• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

This has been an awful week, both in football and real life.

After Man City handed us our asses last weekend, I hoped that United would be able to bounce back. Seeing our game against Liverpool brought my spirits back up somewhat; watching our performance, at home, against West Brom was nothing short of disappointing. I'm not out for Moyes Blood yet; it's still early days, plus I didn't expect that it waould be an easy road this year with a new manager. It's just that seeing us win would have really made me happy this weekend... since one of my brothers died this past Thursday.

He was hospitalised with meningitis a year ago, which was when they discovered an abnormality with his heart. They asked him to come back this year so they could operate on it, which was when they found the condition of his heart had deteriorated. Only one of his ventricles was pumping blood, and was overworked because of it; the other one was severely deteriorated, and they had to give him medication and keep him hospitalised until he was well enough to operate.

The operation was successful, or so we all thought. I saw him for the last time when he was leaving the hospital, smiling and talking to his wife and stepson. I left him with a promise to visit him at home to check up on him... a promise which, due to work, I wasn't able to fulfill. He went back to the hospital last Sunday; his heart gave out early Thursday. I heard he was in the hospital on Wednesday; my plan was to go see him on Friday.

Life is a cruel mistress.

Very sorry to hear that man. :(

G-Unit

So I heard Bale is twice as good as Neygod.... bwahahahaha

right now you could make a team of manu+madrid and barca would still beat them..... Bayern still best current team

Lightning

Banned

right now you could make a team of manu+madrid and barca would still beat them..... Bayern still best current team
Barca could not beat Sevilla without referee help. Shut up.

Sorry about your loss, yella. Life is unforgiving and very cruel. Wish you all the best, stay strong.

Barzul

After Man City handed us our asses last weekend, I hoped that United would be able to bounce back. Seeing our game against Liverpool brought my spirits back up somewhat; watching our performance, at home, against West Brom was nothing short of disappointing. I'm not out for Moyes Blood yet; it's still early days, plus I didn't expect that it waould be an easy road this year with a new manager. It's just that seeing us win would have really made me happy this weekend... since one of my brothers died this past Thursday.

He was hospitalised with meningitis a year ago, which was when they discovered an abnormality with his heart. They asked him to come back this year so they could operate on it, which was when they found the condition of his heart had deteriorated. Only one of his ventricles was pumping blood, and was overworked because of it; the other one was severely deteriorated, and they had to give him medication and keep him hospitalised until he was well enough to operate.

The operation was successful, or so we all thought. I saw him for the last time when he was leaving the hospital, smiling and talking to his wife and stepson. I left him with a promise to visit him at home to check up on him... a promise which, due to work, I wasn't able to fulfill. He went back to the hospital last Sunday; his heart gave out early Thursday. I heard he was in the hospital on Wednesday; my plan was to go see him on Friday.

You have my condolences. Loss of family is always difficult.

Suen

The black spot that will never disappear from this dirty cheating club.

barca_Black_Spot.png

barca_Black_Spot2.png

barca_Black_Spot3.png

barca_Black_Spot4.png

barca_Black_Spot5.jpg

Suen

Sorry for your loss. RIP and I hope all of you can come through this together.

My deepest condolences. I can't begin to imagine the pain you're going through, stay strong.

yella

Thanks for all the well wishes guys; they really mean a lot. I'm still a bit numb to it all right now. I haven't had this feeling of loss for a long time. kinda makes me wish people all lived forever, you know?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Could someone explain to me what's Zidane role in the madrid bench? I really doubt he gives Ancelotti any good tactical advice for Ancelotti to consider, seems to me he was superimposed there because Florentino wanted Zidane to have some camera time whenever the cameraman focuses on the madrid bench.

Why should they be disregarded?

Because their only genuine motive is one of respect for the victims of Hillsborough, and while that's perfectly understandable, it's not enough to override the benefits of safe standing.

Safety standards at stadiums have increased ten-fold since the 80's. What would be the major safety concerns at newer stadiums like Etihad and the Emirates if safe sanding was allowed?

FootballFan

The black spot that will never disappear from this dirty cheating club.

http://s13.postimg.org/v6mpm95jb/barca_Black_Spot.png[G]

[IMG]http://s23.postimg.org/ctunlsocb/barca_Black_Spot2.pngG]

[IMG]http://s23.postimg.org/tvnhnw37f/barca_Black_Spot3.pngMG]

[IMG]http://s21.postimg.org/45y5m669j/barca_Black_Spot4.pngG]

[IMG]http://s13.postimg.org/75keyjg3q/barca_Black_Spot5.jpg[G][/QUOTE]

you can post that all you like, make it ur avatar even. Bayern's a great club, we beat them 5-1 on aggregate just 3 years before that too. They were much better than us, oh well. Too bad 700m and the special one weren't.

It doesnt change the fact that you can't use one of your 5 teams to put it in our face and have to use the best team in the world bayern instead :p

:D

you can post that all you like, make it ur avatar even. Bayern's a great club, we beat them 5-1 on aggregate just 3 years before that too. They were much better than us, oh well. Too bad 700m and the special one weren't.

It doesnt change the fact that you can't use one of your 5 teams to put it in our face and have to use the best team in the world bayern instead :p

:D

Why did you tell Panty that the GTA song was bad? That was really mean.

FootballFan

Why did you tell Panty that the GTA song was bad? That was really mean.

Did you actually listen to it? Even if my favourite poster posted that song I'd say it was horrible. It sounds like a guy yelling in a hall, repeating what he says every 3 seconds to the same repetitive tune.

We all know Non-Stop-Pop FM is the best station though.

edit
For anyone interested, this is the song that started it all according to sleepless lol.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I haven't played GTA5 but I know for a fact that its sountrack is not as good as GTA:VC's it's impossible because that soundtrack>*

Did you actually listen to it? Even if my favourite poster posted that song I'd say it was horrible. It sounds like a guy yelling in a hall, repeating what he says every 3 seconds to the same repetitive tune.

We all know Non-Stop-Pop FM is the best station though.

edit
For anyone interested, this is the song that started it all according to sleepless lol.

Actually I hadn't listened to the song, it sucks hahaha.

Serious talk though, #NonstopPop bros

Although when I am in the desert I listen to west coast classics, the locals there hijack the station and broadcast locally. There's a Danny McBride show which is hilarious. You can't listen to it in the city though.

FootballFan

Actually I hadn't listened to the song, it sucks hahaha.

Serious talk though, #NonstopPop bros

Although when I am in the desert I listen to west coast classics, the locals there hijack the station and broadcast locally. There's a Danny McBride show which is hilarious. You can't listen to it in the city though.

We need Linius and Meier, the music experts, to share their opinions. Or if Fry likes it, that will confirm it sucks.

Lightning

Banned
West Brom - away
Norwich - home
Crystal Palace - away

If we can pick up 9 points from those games we will be in very good stead for when the hard fixtures come.

What a brilliant day yesterday was, aside from the Arsenal win

Man Utd lose a theoretically simple game at home
Man City lose
Chelsea and Tottenham draw
Madrid lose
Napoli win

Ancelotti's shiteness transcends curses, spells and the supernatural

Why do I miss all the good stuff. Would have loved to have been here when Panty got his namesakes in a twist, and would have stuck up for my bro FF. Posting fake scorelines is a cunt's trick though, some people keep up with the games through this thread

Sidenote 1: I could have sworn when I walked past a pub on the way to work that Sky were showing the scoreline as 1-1

Sidenote 2:
alvaro-arbeloa-rf_412130.jpg

Sidenote 3: pls beat Sunderland

rodvik

Stoke/Norwich are on Sky today. Whhhhhhhhhhy.

Every Stoke game Sky has shown has been fucking dire.

Might be a good game, Stoke have been inching a bit better under Hughes.

As for Norwich, I know this is rich coming from a Villa fan whose team parked the bus yesterday but really Norwich were pretty poor against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom