• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

I think Moyes will sort it out soon. Problem is, he's inherited a pretty crap squad that only won last season based on RvP and the fact everyone else was shite.

It's not that bad. Up front they have good options and defensively they're okay, although Ferdinand needs replacing sharpish. Midfield...well, there's been loads said about that. The shocking transfer window didn't help him. Moyes really needed more backing from the top.

Only a fool rules out Manchester United, even if they are being managed by Moyes. United have had poor starts to the season out SAF remember. I know this is especially average, but...

Yeah, I'm trying not to make the mistake of saying shit like this would never happen under Fergie. I've watched godawful games when he was in charge and they went out with a whimper like the 1-0 at the Etihad in the league in 11/12.

please shut up

Sorry. I'm still having trouble taking it all in.

shortyme

iR4Kabw1Lxj5f.gif

I'm a dude, I posted my picture on whatsapp ages ago.

Sorry to disappoint?

lolol

I know who you are Sleepless. I was kidding.

Messi

Wow football fan was straight up trolling during the game. Fake scores are such bullshit, Shame on you.

Panty , hope you are back soon.

Messi

Just seen the derby highlights. How did Atletico not score more, holy hell. Also wtf at costa squaring up to the ref loooool

FootballFan

^^I was making predictions on who would score bro. Just like when I predicted Portillo would score(for Malaga) or Balo would miss his penalty(vs Napoli). Predictions.

I'll take Fifa 14 for the time being. You're getting it on the PS4, right? .

I bought FIFA 14 for ps3 from the PS store, will I be able to do that upgrade thing for ps4 and get it for cheap?

How's everyone feel about safe standing? I think it should be implemented, it's a bit harsh but Liverpool and similar clubs who oppose it on sensitivity grounds should be disregarded.

It would improve atmosphere at most grounds and be a much more enjoyable experience for a significant portion of the spectators.

^^I was making predictions on who would score bro. Just like when I predicted Portillo would score or Balo would miss his penalty. Predictions.

I bought FIFA 14 for ps3 from the PS store, will I be able to do that upgrade thing for ps4 and get it for cheap?

No they don't let Australians take financial short cuts.

Messi

How's everyone feel about safe standing? I think it should be implemented, it's a bit harsh but Liverpool and similar clubs who oppose it on sensitivity grounds should be disregarded.

It would improve atmosphere at most grounds and be a much more enjoyable experience for a significant portion of the spectators.

Why should they be disregarded?

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur, look at this beautiful thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9os5qNv_RI

It's actually one of my least favourite songs on the album; normally I find Kanye's sample choices to be fucking perfect but comparing this one and the lyrics of the song comes across more crass than anything. Still love him tho. He did Bound as well, didn't he? That was good!

Have you seen him live? I saw him and Jay when they did the WTT tour, he's incredible. Wore a sexy little kilt.

Fry

It's actually one of my least favourite songs on the album; normally I find Kanye's sample choices to be fucking perfect but comparing this one and the lyrics of the song comes across more crass than anything. Still love him tho. He did Bound as well, didn't he? That was good!

Have you seen him live? I saw him and Jay when they did the WTT tour, he's incredible. Wore a sexy little kilt.

No, unfortunately haven't seen him live. But I really need to.

Do you like JT? 20/20 pt. 2 is just as good as the first. This year has been amazing for music.

K1LLER7

januzaj.

suso hasn't had his balls drop and is probably scared of how his junk stacks up when asked to shower with men.

next. don't ask about mancini.

Masturbation hurts nobody. Only thing that gets wrecked is a towel if you're too slow to run to the loo with your hands cupped under your junk
:lolol

1 more.

Mancini or Moyes?

Wilbur

Banned
That's not a question, that's a request.

do you know how many pistachio nuts you can fit in your asshole

No, unfortunately haven't seen him live. But I really need to.

Do you like JT? 20/20 pt. 2 is just as good as the first. This year has been amazing for music.

Haven't heard it yet! I'll download it tomorrow if I remember. Liked pt. 1 though, and Justified is one of the best pop records of all time xoxo

Facism

Are you a fascist?

when it come to simps, yes. Everything else, no. See how i mispelt it in my username?

How large is your penis?

big enough to draw blood

Whats the best thing you've done with it?

drawn blood with it

Whats the worst thing you've done with it?

drawn blood with it
:lolol

1 more.

Mancini or Moyes?

Both are like tumorous turds dropped in the shitter. Whichever one flushes last.

Wilbur

Banned
no but i could guess at enough to feed a family of 5 for 2 days

this family

are they portly

do they carry the weight of a small herd of rhinoceri

or are they slender

do they need to eat more protein

how will either family survive off your asshole nuts when one will eat too quickly and one will need more

you didnt think this through facism

why

now the family will starve

little tina

she's gone

she's gone, facism

little tina aint here no more

and guess who's on shovel duty

thats right

nah it aint clara

its you, motherfucker

Facism

this family

are they portly

do they carry the weight of a small herd of rhinoceri

or are they slender

do they need to eat more protein

how will either family survive off your asshole nuts when one will eat too quickly and one will need more

you didnt think this through facism

why

now the family will starve

little tina

she's gone

she's gone, facism

little tina aint here no more

and guess who's on shovel duty

thats right

nah it aint clara

its you, motherfucker

It's ok i know how to handle a shovel.

GorillaJu

Reading through the last night's pages of this thread is like reading the parts of ASOIAF when the shit hits the fan. Gripping stuff :D

yella

This has been an awful week, both in football and real life.

After Man City handed us our asses last weekend, I hoped that United would be able to bounce back. Seeing our game against Liverpool brought my spirits back up somewhat; watching our performance, at home, against West Brom was nothing short of disappointing. I'm not out for Moyes Blood yet; it's still early days, plus I didn't expect that it waould be an easy road this year with a new manager. It's just that seeing us win would have really made me happy this weekend... since one of my brothers died this past Thursday.

He was hospitalised with meningitis a year ago, which was when they discovered an abnormality with his heart. They asked him to come back this year so they could operate on it, which was when they found the condition of his heart had deteriorated. Only one of his ventricles was pumping blood, and was overworked because of it; the other one was severely deteriorated, and they had to give him medication and keep him hospitalised until he was well enough to operate.

The operation was successful, or so we all thought. I saw him for the last time when he was leaving the hospital, smiling and talking to his wife and stepson. I left him with a promise to visit him at home to check up on him... a promise which, due to work, I wasn't able to fulfill. He went back to the hospital last Sunday; his heart gave out early Thursday. I heard he was in the hospital on Wednesday; my plan was to go see him on Friday.

Life is a cruel mistress.

Fergie

Banned

After Man City handed us our asses last weekend, I hoped that United would be able to bounce back. Seeing our game against Liverpool brought my spirits back up somewhat; watching our performance, at home, against West Brom was nothing short of disappointing. I'm not out for Moyes Blood yet; it's still early days, plus I didn't expect that it waould be an easy road this year with a new manager. It's just that seeing us win would have really made me happy this weekend... since one of my brothers died this past Thursday.

He was hospitalised with meningitis a year ago, which was when they discovered an abnormality with his heart. They asked him to come back this year so they could operate on it, which was when they found the condition of his heart had deteriorated. Only one of his ventricles was pumping blood, and was overworked because of it; the other one was severely deteriorated, and they had to give him medication and keep him hospitalised until he was well enough to operate.

The operation was successful, or so we all thought. I saw him for the last time when he was leaving the hospital, smiling and talking to his wife and stepson. I left him with a promise to visit him at home to check up on him... a promise which, due to work, I wasn't able to fulfill. He went back to the hospital last Sunday; his heart gave out early Thursday. I heard he was in the hospital on Wednesday; my plan was to go see him on Friday.

Sorry to hear bro. Life might be cruel but you'll bounce back. And so will United.

And welcome.

Facism

sorry for your loss, friend :(

sohois

That's terrible news yella, sorry for your loss. Makes my complaints about having to work on Sunday seem stupid by comparison.

Didn't see any of the matches yesterday, seems like a pretty crazy set of results. Will perhaps try and seek out MotD later.

:(

I wish you all the best man.

GorillaJu

I'm really sorry to hear that. Gutted, man.

I've been where you are (lost a sister), and know how difficult it is to get a grip on anything. Stick around here and laugh a bit at Real, and City and Mou's antics.

Wilbur

Banned

Awful news yella, you have all my sympathies. Don't worry about something like football at a time like this. Hope you, his wife and stepkid, and the rest of your family are getting through this together; you all have each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom