• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Am I reading the fixtures right for Liverpool?

Dec 26th - Man City vs Liverpool

Dec 28th - Chelsea vs Liverpool

That is not a nice way to start Christmas.

Might be a good game, Stoke have been inching a bit better under Hughes.

As for Norwich, I know this is rich coming from a Villa fan whose team parked the bus yesterday but really Norwich were pretty poor against us.
The problem with this fixture is Stoke don't create a whole lot, despite playing better under Hughes, and Norwich are one of the most boring sides in the league at times. They are another side who create fuck all. This game has 0-0 or a single goal decider written all over it.

Mastadon

Banned
Mastadon>>>>> BrendonRodgers

The avatar too :(

Lol. When people change their usernames and avatars at the same time, I think they're new footy gaffers.

And then you get the ones that change from Wilbury => Wilbur.

I asked Mumei if it could be changed back, but I think he forgot.

Mumei pls.

Zabojnik

Are ready for Cerci? tied in first place with Rossi in the goalscoring chart! I'm going to sleep cya when the game starts.

I'm ready, I'm not sure Juve is. Galatasaray is three days away and our season has been somewhat shaky so far. Results wise we are doing alright, Kbnhvn excluded, but I'm not happy with how we've been playing. We lack intensity & conviction.
We have to go back to 4-3-3! #433bros

You don't like Zabo Theatre? We can change it.

Please submit your new nickname here:

It was an existential 'eh', unrelated to anything in particular. :)

Noirulus

What a brilliant day yesterday was, aside from the Arsenal win

Man Utd lose a theoretically simple game at home
Man City lose
Chelsea and Tottenham draw
Madrid lose
Napoli win

Ancelotti's shiteness transcends curses, spells and the supernatural

Why do I miss all the good stuff. Would have loved to have been here when Panty got his namesakes in a twist, and would have stuck up for my bro FF. Posting fake scorelines is a cunt's trick though, some people keep up with the games through this thread

Sidenote 1: I could have sworn when I walked past a pub on the way to work that Sky were showing the scoreline as 1-1

Sidenote 2:
alvaro-arbeloa-rf_412130.jpg

Sidenote 3: pls beat Sunderland

Why Ancelotti decided to start Illaramendi still puzzles me. Bale and Ronaldo were woeful, too.

Now Madrid is 5 points behind Atletico and Barca. =-(

I'm not even going to mention Benzema's uselessness because he's been hot trash in almost every game this season. Fuck.

Why Ancelotti decided to start Illaramendi still puzzles me. Bale and Ronaldo were woeful, too.

Now Madrid is 5 points behind Atletico and Barca. =-(

I'm not even going to mention Benzema's uselessness because he's been hot trash in almost every game this season. Fuck.

It sounds ridiculous, but I think the title race is over. Barca have it wrapped up, you'll still finish comfortably second though. Not good enough though. Everyone at Madrid knows that dropped points for Barca are a rare occurrence, and the aim was to play cat and mouse with them, keeping up and capitalising when thy either dropped points to others, or in the Clasicos.

Failing to keep within 3 points of them before September is even over is a pretty big failure imo.

Can;t believe Benzema still starts for you btw. Quick list of strikers who are better than him across Europe

Suarez*
Van Persie
Rooney
Soldado
Aguero*
Dzeko
Negredo
Tevez*
Higuain (imo)
Villa
Cavani*
Falcao
Ibrahimovic
Costa (?)
Benteke (?)
Lukaku (?)
Mandzukic
Lewandowski*
Gomez
Cardozo

The stars are players you definitely should have tried signing in the summer, even if you'd have had to give up on bale to make it happen. I'm not sure if Lewandowski was dead set on joining Bayern, but I think Dortmund might have sold to you just to stop him joining Bayern next summer.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
who would have thought that atletico would be alongside us at the top of the table after losing falcao this summer.

simeone the argentine mourinho.

Lightning

Banned
who would have thought that atletico would be alongside us at the top of the table after losing falcao this summer.

simeone the argentine mourinho.
Signing Villa goes a long way to minimising Falcao's departure and for a very generous fee.

Diego Costa also playing very well atm.

Indeed. World class managers need the all knowing Shanks to tell them how to manage a football team.

err I was not talking about how they manage but what they usually say. Jose is full of bull as is Wenger most the time in press conferences. They are the two worse managers to have to listen to.

Always have their own agendas.

Lightning

Banned
err I was not talking about how they manage but what they usually say. Jose is full of bull as is Wenger most the time in press conferences. They are the two worse managers to have to listen to.

Always have their own agendas.
Are you referring to anything in particular with this or just a generalised comment?

What has Jose said that makes you say this?

Are you referring to anything in particular with this or just a generalised comment?

What has Jose said that makes you say this?

Have you never listened to him???

He was going on about foreign players coming to the premier league and bringing their tricks to the league. Called Vertonghen disgraceful, regardless of the fact that Torres could have been off for several other incidents.

Edit: as for Wenger, he tried to sign rooney, higuain and suarez. Then when a journalist sked him why didn't you buy a striker. he blew up and said it is you guys who think that we need a striker. he has also blown up several other times recently.

Lightning

Banned
Have you never listened to him???

He was going on about foreign players coming to the premier league and bringing their tricks to the league. Called Vertonghen disgraceful, regardless of the fact that Torres could have been off for several other incidents.
I have listened to him, yes.

Vertonghen milked the situation and provoked Torres leading up to the disgraceful scratch and the actual sending off was nonsense. The ref made a mess of that situation. The comment about forgien players is nonense but you can nail every manager for saying things that are bullshit when things don't go their way. You only pick on Wenger, who you have clear issues with, and Mourinho. AVB talks a lot of shit too, as did Fergie, as does Moyes, and Rodgers etc....

I never watched the whole game though, only highlights. The game seemed quite feisty though, especially 2nd half.

We need Linius and Meier, the music experts, to share their opinions. Or if Fry likes it, that will confirm it sucks.

I'm an expert in music and I can tell you GTAV's soundtrack is weak sauce compared to some of the older ones.

Where's my metal station.

Fuck, at least we got that pop channel and hip hop one are good, but the rest are kind of meh.

But fuck that Modjo song, one of my most hated songs, remember when that shit was being played on MTV all the time, terrible.

Suen

Madrid should have broken their balls to try and sign Suarez
You know nothing Hitcher. Bale was supposed to be our messiah.

Ancelotti sure did some weird choices yesterday. I think the corruption of the league was too much for him so he broke down early in the season.

#ThirdPlaceBelieve

Suen

you can post that all you like, make it ur avatar even. Bayern's a great club, we beat them 5-1 on aggregate just 3 years before that too. They were much better than us, oh well. Too bad 700m and the special one weren't.

It doesnt change the fact that you can't use one of your 5 teams to put it in our face and have to use the best team in the world bayern instead :p

:D
FF pls, best team that season yes but that the best team in the world lost by 7 goals, not even scoring once at Camp Nou, is just very embarrassing. Juve went out with pride againt an unstoppable Bayern, Arsenal were legends but Dictator Messi FC were like an old dictator in his last moments on his deathbed. That score is just embarrassing for a club of that quality, regardless of how good Bayern was. Even Bate Borisov scored.

and ff pls, it's three teams. Same amount you support.

Arnie

Am I reading the fixtures right for Liverpool?

Dec 26th - Man City vs Liverpool

Dec 28th - Chelsea vs Liverpool

That is not a nice way to start Christmas.
Disagree.

Think playing the big guns at Christmas time is a wonderful feeling. Will be a million times more pumped up for City and Chelsea away than I would, say, West Brom and Crystal Palace.

City in particular, huge game, just down the road, boxing day, minimal travel but a proper away. Doesn't get better, really.

But then I know you were talking in the detached, sterile, they're difficult to win sense. I think that's stripping football of too much fun.
Wow, if he plays today it will be Henderson's 100th appearance for Liverpool.
So proud of Hendo. Welling up. He's come a long way.

ibsBxn3VFdrFZd.gif

Zabo was right, Birsa already scored more goals than Matri, we've more points than United, El Shaa and Monto will be back on Tuesday, Balo will play after a week resting and other good stuff.

Good.

Also, I'm getting a De Jong shirt. Guy's a beast.

K1LLER7

David Moyes

"To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players,'' Moyes told several national newspapers in England.Look at Bayern Munich, they have it. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past and Real Madrid, who have maybe got it now. That's the level you have to be at to win it. We've not got that yet but what we have got is experience.”

This guy...

bjaelke

David Moyes

"To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players,'' Moyes told several national newspapers in England.Look at Bayern Munich, they have it. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past and Real Madrid, who have maybe got it now. That's the level you have to be at to win it. We've not got that yet but what we have got is experience.”

This guy...

Moyes spent 11 years trying to get Everton above Man Utd and now he's finally achieved it, Well Done.

Zabojnik

Zabo was right, Birsa already scored more goals than Matri, we've more points than United, El Shaa and Monto will be back on Tuesday, Balo will play after a week resting and other good stuff.

Good.

Also, I'm getting a De Jong shirt. Guy's a beast.

1099824-17447343-640-360.jpg

Valter living the dream. All you guys need now is for Berlusconi to get reelected and you're set.

Arnie

David Moyes

This guy...
:lol

The closest we had to world class players were young, inexperienced versions of Gerrard, Carragher, and Alonso. And we were up against a team with over six world class players.

This guy. Full of excuses. The slug never sleeps. The slug just slides from one turgid talking point to the next. Making a mess as he goes.

Hixx

My local McDonalds had bouncers on it on friday night
KuGsj.gif

Also my old teacher has just been put in prison for getting caught shifting £30k worth of cocaine

just another week in east durham innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom