• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

My local McDonalds had bouncers on it on friday night
KuGsj.gif

Also my old teacher has just been put in prison for getting caught shifting £30k worth of cocaine

just another week in east durham innit
Holy shit!

faridmon

He just does not have what it takes to manage big names.

RVP looks utterly miserable, which he deserves the cunt

Doesn't have to be confined to big names.

I am grateful at what he did at Everton, and I really mean it. But some of the decisions we had to face under his management was rage inducing and he never translated that into a full justification.

I have said it multiple times, he is good when he is managing a club at the outer level. He can manage budgets, buy players that are useful and can create a proper team around his philosophy. But his man-management skills are terrible, his tactical imputes are outdated and cannot read games properly.

Man United were short sighted when they hired him, but I grateful, for them. We can at least move forward with Martinez. I don't know about Champions League football, but at least we will have a more progressive vision and playstyle.

pulga

Banned
I'm on Team Arnie. Absolutely understand having multiple clubs you like to watch, but picking two heavyweights from two heavyweight European leagues is kinda embarrassing

I didnt pick them. One day my uncle came home and he was like "here boy have these shirts, these are your teams now" and me, being an impressionable 8 year old or so was like "okay!" and the rest is history :lol

faridmon

I didnt pick them. One day my uncle came home and he was like "here boy have these shirts, these are your teams now" and me, being an impressionable 8 year old or so was like "okay!" and the rest is history :lol

That is the most emotional 2 line you have wrote in years.

Pogba really needs to step up. He is always going on about following in the footsteps of Pirlo, but he is just not as visionary right now and he does not control the teams passing. It really worries me the lack of a playmaker in midfield when Pirlo is gone. It will come back to haunt Juve that we did not get Veratti.

So far all of Juve's best moments have come with quick attacks from the bag.

velociraptor

:lol I just like following the leagues I grew up with as a child and in some of them I ended up liking teams so much I wanted to support them. There's no more to it than that.
I used to follow the Italian league but I still couldn't bring myself to choose and support a club.

I like some clubs in Italy. I like some clubs in Spain. I like some clubs in Germany. But I couldn't give a shit if they win or lose. And I never will.

Personally I find I have zero emotional attachment to every team except Arsenal.

Zabojnik

Pogba really needs to step up. He is always going on about following in the footsteps of Pirlo, but he is just not as visionary right now and he does not control the teams passing. It really worries me the lack of a playmaker in midfield when Pirlo is gone. It will come back to haunt Juve that we did not get Veratti.

So far all of Juve's best moments have come with quick attacks from the bag.

It's not just him though. Tevez aside, everybody's been shit so far this season. Think we need a hard kick in the teeth. I just hope Galatasaray won't be the ones supplying it.

It's not just him though. Tevez aside, everybody's been shit so far this season. Think we need a hard kick in the teeth. I just hope Galatasaray won't be the ones supplying it.

Luckily Gala are all over the place right now. If Juve can not win that then Conte really needs to have a hard look at things.

Tevez is garbage and Cerci is better.

You are a PSG fan right? How are my two Italian generals doing in midfield??? I saw Marco had 100 passes yesterday and him and Motta are 1-2 n France for average passes, but what is their impact like on the games???

I had worried Veratti would struggle to play under Blanc

I think training Pogba to be the new Pirlo is a waste. He has the physicality, finishing, and dribbling to be a much more useful attacking asset much higher up the pitch. We need to find a proper, like-for-like replacement for Pirlo if Conte plans to continue playing like this into the future.

La Gazetta called Matri's performance yesterday "embarrassing." Allegri said Matri did what was expected of him, and "worked hard for the team."

El Sha is healthy now, if he is benched in favor of Matri on Tuesday in the CL I am going to pull my hair out.

I think training Pogba to be the new Pirlo is a waste. He has the physicality, finishing, and dribbling to be a much more useful attacking asset much higher up the pitch. We need to find a proper, like-for-like replacement for Pirlo if Conte plans to continue playing like this into the future.

Yeah, I think it is only Pogba who really things he can do it. Worries me that Juve want Alonso. They really need someone who can take over from Pirlo for long term.

pulga

Banned
GIOVINCO YOU WORM

Yeah, I think it is only Pogba who really things he can do it. Worries me that Juve want Alonso. They really need someone who can take over from Pirlo for long term.

Everything about these posts is screaming VERRATTI COME HOME :(

Fergie

Banned
La Gazetta called Matri's performance yesterday "embarrassing." Allegri said Matri did what was expected of him, and "worked hard for the team."

El Sha is healthy now, if he is benched in favor of Matri on Tuesday in the CL I am going to pull my hair out.
Does Matri have something on them?

Lol.

Seriously Milan, looked good 2 years ago, wtf happened. Honda should have came. Kaka and Matri is just going backwards.

Fergie

Banned
Verratti wants to let his boyhood dream of playing for United come to fruition.

OMG, again, footy-GAF complains. PLAYER scores. We have the power.

Complain more about United please.

OMG, again, footy-GAF complains. PLAYER scores. We have the power.
I just said he has the physicality to be a much better attacking threat further up the field and he scored a header in the box, so I think it's more that Shake Appeal decrees, universe delivers.

MOTD Extra talking about Rene Meulensteen joining Fulham as assistant.

Smells like a stealth manager aappointment. Name him assistant and then fire Jol in a couple weeks with rene stepping in. He would already be familiar with the players and will not what needs to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom