mostly RM or Barca but I wonder if Valencia can snatch second spot? berhaps Villareal? what will Bilbao, Betis, Sevilla, Atletico, Sociedad and Malaga do? can any one of them snatch second place?" not to mention the other teams that give us a run for our money and take points from us when no one is looking like Valladolid and Mallorca. I would be super excited for the derbies like bilbao vs sociedad, Sevilla vs Betis, Valencia vs Villareal, Real vs Atletic, Barca vs Espanyol those will be ELECTRIC (there more matches worth watching that what I mentioned). YES a month or two in the league and might be thinking Barca or Real will win the trophy with a 90% chance, but that dose not take away from my excitement for all those other matches because I can't wait to enjoy quality football played on the field in those matches.
Whoever only watch Real and Barca matches is MISSING out BIG TIME
in fact if you don't support either I would advice you to watch at least 3-4 matches weekly where Real/Barca is NOT a side in the match. Those two teams are just two of the best teams in the world if not the two best it is just not a good indicator for the other teams quality.

Like I said in my last post, is the overall standard of play of higher quality in La Liga? Probably. Betis, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal, Bilbao and Sociedad are all very capable of giving the Premier League's best games. But they're still an absolute age behind Barcelona and Madrid. I prefer the league being closer (i.e. better competition) than having better teams.

I advice you to ignore Rea/Barca matches and watch those teams matches weekly then report to us.
Also you see the teams being closer in points better competition
I see quality of football played on the field better competition

It probably helps that I live in England to be honest. Do you live in Spain? Is there different media coverage of all the teams there? We only really hear about Barca/Madrid here. You might be seeing an end of season review and see that a 3-2 win against City was vital to Cardiff staying up, or a 2-1 win for WBA at Old Trafford meant they came very close to European places. But it seems like all other results don't necessarily matter, and its Real's matches and Barcelona's matches that matter.

It is completely different in terms of the media and coverage in Spain indeed. Of course the English media will focus on the EPL and every detail in the EPL is an earth shattering news, them not giving other leagues due respect is common c'mon you know better than me telling you this (in Spain it's the same but the other way around I guess) so ypu hearing about Real/Barca only in the English media does not mean that these two teams is all there is to football in Spain (I think they are the only two teams that the English media will give credit or take seriously). You cannot be further from the truth about this next point. Every single point any team can claw out of Real/Barca might be vital in their fate (whether it be not getting relegated or qualifying to Europa league or having a shot at that 4th place..etc)
The fact of the matter is: it seems that only Real/Barca matches matter because the English media cares about these two only but in reality I think the other matches is where the fun and excitement is you are missing out believing the English media on whats worth watching in La Liga.

There's a huge financial discrepancy that isn't of the making of oligarchs but actually of the clubs and the league itself, and that doesn't help things. I just don't find it as interesting a league and there's very little competition in hindering Barca and Madrid winning the title, is probably what I mean more than anything. Are United 50% likely to win the league every season (not counting this years!)? Maybe. But there's far more obstacles to overcome winning the Premier League - tough away games at Stoke, Everton, West Ham, battles against City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool - than there seems to be in winning La Liga. Real and Barca just don't have to 'slip up' against other sides, and then beat each other.

If you stop fixating on Real/Barca matches and the focus on who wins the league the league then you will more fun watching quality football (especially that you don't support either of those teams so you are not obligated to watch them).
On La Liga side trophy wise its a contest of biting your fingers between Real/Barca
in the EPL you can have a bad day and lose a match
in La Liga if you are fixating on the trophy then you are biting your fingers to not slip a single match, you might think it is easy seeing as how strong Real/Barca is but trust me "no mistakes allowed" bring more heart attacks than "ok we'll just wait for our rivals inevitable slip". Yeah might not sound fun but it is what it is and that is why I advice people to watch all the other matches but not Real/Barca matches.

I've seen your finishing in FIFA m8.

Your lucky I put you down as Ando =P

Sleepless: Nicky Bendtner

Fifa 13 is not realistic enough for me to translate my real life finishing skills into the game, even EA stated that. Now that Fifa 14 is going into the realism route you'll see me finishing left and right. #FutureRVPinFifa14PS4

It's obviously why Rio is so shit now, he plays a lot of Fifa 13.

well hellooooo ;)

iR4Kabw1Lxj5f.gif

I'm a dude, I posted my picture on whatsapp ages ago.

Sorry to disappoint?

K1LLER7

K1LLER7

Fifa 13 is not realistic enough for me to translate my real life finishing skills into the game, even EA stated that. Now that Fifa 14 is going into the realism route you'll see me finishing left and right. #FutureRVPinFifa14PS4.

Your going to have to wait for the Oculus Rift version if your waiting for FIFA realism =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom